You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_RC1138

So Musashi is coming and Missouri is going...

336 comments in this topic

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts

This part caught my eye:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-0615-let-it-snow/#other

Bring Home Mighty Mo

Now's your chance to pick up the US tier IX USS Missouri for in-game Free XP -- she's departing on release of Update 0.7.2 as we roll out a new tier IX battleship that can be acquired with Free XP. We decided two ships occupying the same niche at the time is one too many. Get grinding, you can still get Missouri for about two more months.

So that pretty much confirms it.

[-K-]
Members
5,235 posts
9,096 battles

Hopefully Musashi is a worthy replacement.  Wonder if she'll get any special credit or XP modifiers of her own.... :cap_hmm:

Alpha Tester
1,959 posts

No regrets. I've saved up 978k free xp, but because Missouri cannot be played in scenarios and I seldomly play random battles, it's probably wasted on me. Grinding the USN BB line has burned me out anyway. Farewell Mighty Mo.

[INTEL]
Members
8,568 posts
25,652 battles

Glad I just picked her up. Very happy with my new acquisition. 

[SIM]
Members
2,524 posts
4,179 battles

Oh wow, I didn’t see this change coming. Thankfully I already have the Missouri. 

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts
21 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

because Missouri cannot be played in scenarios

'Yet.' Time will tell if they may one day do up to and including Tier X. If that's your sole hesitation, it's a bad one. The Missouri is worth it on the basis for being a straight upgrade on the Iowa alone and an excellent Captain Trainer. Then add in the fact, no premium time, she still earns ~200k in a CoOp match, and you have something VERY worth the purchase.

• Cool 3

[SSBN]
Members
446 posts
8,664 battles

Was looking at her yesterday, wondering if I should pull the trigger on Nelson, or finish grinding out the xp for her.  Looks like some grinding over the holidays is in order.  

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

That's certainly a change from her being around forever. Well, glad I got her a long time ago. Also good to know when-ish Musashi is coming. 

Members
879 posts
9,083 battles
17 minutes ago, brdhntr said:

Was looking at her yesterday, wondering if I should pull the trigger on Nelson, or finish grinding out the xp for her.  Looks like some grinding over the holidays is in order.  

Asked myself that question for over a month probably.  Got MO, not many special flags as I creep up on Nelson.

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts
32 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Iowa is just as good as the Missouri so I'm fine with it.

Missouri is a straight upgrade over the Iowa. It trades the unneeded Spotter 23 km is more than enough) or Fighter (You already have the 2nd Best AA in the game and...) for Radar, which is really what you use the Fighter for in a BB, to hopefully spot a DD/Cruiser around a mountain. Yes, radar won't spot torps, but neither will a Spotter for 300 out of 360 degrees of it's rotation. And I'll take radar over a plane every day. Add to that the fact she's a premium (so 1 less Captain you need to maintain), makes her a top tier Captain trainer as already T9 ships earn great XP, her +100% XP prem camo means neting, w/o premium time, 3-4k per match is NORMAL in XP, which will combine to net ~5-5.5k Captain XP per match all on it's own (I've had loses with Flags on the Missouri that gave me ~13k Elite XP w/o Premium time), and the sheer ridiculous amount of credits she earns, there is *no* downside to replacing an Iowa with a Missouri.

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles

Good decision on their part.  Isn't Missouri already the most played Tier 9 BB?  Time for her to go.  Hopefully for a good long while.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,437 posts
8,085 battles

Figures. "I'll get Nelson, after all, Mo will be waiting and I can use the additional UK trainer". Time to find anything that gives me a chunk of free xp as a reward that I haven't done yet since I'm running low on flags to boost xp and I'm not converting that much if at all. Even though I have 4-5 million xp sitting on ships.

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts
4 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Good decision on their part.  Isn't Missouri already the most played Tier 9 BB?  Time for her to go.  Hopefully for a good long while.

At the moment, yes. But the Lion is catching up and that was (mostly) borne of her 3 other competitors being pretty meh: She's a straight upgrade over the Iowa so anyone that could, would ignore it in favor of the Missouri (I haven't driven my Iowa since getting the Missouri about a year ago). The Izumo is the meh of all meh BB's. And IMO the FdG is underwhelming, a minor annoyance before you get to the vastly superior GK. The Lion is the first T9 BB to be, well, competitive to the Missouri, favorably so IMO. I'm very curious to see how the French BB's will upset that balance.

[SF-3]
Members
1,502 posts
8,101 battles

Well that is unfortunate news. I was planning on waiting for the Musashi to see which was better, then using my saved fxp on that one and hoarding the rest for the next fxp ship. Looks like I have to get the MO now and hope its the better of the two. Although, sitting at nearly 1.4 mill fxp now means hopefully by the time Musashi comes out I could get it as well if needed.

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts
3 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

Figures. "I'll get Nelson, after all, Mo will be waiting and I can use the additional UK trainer". Time to find anything that gives me a chunk of free xp as a reward that I haven't done yet since I'm running low on flags to boost xp and I'm not converting that much if at all. Even though I have 4-5 million xp sitting on ships.

Play T10 with XP flags and Free XP flags. Takes alot less time than you'd think.

Members
2,122 posts

I'm not happy about this. Even though I have about half the free XP now for it... I used about a million free XP in September to finish 2 grinds I started and bough a Nelson. Now they give only a 2 month notice... I really don't feel like grinding and I am not even going to be spending cash to covert xp.

I thought they said these free XP ships would always be available to purchase with free xp...?  Now they are not.

*Edit*

I knew it...

Y6o8dKR.png

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/itsabouttime/

Edited by MorbidGamer
  • Cool 6

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,437 posts
8,085 battles
1 minute ago, _RC1138 said:

Play T10 with XP flags and Free XP flags. Takes alot less time than you'd think.

Yes, great idea

Except the part where I don't have a tier 10 and am running low on those flags.

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles

What BB is next!?!?

Since Destroyers are garbage and pointless, what do the Destroyer mains get to suffer through Next?!??! 

• Bad 3

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles

Get to look forward to what nerf. What other mechanic screws Destroyers, to make Battleships and Carriers great again?

• Bad 3

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles

Let's think of some ways to make Battleships better, in regards to Destroyers...

• Bad 3