Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SansPeur

2,867 Games and First Solo Warrior

14 comments in this topic

[-HON-]
Beta Testers
380 posts
9,645 battles

Take the stock Fiji out for game nine and hope I will get my second win in it.  

Team starts well, fights and holds two caps in the east and positioned well to defend our 200ish point gain.  Then the potato happens.

The Nurnberg gets wiped out with a handful of cits.  The Scharn is chasing a BB two maps south.  The Tirps (who has been playing sniper all game) stops behind an island, while spotted and gets wrecked by the NM. 

And then there is just me vs five red and over 4 minutes on the clock.

My blind fired torps kill the Tirps trying to cap the middle cap - very salty language in chat.  We have two caps to one and still up in points.  

The DD caps the east cap and I chase him off while doing some fancy torpedo beats and dodging fire from BBs.  It is now one cap to two, and just under two minutes left.

I act like Brave Sir Robin, mash WAD, pop the last smoke and head for the map edge like a scrub, waiting for the timer turn orange.

shot-17.12.18_10.45.25-0875.jpg

solo1.jpg

• Cool 7

[SPTR]
Members
3,479 posts
5,755 battles

Congratulations! The solo warrior is surely a hard one to come by, achieved through excellent play and determination!

You have my respect. +1

[HINON]
Members
9,059 posts

Nicely done and it sounds like an epic comeback at the same time. I bet that replay would be entertaining to watch.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,254 posts
7,805 battles

I think Solo Warrior is easily that hardest achievement to get so congrats. 

[NO]
Members
360 posts
13,173 battles

Nice!!! I’m at 9768 games and have yet to see a solo warrior for myself and only remember seeing it once for my team

Members
1,459 posts
12,365 battles

Congrats, sometimes you fall into one, sometimes it is truly earned, this sounds like one of the "earned" kind

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

me and buddy in t5 with rest of the team , gave a hiding scharnhorst a solo warrior by giving him a big lead that he can run from.  :cap_haloween:  he came in near the bottom.        

Solo warrior is tough one for unicum that divisions a lot to get.      most likely for  above average player that solo a lot.     

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,436 battles

Congrats, I agree with Kevik. That is probably one of the hardest to get. I have 1 and got it about a year ago in the Texas late in a Saturday night. Probably the best game I've had in 5,000+ games. I was a ship sailing fool! Kinda just sat there for a few moments and stared at the screen. 

Members
3,826 posts
14,189 battles

Congrats! That's a achievement that's long eluded me. A full specced Fiji with a 19 point Captain rocks! I'm sure that you'll continue to do great with Fiji. 

Great!.gif.d6e0ca745276a30ebfc1bd9028c98de6.gif

[WOLF4]
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles
1 hour ago, SansPeur said:

Take the stock Fiji out for game nine and hope I will get my second win in it.  

Team starts well, fights and holds two caps in the east and positioned well to defend our 200ish point gain.  Then the potato happens.

The Nurnberg gets wiped out with a handful of cits.  The Scharn is chasing a BB two maps south.  The Tirps (who has been playing sniper all game) stops behind an island, while spotted and gets wrecked by the NM. 

And then there is just me vs five red and over 4 minutes on the clock.

My blind fired torps kill the Tirps trying to cap the middle cap - very salty language in chat.  We have two caps to one and still up in points.  

The DD caps the east cap and I chase him off while doing some fancy torpedo beats and dodging fire from BBs.  It is now one cap to two, and just under two minutes left.

I act like Brave Sir Robin, mash WAD, pop the last smoke and head for the map edge like a scrub, waiting for the timer turn orange.

Congrats!

I have two with one of those in the Belfast. I think the speed and nimbleness of the Belfast/Fiji make then excellent ships for Solo Warrior situations. In my case, I managed to dodge the fire of 5 enemy ships for 2 solid minutes until I managed to get behind some islands and break contact. 

Sign in to follow this