Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Saidalphon

So Puerto Rico apparently does not count as North America for use of Prepaid Cards?

7 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
211 posts
4,774 battles

UPDATE: They both just worked all of a sudden. Took about 5-6 tries with each, which is the strangest part.

Thanks for the replies, seems to be something strange that happens with these every once in a while, since I've read other posts with the same experience. If a mod can close off the post now that would be great, thanks in advance.

This is an odd topic when it comes to the general discussion forums but hear me out.

So i decided to purchase two 20$ prepaid World of Warships cards in order to make some in game purchases with dubloons.

Main problem is that for some odd reason the option for buying dubloons with prepaid cards wasn't available for me.

The code isn't redeemable as a "Wargaming" code since the format is apparently not the correct one, it being xxx xxx xxxx. Two three digit numbers and a third four digit number.

From what i managed to dig up these cards are supposed to be used only for the direct purchase of dubloons, main problem is, there is no such option in my premium shop.

So from what i can see for some reason or another Puerto Rico does not count torwards being able to use prepaid cards even though it is a part of the North American server AND part of North America itself. (99% of the time Puerto Rico is just described as North America in forms and such)

I already sent a ticket to support describing the situation and am still awaiting a response, whenever that may happen.

Just a PSA for anyone else who lives in Puerto Rico and any other country that is included in the NA server that may also sell these cards. The option is NOT available to us in the premium shop. (Why sell them here if i technically can't even use them???)

Edited by Saidalphon

Members
18,249 posts
5,219 battles
3 minutes ago, Saidalphon said:

The code isn't redeemable as a "Wargaming" code since the format is apparently not the correct one, it being xxx xxx xxxx. Two three digit numbers and a third four digit number.

Dunno if you tried it anyway, but format doesn't matter AFAIK. It will accept any valid code.

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

Your physical location shouldn't matter. If the card was for the NA shop then it should work regardless of what country you're in. That said, if the card was somehow for the EU shop, no it won't work on the NA shop. Always double check what region cards are for. 

[WOLFB]
Members
211 posts
4,774 battles
12 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

Your physical location shouldn't matter. If the card was for the NA shop then it should work regardless of what country you're in. That said, if the card was somehow for the EU shop, no it won't work on the NA shop. Always double check what region cards are for. 

I've read over the card a few times and yeah it is in fact for the NA shop.

16 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Dunno if you tried it anyway, but format doesn't matter AFAIK. It will accept any valid code.

I put in the code in every single way possible. Be with with the dashes (-), without the dashes, without spaces, with spaces. That's the main reason this is confusing and I've seen the same confusion in other posts as well.

[WOLFB]
Members
211 posts
4,774 battles

Ok...little update

I just tried again after a few times and they both just worked.

I don't get it, it seems to be something that happens on and off from what I've read.

Thanks for the replies and if a mod can close off the post that would be great.

Sign in to follow this