You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
hardtodie

elite experince

8 comments in this topic

[PT-SD]
[PT-SD]
Members
104 posts
9,842 battles

Just a simple question on elite commander experience.

Does the amount of elite experience received per battle depend

on the tier of ship used? 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,839 posts
11,536 battles

Yes.. kinda.  Elite XP (assuming you don't have flags or camo to modify the EXP), is going to be the same as the amount of Ship XP you get for the match. You have more opportunities to earn XP at higher tiers making so your average t8 match is gonna net more XP than your average t4. So yea, higher tier is a better place to earn elite XP. 

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Members
3,351 posts
12,122 battles

54 minutes ago, hardtodie said:

Just a simple question on elite commander experience.

Does the amount of elite experience received per battle depend

on the tier of ship used? 

@Kapitan_Wuff has it exactly right.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,536 posts
25,018 battles
17 minutes ago, Khafni said:

@Kapitan_Wuff has it exactly right.

Except that Tier isn’t the only variable for Base XP and Elite XP is a function of Base XP. 

When I need a lot of Elite Commander XP in a hurry, I play Yamamoto in Fujin, Kamikaze R, and Yugumo because those ships generate lots of XP for me. Kutuzov, Sims and Belfast do too. 

Sinking a Tier 10 BB generates a lot more XP than sinking a Tier 4 ship. However, I’m not sure that capping points increase as you go up Tiers. 

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Flags are key when added with a premium ship/camo.

I play different tier premiums (premium time too) between DDs, and Cruisers while running them. 

It depends on how well I do, but it's common to pull in 15k-30k. I bank that because I'm almost always running a 19pt. 

Worse case is something like 8k-10k.

You can also wait until there's a mission that +xx% and triple down everything at one time.

Edited by Wulfgarn

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles

It is a little late now as tonight is the last night but flying the Dragon flag, +333% captains exp, in Clan Wars with a 19 point captain will get you 2k in a loss and 20k in a win.

[SALVO]
Members
17,053 posts
17,692 battles
2 hours ago, Landing_Skipper said:

Except that Tier isn’t the only variable for Base XP and Elite XP is a function of Base XP. 

When I need a lot of Elite Commander XP in a hurry, I play Yamamoto in Fujin, Kamikaze R, and Yugumo because those ships generate lots of XP for me. Kutuzov, Sims and Belfast do too. 

Sinking a Tier 10 BB generates a lot more XP than sinking a Tier 4 ship. However, I’m not sure that capping points increase as you go up Tiers. 

Probably true, and it depends on what ship you're in when you do it.  I do think that there's something to be said for grinding elite CO XP in ships you do very well in, just because you DO do well in them, which should make earning more XP easier.

I'll also say that a part of this equation for me is also how I want to play.  That is, do I feel like playing some relaxing coop battles or only more intense, hard core random battles.  Mind you, I do both.  I often like to just a few battles in my mid tier premiums in coop.  Do I earn enormous XP?  No.  But it's generally a fun and relaxing way to get some easy XP.  However, I rarely play my tier 8 premiums in coop, and prefer to play them in randoms simply because they have a chance of earning a lot more credits and XP there.  Also, I tend to put a fair number of economic flags on my tier 8 premiums and don't want to waste them in coop battles.