You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Peppa_Chan_v3v

Could we get a sanction?

15 comments in this topic

[CVR]
Members
138 posts
5,530 battles

WG should impose more severe sanctions on these kinds of players, as one asks for (create) kindly for help with enemies and receives an answer like this one.

It bothers and annoys him that he goes to the end of the map without doing anything, and stays AFK doing that maybe his help could make the game win, but well, not all players know that it is the team play and companionship.

And yes, I know my behavior was not the best, but # Bad Teams Day, I replied in a bad way and I think I deserve a sanction for "ruining" the game to a player, so WG I expect my sanction, hopefully and even if that's the case.

Thank you for reading ^^ (forgive me for my English :p)

Edited by Peppa_Chan_v3v

[HINON]
Members
9,062 posts

Better block some names from your screenshots and post or you are also violating the naming and shaming policy of the forums.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,156 posts
17,832 battles

Peppa, you definitely need to either remove the pics or edit them to remove the names.  naming and shaming is a serious thing.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,156 posts
17,832 battles
2 minutes ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

Giving away player locations is also against the game rules...

Yes, but naming and shaming is against FORUM rules and we're on the forum.  

Furthermore, the OP should have opened a support ticket and sent them these screen grabs make his case.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,156 posts
17,832 battles

For what it's worth, the real solution to prevent this completely is simple.  Do what WoT did, and remove ALL chat.  Without ALL chat, you can't tell the enemy a bloody thing, at least through in-game means.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Members
9,062 posts
18 minutes ago, Crucis said:

For what it's worth, the real solution to prevent this completely is simple.  Do what WoT did, and remove ALL chat.  Without ALL chat, you can't tell the enemy a bloody thing, at least through in-game means.

It's rare enough that we don't need to remove all chat. There is plenty of fun banter and praise in all chat that would be lost. 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,156 posts
17,832 battles
3 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

It's rare enough that we don't need to remove all chat. There is plenty of fun banter and praise in all chat that would be lost. 

Honestly, I do not value anything I've seen in ALL chat.  To me, the bad so VASTLY outweighs the good that IMO dumping ALL chat is a total no-brainer.

• Bad 1

[TBW]
Members
6,423 posts
12,071 battles
25 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Honestly, I do not value anything I've seen in ALL chat.  To me, the bad so VASTLY outweighs the good that IMO dumping ALL chat is a total no-brainer.

Historically any sailor could talk to any enemy sailor and banter back and forth during battle, right?. I am in agreeance there is no reason to talk to the other team. I know friends might want to say hello but that's the only reason, so they could make it so if you click on them while holding tab you can send a personal hello to some one. Of course that could be abused too.

[SALVO]
Members
17,156 posts
17,832 battles
2 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Historically any sailor could talk to any enemy sailor and banter back and forth during battle, right?. I am in agreeance there is no reason to talk to the other team. I know friends might want to say hello but that's the only reason, so they could make it so if you click on them while holding tab you can send a personal hello to some one. Of course that could be abused too.

They can PM each other after the battle.  That's what the PM functionality is there for.

Hey, I occasionally o7 familiar forumites I encounter in-game even when they're on the other team.  But IMO losing that ability is a miniscule thing compared to getting rid of all the incredible negatives of keeping ALL chat around.

But how about this?  Add a canned message that goes to ALL chat and says "GG".  And perhaps have an option on each player's pull down that allows you to send an "o7 <player_name>" even to enemy team players.  Heck, maybe even on the compliments menu option, make it a canned message in-game, even to enemy team players.  But don't do the same thing for reports.  These canned messages may not be as personal as free form written ones, but they also prevent any abuse of the ALL chat system.

• Cool 2

[-TAB-]
Members
1,611 posts
5,190 battles
53 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

yes!! I was in a battle that went exceedingly well (for the red team), and it was chock full of fun banter and deep praise from both teams!

well, actually, there was an OPG player on the red team, so there a LOT of (crap)talk, and a snotton of ego centric garbage.

come to think of it, there was no fun banter, or deep praise, it was the usual (crap)talk, and the most constructive it got at any time was 'get out from behind the island, and fight.'

nobody that was hiding behind an island did so, as usual. we had agreed to head for A, but it was going red, so all 7 of us that were heading there were assuredly outgunned, so we had to run to B, which was already capped by that time. then we had to head south, and try to run off the map before they caught up with us. it didn't work (shocker) and then they caught us and focus fired us (green never figured that one out, too complex) down one at a time. 

without chat, it would have been a slaughter loss. with chat, it was a slaughter loss. chat needs to stay in the game BIG TIME.

(sarcastic font)

[HINON]
Members
9,062 posts
6 hours ago, not_acceptable said:

*wall of sarcastic anecdote*

I find the good use of all chat more common. Tbh the ones that abuse things usually get chat banned pretty quick. In fact we see them come whine on the forums from time to time.

[-TAB-]
Members
1,611 posts
5,190 battles
5 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

I find the good use of all chat more common. Tbh the ones that abuse things usually get chat banned pretty quick. In fact we see them come whine on the forums from time to time.

the closest to warm fuzzies I've seen in all chat regularly is 

1) anybody else hate this _____________  (boats, maps, epicenter on desert tears, MM)

2) GG when they are ahead by 9 boats, 800 points, and it's only 8 minutes into the battle

3) they got a kraken, and one of their teammates/clanmates is praising them up on all chat.

I am glad that inspires you. 

I have no clue what you have to do in battle chat to get banned. read some stuff in there that should result in international hate crimes investigations, they are playing in the next battle, the next day, all week. you must not play evenings mountain time.

your assessment of the players banned from battlechat coming to whine on the forums 'from time to time' is correct. it's rare, as are the bans. even more rare is the toxic players that excel at (crap)talking in battle chat even using the forum. the majority of players don't use the forum regularly.

Edited by not_acceptable
foul language made it past the censor. L M A O

[TWBNS]
Members
82 posts
11,411 battles

On 12/19/2017 at 11:11 AM, not_acceptable said:

read some stuff in there that should result in international hate crimes investigations

Mere speech is never a "hate crime" in the United States.  Anyway, who really cares what goes on in chat?  It is all too easy to just turn it off or tune it out.

Edited by JunkwaffelXXI