You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TL_Warlord_Roff

Yamamoto collection.. not getting items from containers!

11 comments in this topic

[HEROS]
Members
1,430 posts
12,060 battles

Ok finally finished the Yamamato campaign and opened up the collection.. YAY.. but there's a problem.  I supposed to get a collection item every time I open a container, but so far I've had at least 3 containers opened (one failed super container roll, and 2 consumables containers) where there was no item for the collection.   

Ok, WHAT BROKE?   I'll keep tracking it, but I'm pretty sure this was not what was intended...

TL_Warlord_Roff

p.s.  Yamamoto is all well and cool, but what I really want to do is to complete the collection for the special cammo's and the ability to fly 2 flags... yea awesomeness!

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,247 posts
12,791 battles
8 minutes ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

I supposed to get a collection item every time I open a container

Nope, only about once every three containers give or take.

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,847 posts
13,843 battles

On a good day I would get 3 items from three containers. 

But normally its just one or two. There were some days I didn't get any at all even after collecting all 3 containers in a day. 

[OPEC]
Members
946 posts
5,108 battles

RNG must be present in every element of WG games - it's the secret ingredient.

[PROJX]
Members
976 posts
15,763 battles
31 minutes ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

Ok finally finished the Yamamato campaign and opened up the collection.. YAY.. but there's a problem.  I supposed to get a collection item every time I open a container, but so far I've had at least 3 containers opened (one failed super container roll, and 2 consumables containers) where there was no item for the collection.   

Ok, WHAT BROKE?   I'll keep tracking it, but I'm pretty sure this was not what was intended...

TL_Warlord_Roff

p.s.  Yamamoto is all well and cool, but what I really want to do is to complete the collection for the special cammo's and the ability to fly 2 flags... yea awesomeness!

There is also a button to enable a Yamamoto collection item is the lower right corner of the Yamamoto collection page.  This gives a Yamamoto collection item in your daily containers perhaps 1-2 times per day.  If this is not enabled, no collection items will drop w/ your containers.

[HEROS]
Members
1,430 posts
12,060 battles

Oy!  Put a ticket into CS on this and was regretfully informed that the situation is "working as Intended"

Ok Wargaming, it's critique time.

Dear Devs, and Financial guys...

While I realize that the idea here is to get players to spend money, this one is NOT a good idea.  I've done some checking around and apparently about a 1/3 chance of a collection item from a container is about average.  I so resent the obvious money grab here that there is no damd way I'm going to buy Yamamoto collection crates from the MT store.  I Will Not DO It. Sorry but I'm a 60 year guy and when I say no, I mean NO.  Ask my grand kids.  They will gladly confirm and in detail.

There are several reason why it's not a good idea and feels like.. ya know.. "ok, who's bright idea over in the marketing dept was this?"  Because this one did not come from the developers..it just doesn't feel right.  It's not their style.  Everything previous to this has been a whole lot more generous which leads me to believe that it wasn't their idea.  It's one they got told to do "this Way"    

In all other previous collections the collection item came in constantly.  Those that came in containers tended to come in any type of container you could either win from a mission, the three possible dayly containers, and any container purchased off the MT store.  This one is different.. and not a little bit different, but way different.  Skin flint chincy shut up and give me give me your money noob differnt.  Insultingly different.   The Camapign was difficult and lengthy, and other then the Admiral hisself not terribly rewarding for someone who had to do it in tier 8 ships which ment repeating most of the tasks that I could do at each step.  The campaign it's self was a pretty serious grind.  The collection didn't unlock until after you had completed the campaign (unless of course you had purchased a collecting container in which case you could have started the collection right away...This was NOT obvious, and I can't ever recall if it was ever actually stated.  I could go try and check but I'm not feeling generous over this mainly because its a bit a slap in the face after the rather difficult job of the campaign.   I have been assured that the campaign and collecting are "permanent.  I do not believe that, because permanent is a word we've heard before and seen permanent eventually become not permanent.

