Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Joyous_Vibes

Ranked is here!! Officially starts Friday the 22nd and is at T8

135 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

91
[5D2]
[5D2]
Members
382 posts
8,119 battles

I only have the bis and z-23 in my port right now. I’m cringing at the thought of repurchasing the hipper for ranked. She’s a good boat, but there are a lot better out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,012
[-K-]
Members
7,668 posts
12,592 battles

I'll admit I'm a sucker and will probably give her a good go, but I can't say I'm that excited about it.

Would have been nice to have a break between Clan and Ranked battles for some nice relaxed gameplay.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
144
[MIA-P]
-Members-
511 posts
4,586 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I'll admit I'm a sucker and will probably give her a good go, but I can't say I'm that excited about it.

Would have been nice to have a break between Clan and Ranked battles for some nice relaxed gameplay.

wow yeah

 

its breakneck speed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,415
Members
3,879 posts
21,278 battles

 T8 [edited]  yes. Finally. good.png cool

inb4 "I don't play ranked" generic comments .

Edited by m373x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,012
[-K-]
Members
7,668 posts
12,592 battles

I'm tempted to run Akizuki, just to bully other DDs.  Might consider taking out North Carolina for a spin too....been awhile since I've revisited the old gal.

 

But no doubt the usual popular suspects will be out in force: Benson, Kutuzov, Tirpitz, Lo Yang, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,012
[-K-]
Members
7,668 posts
12,592 battles
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Sounds like there's going to be quite a bit going on.

As long as I can play Ranked and simultaneously make progress on the active campaigns, then all will be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,674
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,711 posts
22,019 battles

Ranked battles while the campaigns are going on as well as having changing daily missions.... Seems a bit much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,589
[SALVO]
Members
23,911 posts
24,442 battles

 

15 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

As long as I can play Ranked and simultaneously make progress on the active campaigns, then all will be good.

For what it's worth, all of the current campaign are structured such that the tasks can only be achieved in Random Battles.  Will this change for the upcoming campaigns and Ranked season, who's to say (other than WG)?  It would be nice if Ranked Battles would count towards these campaigns, because otherwise it's going to stink if the campaigns have time limits on them, and you're forced to choose between Ranked and the Campaigns.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,589
[SALVO]
Members
23,911 posts
24,442 battles

I'm curious if they've created any new maps for this season of Ranked. 

Honestly, it's getting really annoying that we have another new update and yet again, no new maps for random battles (or coop)!!!  :Smile-angry:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,259
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
8 minutes ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

I wonder how well Clickterprise will do..... 

Probably not great, not many targets for the AP bombs. Lexington will probably be ok, but AS Shokaku will win the skies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
205
[WOLF1]
Members
623 posts
13,212 battles

Well i see it being the season of the carrier.  The season will start carrier heavy especially Enterprise with AP bombs looking to kill Tirpitz and Bismarck's.  Overall it will be premiums just like it was 2 seasons ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,413
[SIM]
Members
4,350 posts
7,348 battles

Huh, not really sure what I would run in a Tier VIII season. I guess that I’ll have to check my port and start practicing. Tirpitz seems like a horrible idea, but Harekaze or Kii might get the job done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
656
[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
10,245 battles

If it's the season of carriers, does this increase the value of Kidd compared to Benson? I would think the single torpedo launcher would make it an unfavorable ship, but its mildly boosted AA and being the only DD at the tier with a heal seem like pluses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
205
[WOLF1]
Members
623 posts
13,212 battles
5 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Honestly, it's getting really annoying that we have another new update and yet again, no new maps for random battles (or coop)!!!  :Smile-angry:

Yeah man I couldn't agree more.  Instead we get pretty new ports to look at!!! YAY!!!!

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,674
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,711 posts
22,019 battles
11 minutes ago, Crucis said:

For what it's worth, all of the current campaign are structured such that the tasks can only be achieved in Random Battles.  Will this change for the upcoming campaigns and Ranked season, who's to say (other than WG)?  It would be nice if Ranked Battles would count towards these campaigns, because otherwise it's going to stink if the campaigns have time limits on them, and you're forced to choose between Ranked and the Campaigns.

Wasn't the Bismarck campaign going on during last season of ranked? I kind of remembered that it was and the missions could not be completed playing ranked. Was working on the campaign and kind of skipped the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,259
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
1 minute ago, PelicanHazard said:

If it's the season of carriers, does this increase the value of Kidd compared to Benson? I would think the single torpedo launcher would make it an unfavorable ship, but its mildly boosted AA and being the only DD at the tier with a heal seem like pluses.

I don't know, honestly. When I see them, I plan on just keeping them spotted with fighters, so choose which consumable to burn, and if you ever choose def AA, the bombers will be coming soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,925
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,683 posts
24,440 battles

World of Bensons is back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×