You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Abides

Ranked is here!! Officially starts Friday the 22nd and is at T8

136 comments in this topic

[DUDE_]
Members
2,604 posts
12,503 battles

What's it going to be? what are you going to be rolling in?

Edited by Sweetsie

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
306 posts
5,205 battles

I only have the bis and z-23 in my port right now. I’m cringing at the thought of repurchasing the hipper for ranked. She’s a good boat, but there are a lot better out there.

[-K-]
Members
5,307 posts
9,131 battles

I'll admit I'm a sucker and will probably give her a good go, but I can't say I'm that excited about it.

Would have been nice to have a break between Clan and Ranked battles for some nice relaxed gameplay.

• Cool 1

[MIA-A]
Supertester
505 posts
4,421 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I'll admit I'm a sucker and will probably give her a good go, but I can't say I'm that excited about it.

Would have been nice to have a break between Clan and Ranked battles for some nice relaxed gameplay.

wow yeah

its breakneck speed

Members
3,725 posts
15,088 battles

T8 [edited]  yes. Finally. good.png cool

inb4 "I don't play ranked" generic comments .

Edited by m373x

[-K-]
Members
5,307 posts
9,131 battles

I'm tempted to run Akizuki, just to bully other DDs.  Might consider taking out North Carolina for a spin too....been awhile since I've revisited the old gal.

But no doubt the usual popular suspects will be out in force: Benson, Kutuzov, Tirpitz, Lo Yang, etc.

[-K-]
Members
5,307 posts
9,131 battles
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Sounds like there's going to be quite a bit going on.

As long as I can play Ranked and simultaneously make progress on the active campaigns, then all will be good.

[PVE]
Members
5,669 posts
18,251 battles

Ranked battles while the campaigns are going on as well as having changing daily missions.... Seems a bit much. 

[SALVO]
Members
17,117 posts
17,794 battles

15 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

As long as I can play Ranked and simultaneously make progress on the active campaigns, then all will be good.

For what it's worth, all of the current campaign are structured such that the tasks can only be achieved in Random Battles.  Will this change for the upcoming campaigns and Ranked season, who's to say (other than WG)?  It would be nice if Ranked Battles would count towards these campaigns, because otherwise it's going to stink if the campaigns have time limits on them, and you're forced to choose between Ranked and the Campaigns.

[SALVO]
Members
17,117 posts
17,794 battles

I'm curious if they've created any new maps for this season of Ranked. 

Honestly, it's getting really annoying that we have another new update and yet again, no new maps for random battles (or coop)!!!  :Smile-angry:

• Cool 2

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
8 minutes ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

I wonder how well Clickterprise will do..... 

Probably not great, not many targets for the AP bombs. Lexington will probably be ok, but AS Shokaku will win the skies.

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles

Well i see it being the season of the carrier.  The season will start carrier heavy especially Enterprise with AP bombs looking to kill Tirpitz and Bismarck's.  Overall it will be premiums just like it was 2 seasons ago.

[SIM]
Members
2,550 posts
4,190 battles

Huh, not really sure what I would run in a Tier VIII season. I guess that I’ll have to check my port and start practicing. Tirpitz seems like a horrible idea, but Harekaze or Kii might get the job done.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
8,405 battles

If it's the season of carriers, does this increase the value of Kidd compared to Benson? I would think the single torpedo launcher would make it an unfavorable ship, but its mildly boosted AA and being the only DD at the tier with a heal seem like pluses.

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles
5 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Honestly, it's getting really annoying that we have another new update and yet again, no new maps for random battles (or coop)!!!  :Smile-angry:

Yeah man I couldn't agree more.  Instead we get pretty new ports to look at!!! YAY!!!!

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
5,669 posts
18,251 battles
11 minutes ago, Crucis said:

For what it's worth, all of the current campaign are structured such that the tasks can only be achieved in Random Battles.  Will this change for the upcoming campaigns and Ranked season, who's to say (other than WG)?  It would be nice if Ranked Battles would count towards these campaigns, because otherwise it's going to stink if the campaigns have time limits on them, and you're forced to choose between Ranked and the Campaigns.

Wasn't the Bismarck campaign going on during last season of ranked? I kind of remembered that it was and the missions could not be completed playing ranked. Was working on the campaign and kind of skipped the season. 

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
1 minute ago, PelicanHazard said:

If it's the season of carriers, does this increase the value of Kidd compared to Benson? I would think the single torpedo launcher would make it an unfavorable ship, but its mildly boosted AA and being the only DD at the tier with a heal seem like pluses.

I don't know, honestly. When I see them, I plan on just keeping them spotted with fighters, so choose which consumable to burn, and if you ever choose def AA, the bombers will be coming soon.