Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
S4breh4wk

WG are u ever going to Fix the unresponsive Login Screen after a disconnect?

10 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
109 posts
8,594 battles

its a minor issue but very annoying if u want to reconnect to a match after your connection dropped (eg. after router has its 24h auto reconnect) ,

and you are thrown back to the login screen, and the login screen wont do jack , you cant login because the client does not refresh IP /DNS without a restart, you cant quit because

the Quit button doesnt work , it simply doesnt respond to clicks. Basically you have go to task manager and kill the bloody game and restart it, losing precious time on the reconnect to match.

Every single time that happens its  a completely reproducable and consistent bug that has been in the game...like FOREVER.

Is it too much to ask to have this fixed?

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

No they're just going to ignore it.  Either that or say everything looks fine on our end.

Beta Testers
109 posts
8,594 battles

Im pretty sure this issue has been reported , tickedeted, and ignored for about a eternity. if that is not a known bug with them i eat a shoe without mustard.

Members
700 posts
10,500 battles

I have the same problem about 20% of the time. Occurs on test server too, but only about 10% of time, really !

Edited by Ericson38

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,442 battles

well I always say, if 100% of the players are not having this same issue it is NOT A WG/WOWS issue.... and it makes sense too... if YOU have this problem, and I do not... and TWO people have this problem and 1000 do not... it seems highly likely that it is NOT a WG issue and your end has something funky going on... you have a DMZ?

firwall?

Before people pass the blame to WG 100%... please be sure to make all the checks on your end and your rig to make sure a little setting is not out of place... or your firewall is not set up right... or your antivirus that is running in the background is not set to GAME mode (a lot of them have this feature)
I feel bad you have this issue but I am pretty sure it is on your end... (which is why WG says their end is ok....)
I am not saying I have never been booted.. I have.. but I HAVE never not been able to get right back in (although sometimes the sound is messed up after I reconnect) but after the game is over I restart....
Good luck... I hope you get it all fixed

Members
700 posts
10,500 battles

Can get to the port server always, just not the associated battle server more than 80% of the time the 1st try.

Are you saying the firewall behaves differently between the Port environment and the Battle environment ?

Edited by Ericson38

[CYKA]
Modder
847 posts
4,826 battles
5 hours ago, S4breh4wk said:

its a minor issue but very annoying if u want to reconnect to a match after your connection dropped (eg. after router has its 24h auto reconnect) ,

and you are thrown back to the login screen, and the login screen wont do jack , you cant login because the client does not refresh IP /DNS without a restart, you cant quit because

the Quit button doesnt work , it simply doesnt respond to clicks. Basically you have go to task manager and kill the bloody game and restart it, losing precious time on the reconnect to match.

Every single time that happens its  a completely reproducable and consistent bug that has been in the game...like FOREVER.

Is it too much to ask to have this fixed?

You dont use that quit button, it may kick you outta port as it may take it as "you leave the battle", you use the Task Manager, to kill the process. wait until at least 4 LEDs on the router is green, indicate the reset is done, then you could relogin now and it will take you straight to battle

Beta Testers
109 posts
8,594 battles

No firewall issues, no 3rd party anti virus, router is top shelf gear not some crappy ancient DMZ early 2000s [edited]. Machine is already back online 5 seconds after the game even registered the timeout , and the login screen QUIT button not accessible is a BUG of the game and not my machine. How does that even make any sense to imply that not being able to CLICK an item on the interface after a disconnection is a locally caused issue, that item shall not require any online connection to work, its there to TERMINATE THE effin APPLICATION.  Its sloppy code and bad design thats all.

Sign in to follow this