Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Zed3

Pointer distinction and/or size

7 comments in this topic

[90THC]
Members
151 posts
16,356 battles

In the heat of battle, I'm having an issue with seeing the pointer. It's too small and I tend to lose it in the display after I press control, like when I want to mark and tag a target. I have to move the mouse around a lot before I can lock onto the actual pointer. Happens in Port, too. I haven't seen any pointer adjustments in the interface. 

Is there way to make it more distinct  via a color change and/or by enlarging it?  If not, there should be.

Edited by Zed3

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
1,042 posts
18,545 battles

There is also a WoWS approved mod pack (I am not suggesting there are any issues with Aslain's work, just offering an alternative) with various different pointers available here in our forums. One consideration: historically they have not been as prompt to post a mod pack update after the server updates as Aslain, though after the most recent couple of patches they updated the mod pack very quickly.

Respects,

Am

• Cool 1

[BBNS]
Beta Testers
394 posts
6,723 battles

I am a recent user of ashlan's mods I must say I am very happy with them so far just my two cents I find it a little easier to use them the official due to having an option to "preview mods" making it so I can see how my.curser is effected.

Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
6,051 posts

5a106808773b6_3ControlMove.jpg.2958d367c

Select Crosshair will change the zoomed in crosshair. You can find it in the settings menu. There are quite a few options, both dynamic and static.  I favor the static version that shows you angled lines across the screen.  I compare the lines to the angle of my target and it makes it easier to lead my shots.

When you are zoomed out and in a battleship, cruiser or destroyer your cursor will always be in the middle of the screen, unless you hold down the [Ctrl] key.  I've heard of people who put a dot on the screen with an erasable marker, or a marker on transparent tape.  I suppose you could use a slice off of a Post It note.  Seems a bit extreme to me but it's not my monitor.  That will give you options if you want to run a vanilla game.

[90THC]
Members
151 posts
16,356 battles

OK, I have Aslain's mods installed, and there's a thingy for the pointer, which shows multiple options.  By default, it gives me a yellow pointer, which helps.

Any idea how or where I can select one of them? the preview window shows several options.

[90THC]
Members
151 posts
16,356 battles
22 minutes ago, Quaffer said:

When you are zoomed out and in a battleship, cruiser or destroyer your cursor will always be in the middle of the screen, unless you hold down the [Ctrl] key.  I've heard of people who put a dot on the screen with an erasable marker, or a marker on transparent tape.  I suppose you could use a slice off of a Post It note.  Seems a bit extreme to me but it's not my monitor.  That will give you options if you want to run a vanilla game.

That only appears to work if the target is within reapons range.  CTRL + pointing at the ship works, no matter if it's in or out of range.

Sign in to follow this