You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Incendiary_Tanker

Why I hate Artillery

14 comments in this topic

Members
1,343 posts
1,343 battles

Nufufuf, You thought this I was talking about World Of Tanks didn't you? :Smile_trollface:

I thought Red Orchestra's artillery scared me but this is a new level~ 

Experience the terror in Full screen! 

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,563 posts
8 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

That was a lot of shell casings.

Welcome to The Great War
f266f4d117d225b16c5b92f2be6dfc6d--britis

[PSP]
Members
6,268 posts
8,904 battles

That game is pretty realistic. About all you need to do to make it more so is not bathe for two weeks so that you are good and itchy and can hardly stand to smell yourself, run several laps around your room until you are out of breath, set off a few strings of firecrackers so that your ears are ringing nice and loud, and set fire to your trash can so that the room fills with smoke and gets you coughing so hard that you can hardly aim. Oh yes, if it's winter then open your window and close your heating vent, or if it's summer turn off your AC and then fire up a space heater so that the room gets nice and hot.

Edited by Snargfargle

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles
47 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

That game is pretty realistic. About all you need to do to make it more so is not bathe for two weeks so that you are good and itchy and can hardly stand to smell yourself, run several laps around your room until you are out of breath, set off a few strings of firecrackers so that your ears are ringing nice and loud, and set fire to your trash can so that the room fills with smoke and gets you coughing so hard that you can hardly aim. Oh yes, if it's winter then open your window and close your heating vent, or if it's summer turn off your AC and then fire up a space heater so that the room gets nice and hot.

I don't know, manning a static machine gun in that game is suicide, just like all the Battlefield games because you'll be sniped within 3 seconds.  Completely unlike WWI where machine guns, not scoped rifles, dominated.

hD0ewQk.gif

Edited by Sventex

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

That game looks janky as hell and not very realistic.

Honestly, if you want true terrifying artillery, try Day of Infamy co-op mode on a map like Bastogne or Dog Red (Normandy invasion). The AI in that game is some of the most brutal and unforgiving I've ever seen, and will often times call in arty, stukas, and bombing runs all at the same time. My friends and I call it PTSD simulator because it will make you lose your mind sometimes.

Members
1,343 posts
1,343 battles
2 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

Honestly, if you want true terrifying artillery, try Day of Infamy co-op mode on a map like Bastogne or Dog Red (Normandy invasion). The AI in that game is some of the most brutal and unforgiving I've ever seen, and will often times call in arty, stukas, and bombing runs all at the same time. My friends and I call it PTSD simulator because it will make you lose your mind sometimes.

Have you ever experience the Katyusha rockets of Red Orchestra? That's my PTSD Simulator! 

[PSP]
Members
6,268 posts
8,904 battles
7 hours ago, Kitsunelegend said:

I actually served in the Artillery, my ears still ring.

s-l225.jpg5_th_infantry_division_class_a_patch_692

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
Just now, Snargfargle said:

First off, thank you for your service. o7

However, I believe my point still stands. This is an EA game we're talking about, they're not exactly known for their realistic shooters. I mean, a shell/grenade practically landed less than 2 feet in front of the guy in the video at one point, and he was completely unfazed by the blast. Add on top of that all the other things wrong with EAfield 1, and it creates a game that looks decent in terms of graphics, but is has terrible gameplay, is very stale and repetitive, and just over all not very terrifying, or satisfying...

Day of infamy on the other hand, is absolutely terrifying to be on the receiving end of an arty strike, stuka run, bombing run, or a strafing run. (strafing runs are the worst when you're playing as the germans on Dog Red. Rarely did I survive those...) The thing about DoI, is it isn't a matter of "if" you'll get killed, its a matter of "when"... And thats why I love it so much. It does things that CoD and EAfield just....cant do at all. (Not to mention, but the gun sounds in EAfield and CoD always sound really...off...like, muffled and distorted somehow... they dont feel like they have any punch when they fire, which has always bothered me...)

1,542 posts
26 battles
On 18/12/2017 at 5:27 AM, Incendiary_Tanker said:

Nufufuf, You thought this I was talking about World Of Tanks didn't you? :Smile_trollface:

I thought Red Orchestra's artillery scared me but this is a new level~ 

Experience the terror in Full screen! 

It really shows how chaotic it all was. There's so much in the way of stimuli going on around you- movement, noise, debris flying everywhere. It must have been so terrifying for real soldiers to experience this

On 19/12/2017 at 11:24 AM, Snargfargle said:

Wow @Snargfargle thank you for your service o7 it must have been a really scary experience, I can't even imagine