Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

So that's sometimes the reason why you don't win

14 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,895 battles

Just out of a mage where we had 2 caps, 300 more points and were 2 ships ahead. But some of the players were usuall idiots that snipe from the border etc. etc. Then there was one Amagi that just didn't hit low HP ships. Reason: He don't care about winning, he just want to farm damage. Cost us the game since he didn't even finish the enemies DD of that had 100 points left. Would have been a win since they wouldn't get the cap and they would have lost the points. Same with a CL and a BB that were around 1k-5k. They could fire back and sunk our ships because he don't want to waste a salvo.

Sorry needed to let some steam off.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles

MISSIONS...

They are doing missions.

Like the guy who needed to defend the cap 10 times in one game. 

Ended up farming out a standard cap half the game.  Always left it at 75% to keep their interest.

Apparently got 11 right before sunk by the enemy DD.  We lost a few seconds later.

Bragged about it in chat.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles

I must admit I've done the same.

Mission:  Be the first to spot two enemy vessels.   -- YOLO into cap with Indianapolis.  Get detected.  Hit Radar...  DONE

Mission:  Get two caps -- Play the Kidd to take two caps.  Don't smoke for friendlies or do any spotting.  Just GET THAT SECOND CAP !!!!   Whew!  done...  as the smoke wears off and I get deleted.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
7,736 battles
29 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

I'm not understanding that player.  Farm damage but not sink enemy ships?  

I like farming damage but I also like farming kills if I can :Smile_honoring:

Members
4,172 posts
31 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

MISSIONS...

They are doing missions.

Like the guy who needed to defend the cap 10 times in one game. 

Ended up farming out a standard cap half the game.  Always left it at 75% to keep their interest.

Apparently got 11 right before sunk by the enemy DD.  We lost a few seconds later.

Bragged about it in chat.

I've found the more I play to complete a mission, the less likely I am to complete it.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,839 posts
10,605 battles
56 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Just out of a mage where we had 2 caps, 300 more points and were 2 ships ahead. But some of the players were usuall idiots that snipe from the border etc. etc. Then there was one Amagi that just didn't hit low HP ships. Reason: He don't care about winning, he just want to farm damage. Cost us the game since he didn't even finish the enemies DD of that had 100 points left. Would have been a win since they wouldn't get the cap and they would have lost the points. Same with a CL and a BB that were around 1k-5k. They could fire back and sunk our ships because he don't want to waste a salvo.

They are even in Co-op. Had a game yesterday where we were down on points big (900+ to our 700) with most everyone dead. I was dead but stuck around to watch and try and offer any help, and of course encouragement, I could. I was asking in chat for our QE to keep going on into the C cap that is RIGHT IN FRONT of him (her?) while our Monarch took B after the last enemy ship except CV was killed. NOOOO! The stupid QE guy turns around, runs down the island, and then into the back of B because the enemy CV was out behind it.

The Monarch guy, myself, and our CV started begging him to cap as he was the only one who could get there in time but he somehow thought a QE could do a 180, cover 20km, and sink a CV in 2 minutes. All he (she?) had to do was keep going straight, about 2km into C, which would have stopped their points completely as our Monarch had B, and cap and we win. We lost as our Monarch was about 1km away from getting into C after he got B.

You just can't learn that kind of stupid. You have to be born with it. 

• Angry 1

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles

I have said it before, they want to make a team based game and then they make missions and campaigns that make you play poorly or just not right, to accomplish.  It's like they don't even think about the game, when they come up with these missions. Which is another reason that stats are a bunch of malarkey. Malarkey wasn't my first word choice here, but it's a better word than Edited.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[WOLF4]
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles
1 hour ago, Erebthoron said:

This has always been a thing. 

In WoT, especially in tank destroyers with slow reloads and high potential damage, which target are you going to aim at? The 10 HP tank or the full health tank? Honestly, except in extreme end game situations, it's not necessarily the wrong decision. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,839 posts
10,605 battles
2 minutes ago, DingBat said:

This has always been a thing. 

In WoT, especially in tank destroyers with slow reloads and high potential damage, which target are you going to aim at? The 10 HP tank or the full health tank? Honestly, except in extreme end game situations, it's not necessarily the wrong decision. 

The 10HP ship however can still shoot and could take you out. The only safe enemy is a dead one. 

[WOLF4]
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

The 10HP ship however can still shoot and could take you out. The only safe enemy is a dead one. 

If you're in the FV-215b with a potentially unlimited damage output, it's not nearly that clear cut to some people. Personally, I'd take the kill, but I understand the reasoning of those who don't (even if I don't agree with them), having played with them in WoT. 

There are also those players who care less about win rate than they do WTR. At the super-unicum level, a high win rate is easier to maintain than a high wtr. Not condoning it, just explaining it. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,839 posts
10,605 battles
Just now, DingBat said:

If you're in the FV-215b with a potentially unlimited damage output, it's not nearly that clear cut to some people. Personally, I'd take the kill, but I understand the reasoning of those who don't (even if I don't agree with them), having played with them in WoT. 

There are also those players who care less about win rate than they do WTR. At the super-unicum level, a high win rate is easier to maintain than a high wtr. Not condoning it, just explaining it. 

:Smile_honoring:

Members
323 posts

I did the mission for 750 ribbons...did everything I could for extra ribbons, like take my Bismarck into secondary range and let the ribbons pile up before focused fired on and killed. Winning is secondary to missions for me. 

Sign in to follow this