You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AVR__Project

Dunkirk Mission - DVD release

11 comments in this topic

[SAY]
Members
18 posts
2,435 battles

Since they are releasing the DVD (Blue Ray, 4K, digital, etc.) for Christmas...

Might it be nice to have the Dunkirk mission back for a week?

Since we don't have the French DD, or the borrowed 15 point captains...

...  How about just tier 5 DDs..  and Gallant.

Pity the poor fool who brings a Kamakaze-R to this one.  Nicholas would probably do very well.

You can bring the T-22, but other players would be allowed to instantly teamkill you at spawn.

Then again, VMF destroyers weren't friendly to the RN at that point in history either  (ouch..  sticky political thingy - forget I said that)

[HINON]
Members
9,059 posts

They already have the campaigns coming out and wouldn't want to have too many things going on simultaneously. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,727 posts
9,120 battles

I would love to see the Dunkirk missions(s) come back as I was without a PC for July & August when that was happening. Heck, I would be happy at getting a shot at Jack Dunkirk and the heck with anything else associated with the campaign.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,969 posts
8 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I would love to see the Dunkirk missions(s) come back as I was without a PC for July & August when that was happening. Heck, I would be happy at getting a shot at Jack Dunkirk and the heck with anything else associated with the campaign.

Jack Dunkirk is a historical captain like Yamamoto, so I don't see why not. If Dunkirk ever returns hopefully Blyskawica will finally be playable, seeing as she was a participant in the real evacuation.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,727 posts
9,120 battles
13 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

Jack Dunkirk is a historical captain like Yamamoto, so I don't see why not. If Dunkirk ever returns hopefully Blyskawica will finally be playable, seeing as she was a participant in the real evacuation.

I like the Buffalo or as the Finns called it The American Car in your signature.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,455 posts
4,321 battles
On 18/12/2017 at 1:30 AM, BrushWolf said:

I like the Buffalo or as the Finns called it The American Car in your signature.

For the British and Americans, flying the Buffalo was like a newbie taking a Weymouth into battle against a Unicum division sailing Umikazes. The conditions and climate in which they flew magnified all of its weaknesses.

For the Finns, flying the Buffalo was like a Unicum player taking an Umikaze into battle against bots sailing Weymouths. The conditions and climate in which they flew MITIGATED all of its weaknesses.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,727 posts
9,120 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

For the British and Americans, flying the Buffalo was like a newbie taking a Weymouth into battle against a Unicum division sailing Umikazes. The conditions and climate in which they flew magnified all of its weaknesses.

For the Finns, flying the Buffalo was like a Unicum player taking an Umikaze into battle against bots sailing Weymouths. The conditions and climate in which they flew MITIGATED all of its weaknesses.

True but the tactics that the British and Americans used also played into enemy hands where the Finns flew the planes to their strengths like the AVG in China with their P-40's.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,455 posts
4,321 battles
8 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

True but the tactics that the British and Americans used also played into enemy hands where the Finns flew the planes to their strengths like the AVG in China with their P-40's.

I would appreciate an English-language source or two - most that I have read do not go into detail on this matter (about the Finns, I mean; I have read about the AVG in quite some detail), only that the Buffalo perversely redeemed itself in Finnish hands (I'm sort of imagining a World of Warplanes or War Thunder version of Little White Mouse calling it garbage, and then a flame war erupting on EU servers from Finns defending it vociferously, LOL).

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,727 posts
9,120 battles
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I would appreciate an English-language source or two - most that I have read do not go into detail on this matter (about the Finns, I mean; I have read about the AVG in quite some detail), only that the Buffalo perversely redeemed itself in Finnish hands (I'm sort of imagining a World of Warplanes or War Thunder version of Little White Mouse calling it garbage, and then a flame war erupting on EU servers from Finns defending it vociferously, LOL).

The Buffalo was a Boom & Zoom plane, a diving attack - the boom followed by flying away and then recovering altitude - the zoom, where the worlds training and tactics was almost universally based on the turning fight, Turn & Burn, like in WWI.