You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capitan_Crunch

Konig Albert and Kaiser????

10 comments in this topic

[-DOG-]
[-DOG-]
Members
40 posts
8,252 battles

Ok they are sisterships I don't mind the aa being less but what is up with the firing range difference?

The Konig Albert has been power crept badly even the tier3  st louis can shoot further now? when did it get buffed from 11.5?

All is fine except you insist on uptiering it in battles,so time for some love.

I sure hope to see this kind of nonsence with the Yamato and Mushashi like at least a 2km diffence in range plus crappy aa.

• Bad 3

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,870 posts
11,592 battles

K.Albert power crept? Don't think so, It's still a crazy strong, so much so that they added it to the list of not for sale premiums.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,253 posts
1,860 battles

Cruisers have had longer range than battleships at Tier 3 since Beta at least.  There hasn't been any change in St Louis' range.

As to why the difference in range, Konig Albert is a WWI Dreadnought and Kaiser is a whatif post WWI upgrade that includes higher spotting platforms.

Yamato and Musashi have the same spotting platform, so ranges are likely to be very similar.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,247 posts
12,800 battles
12 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

There hasn't been any change in St Louis' range.

St Louis got its range upgraded a little bit in the same patch that removed OWSF.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,253 posts
1,860 battles
Just now, Lert said:

St Louis got its range upgraded a little bit in the same patch that removed OWSF.

Ah.  Thanks.

Was it enough to change which had longer range between it and Konig Albert?  I remember pretty much all cruisers out ranging my Kawachi when I ground through it.

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,078 battles

Konig Albert is situationally strong, but overall I haven't enjoyed it much.  The short range is a killer.  It was supposed to be the T3 Nikolai, not really imo.

If you have support and 1/3 of your team isn't already dead before you get into a decent position, good things can result.

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,078 battles

The St Lou, though, that's one you can get in there and influence the win.  Run the speed signal and start by whacking some dds.

[-DOG-]
[-DOG-]
Members
40 posts
8,252 battles

eNo I have had the st louis forever it use to be 11.5 range they added 1 km to range so when did this happen?

And also it is a Kaiser class so 2km less range fine,just make sure you do the same crap to Mushashi when she is released 

as she will be mid tier raping tier 7s instead of 8s.

Edited by Capitan_Crunch
spelling

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,253 posts
1,860 battles
2 hours ago, Capitan_Crunch said:

And also it is a Kaiser class so 2km less range fine,just make sure you do the same crap to Mushashi when she is released.

No.  Yamato and Musashi’s fire directors are at the same height.  Kaiser’s is higher than Konig Albert’s due to a fictional post-WWI modernization.

If Musashi’s stats remain as they are she is going to suck, and suck badly.  Tier VIIs have little more to worry about from her than they do from Iowa, Lion or Izumo.  She isn’t going to overmatch their bows anymore than every other Tier IX BB already does.