Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Wherever you go I follow - NOT

6 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,827
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

PSA - not all of us enjoy a BB a few hundred yards off our stern, behind our own BB, matching our turns so they always remain behind us. While you might think that's the better solution, from my experience it is not the best. 

The experience today which prompted me to post this indicated the individual thought they were doing the "right thing" - but in reality they were keeping their guns out of service. They were also blocking my routes, forcing me to move where I did not want to move. Therein lies their goal - as far as I can tell. One word.

Meatshield. 

I will not be a meatshield for another battleship. Cruiser, maybe, depends on the situation. DD? Sure as long as they move out after the rounds splash. But a BB - full strength? No. 

tiafyc

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,172 posts
7 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

They were also blocking my routes, forcing me to move where I did not want to move.

Its not just other BBs which do this.  I usually have this happen to me in my BB with allied CAs and they are usually a few hundred yards off my port or starboard side.  They stay so close they block any maneuvers I might do to not only bring all my guns to action but to avoid long range fire.

I've gotten when I see this, I stop dead and wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
335
[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,963 battles

Eh, for a CA driver,  dd's are the offenders for me.  Especially on approach to a cap. They seem to want to hug me and they'd  rather I get spotted rather than them. I normally just veer off in another direction or stop when that happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,827
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
3 hours ago, Wowzery said:

Its not just other BBs which do this.  I usually have this happen to me in my BB with allied CAs and they are usually a few hundred yards off my port or starboard side.  They stay so close they block any maneuvers I might do to not only bring all my guns to action but to avoid long range fire.

I've gotten when I see this, I stop dead and wait.

 

I'm not sure where folks got the idea this is a good strategy.  Throwing rounds downrange, focusing all on the same target, great idea. But what this person was doing, no. In fact, at the beginning of the game, they announced their intention to follow me wherever I led. I told them a number of times to get off my stern, stop blocking my path, to fire on some targets. Nope. At their leisure they would fire after I fired. 

I suspect they were attempting to be using me as a meatshield while trying to finish off targets I had fired on to finish them for the kill... What gets me is to do this type of activity, you have to pay pretty close attention to your team mate's ship. Instead, your eyes should be downrange. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,191
[PVE]
Members
9,657 posts
7,466 battles

I don't play much PvP, so I haven't seen people meatshielding.

 

In PvP, I will follow a few km behind a higher tier ship when I'm low tier to help out as I can. I will deviate as necessary and as opportunity allows. If I'm same tier, I'll usually follow a DD or CA in my usual BB to support them if I can. Problem is I don't bail as fast as some do, so I get over extended.

 

In PvE, if there are only a few of you, sticking together is a good plan if the green bots die fast. I don't know how many times, just a few minutes into battle, it was the few humans against most of the red team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,045
Members
3,780 posts
14,033 battles
12 hours ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Eh, for a CA driver,  dd's are the offenders for me.  Especially on approach to a cap. They seem to want to hug me and they'd  rather I get spotted rather than them. I normally just veer off in another direction or stop when that happens.

I aint had any DDs wanting to get cozy with my Cruisers yet. But I have had ones that I'm following to support break off and hide behind a island or circle behind me, obviously expecting me to scout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×