Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

Id like to get my Win rate back up to at least 50 percent

87 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

  Some games for me well needless to say don't go that well.  But more than 90 percent of the games I see to play through out the day usually turn into a loss.  So I would assume that it would be extremely dificult to get back up to at least an average game play.  So I roughly have figured out that, if I play three or four games a day.  I can generally keep a steady daily win rate of about 50 percent.  Depending on how well those matches go.  I think I am going to experiment with this over the next couple of days and actually see if the rating starts to improve.

 I know it will take multiples of battles to bring my win rate back up to at least a 50 percent rating.  So this will take some time.  I also have been trying to stay alive longer but some games well yea you just can't.  Some games you can't just win I'm finding either.  Players doing what they want and just throwing away the game seriously causes an impact on a players rating.  Its some what disheartening when I see this happen.  Due to the fact that I know I'm trying to actually become a better player, rather than one of those statistics that just is in a run of bad luck and can't get out of it.

  So I think I will experiment with playing 3 or 4 games a day just to see if I can't at least keep a 50 percent daily win ratio.  That way I can work on my other games that I do play with Wargaming.  If this works who knows.  But it's worth a shot.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,201 posts
8,185 battles

You are only 1/12 of a team, so your actions obviously can't change the outcome of all of your games.  Just accept that about 30% or so of your games will be nearly unavoidable losses, and about 30% of them will also be nearly locked in wins. 

 

Your contribution to the other 40% of games is what matters, and the outcome of those more competitive games is determined in the second half.  This is why staying alive as long as possible is hugely important.  Games are won or lost all the time by the last half dozen or so ships afloat, so if you want to influence who wins, you need to be one of those guys.  One of the best ways to improve your win rate is to focus on getting your survival rate up without significantly lowering your average damage.  You need to still be aggressive and attack the enemy, but be more considerate of your positioning and aware of how much return fire you might take for a given offensive action.  Doing this will cause your win rate to climb.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
1 minute ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

In short you are going to Stat Pad for a while. Good Luck!

Pretty much yes, at this point I've got no choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
Just now, HyenaHiena said:

P.l.a.y i.n d.i.v.i.s.i.o.n

 I tend not to play divisions.  I prefer solo game play.  Divisions yea they can get annoying in some cases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
426
[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,210 battles
Just now, 0crazy8s0 said:

 I tend not to play divisions.  I prefer solo game play.  Divisions yea they can get annoying in some cases.

> solo game play

> in a team game

That's why you gonna keep your WR low~

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
471
[R-F]
Members
754 posts
6,378 battles

If you want to goose your stats, pay attention to what ships you're doing well in and focus on those.  For example you have hundreds of battles in FdG, Bismark, and North Carolina but those are statistically some of your worst ships.  On the other hand you're doing much better in Scharnhorst, Iowa, and Tirpitz, so play them.

Be aware though that with over 5,000 battles in the books, your overall stats are going to change veeeeeery slowly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
1 minute ago, HyenaHiena said:

> solo game play

> in a team game

That's why you gonna keep your WR low~

I am completely fine by having a 50 percent win rate. Or getting up to a 50 percent win rate.  I'm not one of those guys who takes stats literally so that's why I'm not concerned with having an extremely high win rate.  Average is just fine for me.  So if I can work to get my win rate back up to 50 percent.  Then I will be happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
426
[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,210 battles
1 minute ago, 0crazy8s0 said:

I am completely fine by having a 50 percent win rate. Or getting up to a 50 percent win rate.  I'm not one of those guys who takes stats literally so that's why I'm not concerned with having an extremely high win rate.  Average is just fine for me.  So if I can work to get my win rate back up to 50 percent.  Then I will be happy.

you have 5k+ battles, and keep playing "solo", well, its up to you, you dont gonna get even a 50% WR like that.

But if you have fun doing that, go ahead. But if you not care that much for stats why make this thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
439
[YAN]
Members
1,640 posts
7,467 battles

I found the best way to improve my stats was trying to do things that help win games.

Ironically I found setting myself a target of 100k damage a game did probably the most for my stats and gameplay, probably from a subtle change of mentality in battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
439
[YAN]
Members
1,640 posts
7,467 battles
2 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

you have 5k+ battles, and keep playing "solo", well, its up to you, you dont gonna get even a 50% WR like that.

You can easily get a 50% winrate outside of divisions without being a unicum to do it.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
2 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

You can easily get a 50% winrate outside of divisions without being a unicum to do it.

