You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Stauffenberg44

Manual Log-in everytime?

15 comments in this topic

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
655 posts
7,957 battles
28 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Everytime I hit the forums I have to log in. "Remember me" doesn't.

That may be dependent on your browser settings. 

Members
4,819 posts
5,596 battles

My browser on my PC remembers my login for the forums, but my phone doesn't. I have to log in every time I view the forums on the phone.

I use the desktop version of the browser, and if I try to just log into the forums, I get a blank page that won't allow me to actually log in. I have to go through the main website to get logged in on the forums when using my phone.

Members
3,468 posts
6,161 battles
1 hour ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Forum

That is the Remember Me function not working and keeping you logged in.  Since the newest update it auto logs out after XX minutes and I have to relog in again.  Before the patch never an issue and using the same FF install as before the latest forum update.

[PSP]
Members
6,225 posts
8,853 battles

Do you have a program enabled that automatically clears cookies, either periodically or at each shutdown or reboot? If so, you need to add an exception for this forum.

• Cool 1

Members
3,468 posts
6,161 battles

For clarification - when I click Log In - it logs me in automatically whether by the page OR by Dashlane.  It logs in fast enough I never saw the log in page sooooo I logged out manually and had it relog in again and got a glimpse of the log in page very briefly and saw that the Remember Me was not unchecked.  So it looks, in my case, that the forum update removed the check for the Remember Me checkbox.  Rechecked the checkbox - shall see in the morning if I am still logged in.

Members
3,562 posts
6,867 battles
55 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

For clarification - when I click Log In - it logs me in automatically whether by the page OR by Dashlane.  It logs in fast enough I never saw the log in page sooooo I logged out manually and had it relog in again and got a glimpse of the log in page very briefly and saw that the Remember Me was not unchecked.  So it looks, in my case, that the forum update removed the check for the Remember Me checkbox.  Rechecked the checkbox - shall see in the morning if I am still logged in.

Thanks for that.

Members
3,468 posts
6,161 battles

Nope - was logged out after refreshing the screen this morning so as far as I am concerned the Remember Me option is screwed up.

Members
3,468 posts
6,161 battles
9 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

What browser do you use?

As noted before - Firefox and was using FF before forum update that screwed up the Remember Me function.

[PSP]
Members
6,225 posts
8,853 battles
Just now, CylonRed said:

As noted before - Firefox and was using FF before forum update that screwed up the Remember Me function.

Try logging in with another browser and see if it won't "remember" If it does then the problem probably lies with the way Firefox is handling cookies.  First, I'd clear its cache, then I'd check its security settings to see if it is set to automatically clear cookies. Finally, I'd add an exception for this forum.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences