You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Speed Flags

10 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
2,316 posts
9,901 battles

I read ship write-ups and watch videos and most seem to suggest how great it is to throw a speed flag onto ship X for that little extra. I personally don't have enough speed flags to throw one onto every ship I take out. Maybe dress it up for special occasions, like a clan battle or impress your division mates, but most ships won't get one on a regular basis. I was wondering what ships players thought really required them. For my IJN DDs, its nice to have one on the Fujin but the Shiratsuyu and Akiziki pretty much require them.

Not much use putting one on a Texas but does even a Kongo get much of a benefit from going a knot or so faster. More speed is always better but what ships does it help the most? Does a Khab really need it?

Members
1,641 posts
7,482 battles

I reserve my speedflags purely for my Missouri and Iowa, because I find that they benefit the most from these flags and they are too limited to use on other ships.

Arguably, as its a percent increase the ships with the most base speed benefit the most, so Khabas and Henris.

[PVE]
Members
5,720 posts
18,273 battles

I use them on the Graf Spee and the Okhotnik every game. Really helps those two ships IMHO. I tend to use them on the Tirpitz as well since I use full  signals on her to grind the first win bonus only since her camo gives a big boost to free xp. 

[CVA16]
Members
2,316 posts
9,901 battles
26 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

I reserve my speedflags purely for my Missouri and Iowa, because I find that they benefit the most from these flag

Just wondering why are these ships greatly improved by going a couple of knots faster? Chasing down Akizukis? I assumed most responses would be for CAs or DDs. Interesting.

Members
1,641 posts
7,482 battles
6 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Just wondering why are these ships greatly improved by going a couple of knots faster? Chasing down Akizukis? I assumed most responses would be for CAs or DDs. Interesting.

Mostly because I used to just play purely the two and very much relish the speed the Iowas have as a battleship at that tier, being essentially 3knots faster than any other near her tier.

[RKLES]
Members
7,243 posts
9,040 battles

I like using them on ships I feel can really benefit from that increased percentage boost to speed like Gneisenau or Scharnhorst would be good with them.

I do try to save the bulk of those kind of flags for Ranked battles though since you need every advantage you can get in those battles.

[PVE]
Members
9,971 posts
7,492 battles
7 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I use them on the Graf Spee and the Okhotnik every game. Really helps those two ships IMHO. I tend to use them on the Tirpitz as well since I use full  signals on her to grind the first win bonus only since her camo gives a big boost to free xp. 

I mainly use the speed flags on the Graf Spee. I will put them on US BBs in PvP, but not in PvE. I don't use anything in PvE except the cheapest concealment camo, mainly because I like the look. I save the good camos and flags for my trips into PvP.

[5IN]
Members
1,793 posts
8,159 battles
11 minutes ago, SolitaryStalker said:

I mostly use them on all destroyers unless running low  but mainly on my Khab  because speed kills

Ninja'd.  Was gonna say the same thing.  

B

Members
3,828 posts
14,189 battles

I use my speed flags mostly on Hindenberg since she's the slowest tier 10 Cruiser. Brings her speed up to 33.1 kts which is good.

7 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I do try to save the bulk of those kind of flags for Ranked battles though since you need every advantage you can get in those battles.

Same here. Whenever the next ranked season ever comes around.