I'm not trying to be unicom lol just average.  I'm fine with that.  If someone wants to try and bash my stats for trying to be an average player well then they have some serious issues lol.  But I usually try to shoot for 100K in damage but I don't always get that in a game.  Sometimes if I get 80 in damage a game I'm happy with that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
392
Members
2,381 posts
7,683 battles

The fact that this game has 12 players team is both good and bad. Good because one or two players wont f**k the team, if they are AFK, det, troll you can still win the battle without many issues. The bad side is that it also makes harder for a single player to carry the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
327
[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,143 posts
6,487 battles

Find some ships you do well in, everybody has better and worse ships and they might not be the ships that everybody else says are the best.  Then focus on them, first because you already do better in them, but secondly because if you play the same ships regularly and you pay attention then you should learn how to play them even better.

Beyond that, playing with other players and communicating with your team in general make a huge difference.  Even the best players in the game struggle to win when they don't have any support.  Don't throw your ship away, play smart and stay engaged in the match.  You don't want to die early or you can't influence the game, but you also don't want to play so passively that you can basically be ignored by the other team.

The rest is just practice, or far to specific too help with on the forums.

Edited by K538
to =/= too
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
102
[POP]
Beta Testers
289 posts
10,498 battles

Try this

Rig out your Omaha with your best capt. Set it up to be a fire breather that can run like a race horse. Stick NEAR the BB's or even behind them. Priority is fire on BB's if you can reach them and when they burn, move to next 1, while steaming in circles at full power. If you cant reach bb's, go for cruisers. If a DD is silly enough to get within 8 KM of you, blast him while turning,,as your guns go all around the ship. you can fire 4 ever while turning, over mountains, fellow shipmates, and just kite away,,,, on the breeze. The object is to 

#1 Stay alive

#2 Always move, in circles or kiting. Sit behind an island when a DD has the enemy spotted in the distance as you can fling mad shells in a high arch and rain pain. Haul [edited]as soon as you get spotted. You armor is like a Budweiser can. You are the chariot soldier from Egypts past.

#3 HE is your friend, so fling fire at everything. 

Follow that recipe,stay alive to get over 50K damage a match, your W/R will go up. May the force be with you

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,581
[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts

You and I were in a match together the other day. I was in the Kidd and iirc you were in the Derpitz or Shinnyhorse. From what I saw (we lost that match despite me getting Kraken + HC + CF),  you spent the whole game running south and [edited] no one came and smoked for you. A tip: if you want to play BB's and win, and insist on playing to two most overrated BB's in the game, remember, they are brawlers not snipers. And play your roll: BB's tank and deliver high alpha (be it sniping for USN/IJN or brawling/semi-brawling KM/RN), CA's kite and goad enemy into shooting them and wasting salvos/act as a base of fire (literally, in some cases), and DD's should have two priorities, 1 done after the other: 1) Hunt enemy DD's until they are all dead, and 2) when all enemy DD's are dead, annoying enemy CA's/BB's, not with the goal of killing (although obviously kill if you can) but with the goal to annoy them just enough to distract them from zeroing in on slower, less maneuverable teammates. If you don't have a potential damage score in a DD of ~1mil per match at T8+, you are not carrying your weight.

But running or hiding does not win matches. And focusing on survival never works and *always* ends with you blown up anyway. Like you ran the entire match and sank anyway so what was the point? You could have charged in, maybe killed 1, and ended up the same way as you did with running. You can focus on surviving OR winning, not both. You may survive a win, but survival should not come at the expense of winning.

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
181
[CAST]
Members
1,201 posts
7,372 battles

You can change your win rate.  If you increase your win rate to 52% for the next 5000 games, your average will become 50%.  If you increase your win rate to 54% for the next 2500 games, your average win rate will increase to 50%.  If you increase your win rate to 56% for the next 1670 games, your average win rate will increase to 50%.  So, it is doable.  The higher your average is going forward, the bigger the impact it has on your overall average in a shorter number of games.

Now comes the hard part.  How do you plan on doing that?  It really isn't as difficult as it seems.  Take a small chunk of games, say 20.  For an average win ratio of 50%, that's 10 wins and 10 losses.  If just one of those losses becomes a win, then you have just increased your wins from 10 to 11 and the percentage for that 20 game chunk from a 50% win rate to a 55% win rate.  Its that simple.  Stay alive and contribute so that you win 1 more game that you would have lost in every 20 and it will make a big difference in your average win ratio. 

The next thing you need to do, is find the ship and playing style that allows you to affect games.  Now, go out and git er done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,458 posts
12,315 battles

Good luck.  There is a large chunk of randomness that impacts your results, especially as a solo player.  If you are not going to division, and you want to maximize your impact to a game, play impactful ships (Belfast, Arizona, Kami clones, KA, Knab, etc) for their tiers, stay away from tiers that get uptiered a lot (tier 8 and 5), if in doubt bring a tier 10 ship.  Focus on one type of ships that you excel in ( if you are great in IJN DDs, play these ships for awhile).  Just remember that there are going to be days where you always seem to draw the short end of the team straw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
973
Members
4,547 posts
6,456 battles
30 minutes ago, 0crazy8s0 said:

  Some games for me well needless to say don't go that well.  But more than 90 percent of the games I see to play through out the day usually turn into a loss.  So I would assume that it would be extremely dificult to get back up to at least an average game play.  So I roughly have figured out that, if I play three or four games a day.  I can generally keep a steady daily win rate of about 50 percent.  Depending on how well those matches go.  I think I am going to experiment with this over the next couple of days and actually see if the rating starts to improve.

 I know it will take multiples of battles to bring my win rate back up to at least a 50 percent rating.  So this will take some time.  I also have been trying to stay alive longer but some games well yea you just can't.  Some games you can't just win I'm finding either.  Players doing what they want and just throwing away the game seriously causes an impact on a players rating.  Its some what disheartening when I see this happen.  Due to the fact that I know I'm trying to actually become a better player, rather than one of those statistics that just is in a run of bad luck and can't get out of it.

  So I think I will experiment with playing 3 or 4 games a day just to see if I can't at least keep a 50 percent daily win ratio.  That way I can work on my other games that I do play with Wargaming.  If this works who knows.  But it's worth a shot.

Sounds a lot like me. I play random in tiers 6 and below. I have FUN in those tiers and that is why I play em. Some players can do very very well playing alone in random. Many struggle. One little tip that is working a bit for me. IF I had not played weekends the past few months I would likely/maybe/who knows.... be at 50% or close or even better.  I am at 48% but that is up from 47% over the past month....played no weekends. Doing the week I do decent enough but when I play weekends my winning tends to get blown out of the water and I lose the gains I made doing the week. I have had good weekends but more bad than good. I am not, like you, obsessional bout stats but sure would like to crack that 50% barrier. Also I suck too often to be honest!  Of course my default card is to blame it on the teams I get. That way ya don't have to look at yourself in an honest objective way...heh. If I only played my St Louis (54% win rate) I would be doing better but that get's boring. Carry on and good luck. :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
10 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

You and I were in a match together the other day. I was in the Kidd and iirc you were in the Derpitz or Shinnyhorse. From what I saw (we lost that match despite me getting Kraken + HC + CF),  you spent the whole game running south and [edited] no one came and smoked for you. A tip: if you want to play BB's and win, and insist on playing to two most overrated BB's in the game, remember, they are brawlers not snipers. And play your roll: BB's tank and deliver high alpha (be it sniping for USN/IJN or brawling/semi-brawling KM/RN), CA's kite and goad enemy into shooting them and wasting salvos/act as a base of fire (literally, in some cases), and DD's should have two priorities, 1 done after the other: 1) Hunt enemy DD's until they are all dead, and 2) when all enemy DD's are dead, annoying enemy CA's/BB's, not with the goal of killing (although obviously kill if you can) but with the goal to annoy them just enough to distract them from zeroing in on slower, less maneuverable teammates. If you don't have a potential damage score in a DD of ~1mil per match at T8+, you are not carrying your weight.

But running or hiding does not win matches. And focusing on survival never works and *always* ends with you blown up anyway. Like you ran the entire match and sank anyway so what was the point? You could have charged in, maybe killed 1, and ended up the same way as you did with running. You can focus on surviving OR winning, not both. You may survive a win, but survival should not come at the expense of winning.

You just earned yourself a report.  Frankly I will not TOLERATE you coming on to my threads and continue to trash me every single time.  I wont put up with it.  You are also blocked.  

  • Bad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
763
[MIA-A]
Members
2,102 posts
6,742 battles
Just now, 0crazy8s0 said:

You just earned yourself a report.  Frankly I will not TOLERATE you coming on to my threads and continue to trash me every single time.  I wont put up with it.  You are also blocked.  

 

If you insist on ignoring any advice, you will be lucky to get to a 50% winrate.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
Just now, enderland07 said:

 

If you insist on ignoring any advice, you will be lucky to get to a 50% winrate.

  First off if he wants to give me advice great.  But if he wants to trash me while trying to give advice.  Wrong answer.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,581
[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts
2 minutes ago, 0crazy8s0 said:

You just earned yourself a report.  Frankly I will not TOLERATE you coming on to my threads and continue to trash me every single time.  I wont put up with it.  You are also blocked.  

You asked the question, you don't like the answer, that's your problem. You ask, "How do I win more." And I told you, it's because, from first hand knowledge, I saw you spend an entire match bemoan what others could do for you (instead of what you could do for others) and run the entire match. If you don't like the truth don't ask the question. Or is this the coddling answer you wanted: You're doing NOTHING wrong. It's EVERYONE else that's the problem.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×