Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BasqueJacque

A General Note About Games vs. Life

86 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

18
[USNR]
[USNR]
Members
10 posts
3,654 battles

Ladies and Gentlemen,

This has been said herein before and much better, but needs saying again. As preface: I really enjoy playing with 99.999% of you and it's FUN! I am an older (over 60) semi-retired American veteran. I do this for fun. It's a GAME. i.e. for relaxing within; and  engaging with other people. :cap_hmm:

Now I confess I am pretty bad at this game. For those who are familiar with my play...I apologize! I stink. If I ever caused you a loss, or a 0.01% win/loss drop: again....sorry. Seriously, I am trying to learn and get better....but "it's a game". :cap_popcorn:

For those of you who think buying premiums is heresy...sorry. Some of us have horribly earned disposable income and choose to waste some of it on imaginary items in cyber-space. Sink us quickly and we'll go-away until next game.  In my case...that takes about 3 minutes...tops! :cap_wander:

Alas...for those serious hard-[edited]over 80% win-rate-ers who get furious and use language that somehow is supposed to impress me that you are rough and tough  when I screw up...let me give you one little real-world stat that I know ALL THE VETERANS ON HERE WILL BACK ME UP ON.....back in the day, the real-day, when the bullets were lead and the ships steel and men bled....(which they are still doing BTW)...the ONLY ones who got to post their stats at the end...were the ones who didn't play, and the ones who won 100% of the time. There were/are no reboots; no magic medkits; no healzones; no 2nd lives!!!!  You went out either 0-1 or 1-0 period.

So little boys and girls playing this very, very addicting and fun game....when I am in your ocean and I get in your way (and I will) and I accidentally cost you a kill (and I will) or I ram you as you aim, or  put 3 fish in your DD (sorry) and do other very stupid things...please forgive me and go ahead and curse me (cause I KNOW you will!!). But remember this: I don't care! Because the ONLY stat in my life I seriously ever cared about is that ONE I came home with that says in real life when I took off that real uniform....my win/loss rate was 100%!! :cap_cool:

Thank you....The Basque!

 

  • Cool 13
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,541
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles

Don't let the trolls get to you.  Just put them on mute.  Just listen when *I* tell you to cap and you'll be golden.  LOL

Thank you for your service!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,637
[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,442 battles

Sml5CCn.gif

game is game... life is life....
WOT is not needed to distinguish , really

, and RED TEXT is for MODS.... 

Edited by pmgaudio
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
555
[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,393 battles

Don't let them get to you. Some people don't have real lives, kids, wives, house, jobs, griping girlfriends, bosses etc. This game is all they know. I love this game also but it's a release, not my life.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
264
[5IN]
Members
1,791 posts
8,133 battles

Well put OP....

BTW, Cursive writing is an abomination and I, for one, am glad it is a disappearing form of writing.

 

B

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,585 posts
4,261 battles
6 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Don't let them get to you. Some people don't have real lives, kids, wives, house, jobs, griping girlfriends, bosses etc. This game is all they know. I love this game also but it's a release, not my life.

1d50296002c375fb1361248d40abc36a.jpg?h=3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,585 posts
4,261 battles
1 minute ago, bassmasta76 said:

Well put OP....

BTW, Cursive writing is an abomination and I, for one, am glad it is a disappearing form of writing.

 

B

My grandmother (rest her soul) was a writing teacher way, way, back. She tried to get me to write cursive.

 

THANK GOD FOR COMPUTERS. I mean, SCIENCE! THANK SCIENCE!. Seriously, cursive needs to be removed, its hard to learn, hard to read - and each person's cursive is just different enough that you have to learn a new language to understand what they wrote. Rare exceptions aside. I don't miss cursive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,585 posts
4,261 battles
Just now, Ghostdog1355 said:

Only when the wife is out of town!!!

I for one, look forward to the day when my wife tells me what to eat, wear, how to sleep, how to pee, and how to use my leisure time.  /s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
264
[5IN]
Members
1,791 posts
8,133 battles
Just now, aether_tech said:

My grandmother (rest her soul) was a writing teacher way, way, back. She tried to get me to write cursive.

 

THANK GOD FOR COMPUTERS. I mean, SCIENCE! THANK SCIENCE!. Seriously, cursive needs to be removed, its hard to learn, hard to read - and each person's cursive is just different enough that you have to learn a new language to understand what they wrote. Rare exceptions aside. I don't miss cursive.

In my personal case, I'm left-handed, so cursive, or any form of writing is a pain in the [edited].  Typing is so much easier and faster, let alone clean and neat.

 

B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
555
[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,393 battles
1 minute ago, aether_tech said:

I for one, look forward to the day when my wife tells me what to eat, wear, how to sleep, how to pee, and how to use my leisure time.  /s

Mine already tries that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,585 posts
4,261 battles
Just now, bassmasta76 said:

In my personal case, I'm left-handed, so cursive, or any form of writing is a pain in the [edited]. Typing is so much easier and faster, let alone clean and neat.

 

B

Yea! As a right-handed, I can still say writing is a pain in the [edited]. Hand cramps being the big issue, and how slow writing feels against my normal typing speed.

Clear and clean writing is still important. cursive - not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,585 posts
4,261 battles
Just now, Ghostdog1355 said:

Mine already tries that.

Everytime a married man speaks up about that sort of thing is another notch on the list of reasons to not get married. A partner is fine, one that'll take my assets if she hates me after 3 year aint.... or one that'll tell me what to do constantly....

 

or one that doesn't enjoy some fun bdsm play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
1,266 posts
13 battles

I learned cursive in grade school and only used it in English class during grade school. By middle school, most teachers wanted things typed up in Microsoft word at that point. Anywho, to the OP, thank you for your service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
555
[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,393 battles
1 hour ago, aether_tech said:

Everytime a married man speaks up about that sort of thing is another notch on the list of reasons to not get married. A partner is fine, one that'll take my assets if she hates me after 3 year aint.... or one that'll tell me what to do constantly....

 

or one that doesn't enjoy some fun bdsm play.

Well you can always buy a blowup doll!

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

cursive is fine if you write cleanly.  most kids never get enough practice  in hand written, so it looks horrid.        I  learned to draft the old fashioned way, so neat writing was a must.   Computer makes us lazy though . 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,206
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles
1 hour ago, aether_tech said:

Please, for the love of god - just use the standard font and text colors....

That isn't really a problem but he might be too close to the WG only red.

16 minutes ago, centarina said:

cursive is fine if you write cleanly.  most kids never get enough practice  in hand written, so it looks horrid.        I  learned to draft the old fashioned way, so neat writing was a must.   Computer makes us lazy though . 

Yeah it does and my hand writing has degraded to the point that I can hear Sister Mary Rock honing the edge of her ruler every time I take pen to paper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
96
[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles

@bassmasta76 and @aether_tech

I agree, I also happen to hate cursive writing.

but... um.. All OP did was... make it slant(Italics). That is a characteristic of cursive writing but I myself wouldn't call that cursive, It's just "straight" text at a different angle from a 180° parallel to the page.

It's not "curvy" if you catch my drift. Now, I may be wrong and itallics may also be categorized as cursive but I believe it isn't really the most appropriate classification.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,585 posts
4,261 battles
Just now, Silver_kun said:

@bassmasta76 and @aether_tech

I agree, I also happen to hate cursive writing.

but... um.. All OP did was... make it slant(Italics). That is a characteristic of cursive writing but I myself wouldn't call that cursive, It's just "straight" text at a different angle from a 180° parallel to the Page.

It's not "curvy" if you catch my drift. Now, I may be wrong and itallics may also be categorized as cursive but I believe it isn't really the most appropriate classification.

Its not classified as cursive, but it is annoying. and the red text makes it worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
96
[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
Just now, aether_tech said:

Its not classified as cursive, but it is annoying. and the red text makes it worse.

I can agree to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
96
[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
2 minutes ago, aether_tech said:

And now that its black text, its even worse and I don't know how that can possibly be worse than how it was before.

I though It was just my screen glitching out because I couldn't see the edited label.

You are right though,it looked much better earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×