Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MajorRenegade

After 2 long years, they're finally adding it(ST Training Room)

30 comments in this topic

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,122 posts
4,270 battles

No more having the need to keep modding it. It will now be on by default

ST, training room

Training room mode is added to the game. Players will be able to fine-tune most of the parameters of training battles.

UPD: as some of you have noticed (thank you!) the 2nd and 3rd options in the "type" window say pretty much the same thing, but keep in mind that this is work in progress. The second option is going to be: "forbid team leaders from adding members".

image.thumb.jpeg.2f22069bc44f2c901b1ad3a9e0c75303.jpeg

• Cool 2

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,122 posts
4,270 battles
1 minute ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

So how is it different from the normal training battles I often enable? More options?

my guess is that they fixed a lot of bugs this time around

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,387 posts
3,875 battles

I hope there's an option for a 25th player to be an observer. A position that could work fabulously for tournament callers and the like.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,252 posts
8,566 battles
12 minutes ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

So how is it different from the normal training battles I often enable? More options?

There is probably no functional difference... just a cleaner UI to set it up.

2 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

I hope there's an option for a 25th player to be an observer. A position that could work fabulously for tournament callers and the like.

Ha! You wish... I wish too!

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
22 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

No more having the need to keep modding it. It will now be on by default

image.thumb.jpeg.2f22069bc44f2c901b1ad3a9e0c75303.jpeg

Is this operational now or will be included in the next Update?

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,387 posts
3,875 battles
5 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Ha! You wish... I wish too!

Well if WG ever hopes to (unwisely) push for WoWS e-sports, they'll need some way for game callers to observe and comment on the match as a third party.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

The big question is... Will there be premium bots like in wowp???

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,769 battles
21 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Fantastic idea. I've wanted to do a Battle of Jutland scenario forever an observer would be a great addition.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

Bout time they did, they probably got sick of setting all the forum posts about request to add it in officially.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,835 posts
13,768 battles

Surprised no one has mentioned the Dev Blog post on Personal Insignias that are coming. 

Said you could earn them and get them from containers. Not sure they go on your ship though. 

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
25,745 posts
11,051 battles

Yay better late than never for Training Rooms. \ /^.\\ /

[PSP]
Members
6,221 posts
8,848 battles
3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Since we're on a roll, maybe sometime this century Replays can actually be enabled in game.

Takes only 30 seconds to enable replays and you only have to do it once unless you reinstall the game.

https://na.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/517

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,198 posts
9,879 battles

raises hand*

question, is this going to be for standard client or for testing patches?:fish_book:

I ask because I've never used mods or the training room to begin with.

Members
16,046 posts
14,423 battles
34 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Takes only 30 seconds to enable replays and you only have to do it once unless you reinstall the game.

https://na.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/517

I know this, but how many threads have you seen on these boards alone with people seeking help.

"You got any replays?  We can critique them."
"What are replays?  I don't see the option for them in game."

[PSP]
Members
6,221 posts
8,848 battles
27 minutes ago, stickemwiththepointyend said:

Naaa, I'll believe it when it's in game.

Ditto Replays...

That link I gave for replays is for an official WarGaming knowledgebase article. If you can't be bothered to take the 30 seconds it takes to enable replays then don't expect much help from people here when they ask to see one.

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
35 posts
90 battles
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

That link I gave for replays is for an official WarGaming knowledgebase article. If you can't be bothered to take the 30 seconds it takes to enable replays then don't expect much help from people here when they ask to see one.

I have many Replays, the ability to enable them has been around since OBT. Not the point...

• Bad 1

[FOXEH]
Members
3,349 posts
12,081 battles
1 hour ago, RedSeaBear said:

Surprised no one has mentioned the Dev Blog post on Personal Insignias that are coming. 

Said you could earn them and get them from containers. Not sure they go on your ship though. 

Expound, please! 

Members
2,492 posts
5,479 battles

Yes this ingame training mod will help many people and also lessen the requests to enable them in the script file.   Would be interesting if the BOTS could be  programed to behave in different ways like levels in chess but

thats maybe in the future.  Still a good development for all.  Another additional request would be is to make the REPLAYS play in some program which does not depend on a version specific WOW program but a more

basic program that displays the movements of your ships and some primitive graphics depicted which would render on almost ALL versions of WOW as a replay. Maybe a bit too much to ask? 

Members
3,467 posts
6,156 battles
1 minute ago, dionkraft said:

Another additional request would be is to make the REPLAYS play in some program which does not depend on a version specific WOW program but a more

basic program that displays the movements of your ships and some primitive graphics depicted which would render on almost ALL versions of WOW as a replay. Maybe a bit too much to ask? 

It would need to be an actual replay and that is probably never going to happen due to file sizes (actual replays would create far larger files).  The replay captures game data to render the screens which makes it useful to the developers to be able to use for troublshooting.

To be really useful it can't just show really basic info, it really has to show everything so folks can see LOS between various ships at any given time, see the track of shells, and be able to move around the entire map at a minimum.   

Members
2,492 posts
5,479 battles
42 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

It would need to be an actual replay and that is probably never going to happen due to file sizes (actual replays would create far larger files).  The replay captures game data to render the screens which makes it useful to the developers to be able to use for troublshooting.

To be really useful it can't just show really basic info, it really has to show everything so folks can see LOS between various ships at any given time, see the track of shells, and be able to move around the entire map at a minimum.   

Were talking about ONE program which will play back the REPLAY as it is..but the program is meant to play back the primitive motions, shots fires, outline of ships and many of the generic attributes the replay has within.l

The program cannot display graphics features which differ from version to version nor any changes which rely on unique DLL's which are different than the ones used months back. As far as the replay files - they are not large at all..they are script commands which tell the WOW engine where the ship is, draw it in a sector, move it..draw island...etc etc.  The whole idea with this is to replay any replay saved and play it back to show the game as you played it.

It cannot show it as it was graphically as if it could..you would have to compile ALL the WOW versions and THAT would take some MAJOR space.   

As far as ONLY for developers..I cannot disagree more..its about showing HOW the battle was played from different angles if you know how to use the three key FREECAM and look at

yourself from other angles to see how your enemy saw you and also if confused see how you got erased if not sure.  

Edited by dionkraft

[NDA]
Supertester
4,835 posts
13,768 battles
25 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Expound, please! 

From the FaceBook WoWs Dev page,

ST, personal insignias

A new way to customize player's profile is added to the game - personal insignias. They include decoration patches and emblems. Emblems are awarded for particular achievements. Patches can be found in daily containers and received for completing combat missions, among other ways.

25488281_1982610338731970_39229880182778

Edited by RedSeaBear

Members
706 posts
9,924 battles

Boy this is exciting!  I hope replays will be installed in the future, that would be awesome!  Although I wonder where the insignias would be placed on the ship.

Sign in to follow this