Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
JunkwaffelXXI

tired of all the game crashes

6 comments in this topic

[TWBNS]
Members
82 posts
11,411 battles

Sometimes I get that "unhandled exception" error and sometimes it just goes dead.  This game has been so much hash since the update.  I'm done.  I'll maybe come back in a month or two and see if WG ever got it fixed.

Edited by JunkwaffelXXI

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Last ditch effort...

Turn off the wows installer from running in the background and run the game via the wows.exe in the game folder.

[TWBNS]
Members
82 posts
11,411 battles

None of that seemed to make a difference,  but here is something that might.  Above, I reposted a suggested solution that seems to help.  This may be less WG's fault and more about Microsoft.  If so, apologies to WG.

Edited by JunkwaffelXXI

Members
280 posts
On 12/17/2017 at 10:07 AM, JunkwaffelXXI said:

Sometimes I get that "unhandled exception" error and sometimes it just goes dead.  This game has been so much hash since the update.  I'm done.  I'll maybe come back in a month or two and see if WG ever got it fixed.

Don't hold your breath. Same thing going on for me since April. Opening a support ticket was useless, all they tried was to get me to do a useless ping plot and poke holes in my router. Problem is NOT my end, EVERYTHING else works no problem. Its their game. All I can say is welcome to the club.

Members
705 posts
10,515 battles

Lots of game crashes just now, lost ranked battles ! Hurts about 8 players good game action. This is ranked, few ships in play, towards end of game.

Edited by Ericson38

[RKLES]
Members
7,213 posts
9,006 battles

Yeah at least I am lucky that when mine crashes it's usually battle start or after end of battle If or when it happens.

If it's at the start of battle I just quickly log back in and usually only costs 2-3 minutes to get logged back in and be sailing again in battle.

The trick is to have login remember your password at least during the play sessions so you can speed up getting back in during crashes and then after you are done playing for the day just log out and have it forget your password again if you are the type of person that Prefers to log in password each time you wish to play.

Sign in to follow this