You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BasqueJacque

Tech Tree Incomplete

9 comments in this topic

[USNR]
[USNR]
Members
10 posts
3,654 battles

This has sort of been discussed in the forum, but not precisely...and I suppose I have to find this: "Tech Tree Extended Mod" somewhere. But, can someone simply explain to me why some of my premiums show up in my tech tree for a while and then for a while they are gone? I still have the ships, they just don't show in the tech tree. It doesn't seem to correlate between whether the ship is currently for sale or not either.

It's no big as long as my ships don't disappear (aka Eldrige) which BTW would be a great ship for next Halloween, It disappears you know. :-)

Thanks.

Basque

[YAN]
Members
1,640 posts
7,466 battles

Every so often, Wargaming decides to shuffle around what premiums are available and not.

For example Atlanta used to be on the tech tree and store, but got switched for Indianapolis.

Sometimes ships are also considered overpowered and removed from the tech tree and sale permanently, such as Kutusov and Belfast.

I believe this is what your referring to.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,769 battles
10 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Every so often, Wargaming decides to shuffle around what premiums are available and not.

For example Atlanta used to be on the tech tree and store, but got switched for Indianapolis.

Sometimes ships are also considered overpowered and removed from the tech tree and sale permanently, such as Kutusov and Belfast.

I believe this is what your referring to.

^^^ This. You have to understand there are permanent shop Premiums and then there are rotational premiums. The shop permanent will show in your tech tree the rotational one's won't.

Beta Testers
1,480 posts
8,949 battles
32 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

^^^ This. You have to understand there are permanent shop Premiums and then there are rotational premiums. The shop permanent will show in your tech tree the rotational one's won't.

Not entirely accurate.  First, all ships in the Premium shop are subject to being rotated in and out.  There are some that may be there long enough to be thought of as permanent, but they can be swapped out as well.

More importantly, premium ships show up in the Tech Tree when you can purchase them through the tech tree.  It is not based on whether they are "permanent" or "rotational" in the Premium shop.  For instance, the Atlanta was in the Tech Tree from the start of the game until not all that long ago.  This is different than the Missouri and the Nelson, which are "purchased" for Free XP.  We are talking here about purchases made with doubloons directly from the Tech Tree.  It is also not tied to whether they are in the shop or whether they are "permanent" or rotational.  The Atlanta, for instance, would occasionally show up in specials, but most of the time, it was only available for doubloons from the Tech Tree.  That is, you could not just pay cash directly for it in the shop except on rare occasions where it showed up in the shop as well.

A while back, they removed the Atlanta from the Tech Tree and put another in its place.  They can be rotated in and out of the Tech tree, and it has nothing to do with whether or not they are "permanent" or "rotational" in the Premium shop.

• Cool 1

[USNR]
[USNR]
Members
10 posts
3,654 battles
15 hours ago, Sotaudi said:

Not entirely accurate.  First, all ships in the Premium shop are subject to being rotated in and out.  There are some that may be there long enough to be thought of as permanent, but they can be swapped out as well.

More importantly, premium ships show up in the Tech Tree when you can purchase them through the tech tree.  It is not based on whether they are "permanent" or "rotational" in the Premium shop.  For instance, the Atlanta was in the Tech Tree from the start of the game until not all that long ago.  This is different than the Missouri and the Nelson, which are "purchased" for Free XP.  We are talking here about purchases made with doubloons directly from the Tech Tree.  It is also not tied to whether they are in the shop or whether they are "permanent" or rotational.  The Atlanta, for instance, would occasionally show up in specials, but most of the time, it was only available for doubloons from the Tech Tree.  That is, you could not just pay cash directly for it in the shop except on rare occasions where it showed up in the shop as well.

A while back, they removed the Atlanta from the Tech Tree and put another in its place.  They can be rotated in and out of the Tech tree, and it has nothing to do with whether or not they are "permanent" or "rotational" in the Premium shop.

Most excellent answer! That makes perfect sense with the facts at hand. Thank you and smooth sailing.