The other part of his is, getting Admiral Yamamoto, that gave me a sense of accomplishment as it was NOT and easy campaign especially with only my tier 8's to do it with.  But making the actual collection this difficult is just mean.  1 item per day maybe.  I've all ready I'm pretty sure had a 3 container day where I got no collection items.  About the only thing that could make this worse would be a pop up message telling me I can go by collection item in the online store

Now I'll be the first to admit I don't spend a lot of money on the game but I do spend some.  What I can spare.  Check back with me in 4 1/2 years when I can get at my retirement and SS funds and I'll spend more, until then spare cash is in short supply.

Please change this soon.  Likely there are other players starting to finish up the campaign about now and start on the collection.  I really don't think it's a good idea to leave your customers feeling like your making a blatant grab for their wallets.  Come on guys, your better then this.. leave this sort of crap to EA, Atari, Activision and PWI. 

Cordially,

TL "Warlord" Roff .

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,050 posts
On 12/21/2017 at 9:40 AM, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

Oy!  Put a ticket into CS on this and was regretfully informed that the situation is "working as Intended"

Ok Wargaming, it's critique time.

Dear Devs, and Financial guys...

While I realize that the idea here is to get players to spend money, this one is NOT a good idea.  I've done some checking around and apparently about a 1/3 chance of a collection item from a container is about average.  I so resent the obvious money grab here that there is no damd way I'm going to buy Yamamoto collection crates from the MT store.  I Will Not DO It. Sorry but I'm a 60 year guy and when I say no, I mean NO.  Ask my grand kids.  They will gladly confirm and in detail.

There are several reason why it's not a good idea and feels like.. ya know.. "ok, who's bright idea over in the marketing dept was this?"  Because this one did not come from the developers..it just doesn't feel right.  It's not their style.  Everything previous to this has been a whole lot more generous which leads me to believe that it wasn't their idea.  It's one they got told to do "this Way"    

In all other previous collections the collection item came in constantly.  Those that came in containers tended to come in any type of container you could either win from a mission, the three possible dayly containers, and any container purchased off the MT store.  This one is different.. and not a little bit different, but way different.  Skin flint chincy shut up and give me give me your money noob differnt.  Insultingly different.   The Camapign was difficult and lengthy, and other then the Admiral hisself not terribly rewarding for someone who had to do it in tier 8 ships which ment repeating most of the tasks that I could do at each step.  The campaign it's self was a pretty serious grind.  The collection didn't unlock until after you had completed the campaign (unless of course you had purchased a collecting container in which case you could have started the collection right away...This was NOT obvious, and I can't ever recall if it was ever actually stated.  I could go try and check but I'm not feeling generous over this mainly because its a bit a slap in the face after the rather difficult job of the campaign.   I have been assured that the campaign and collecting are "permanent.  I do not believe that, because permanent is a word we've heard before and seen permanent eventually become not permanent.

The other part of his is, getting Admiral Yamamoto, that gave me a sense of accomplishment as it was NOT and easy campaign especially with only my tier 8's to do it with.  But making the actual collection this difficult is just mean.  1 item per day maybe.  I've all ready I'm pretty sure had a 3 container day where I got no collection items.  About the only thing that could make this worse would be a pop up message telling me I can go by collection item in the online store

Now I'll be the first to admit I don't spend a lot of money on the game but I do spend some.  What I can spare.  Check back with me in 4 1/2 years when I can get at my retirement and SS funds and I'll spend more, until then spare cash is in short supply.

Please change this soon.  Likely there are other players starting to finish up the campaign about now and start on the collection.  I really don't think it's a good idea to leave your customers feeling like your making a blatant grab for their wallets.  Come on guys, your better then this.. leave this sort of crap to EA, Atari, Activision and PWI. 

Cordially,

TL "Warlord" Roff .

:cap_wander_2: