You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
stickemwiththepointyend

Divisions and clans in regards to CVs

63 comments in this topic

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,247 posts
3,106 battles

I agree! It's almost as bad as someone with more than two thirds of their games in a St. Louis! 

Edited by RivertheRoyal
  • Funny 3

[ANZAC]
[ANZAC]
Members
605 posts
5,052 battles
3 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

I agree! It's almost as bad as someone with more than two thirds of their games in a St. Louis! 

If you're going to stick in Tier III, St Louis is a solid ship.

I still feel bad every time I sink one.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,247 posts
3,106 battles
Just now, HyperFish said:

I know, but it's slightly ironic that this guy, on this account, is running the St. Louis with an 80% winrate and deep purple stats, but doesn't want other people stacking the deck in their favour. It's almost as if he's yelling "It's okay if I'm clubbing but no one else is allowed to!"  

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
35 posts
90 battles
1 hour ago, toe_ said:

So no teamwork.  

In a team based game.

Teamwork is clan play, pubs are for player to grind or play. It has become clan play in pubs. You wanna clan play with a CV, scrimmage. Don't stack the [edited]deck.

1 hour ago, smf117 said:

90 battles and he thinks he can tell us what to do...

Yes 90. That's it, look down.

54 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

I know, but it's slightly ironic that this guy, on this account, is running the St. Louis with an 80% winrate and deep purple stats, but doesn't want other people stacking the deck in their favour. It's almost as if he's yelling "It's okay if I'm clubbing but no one else is allowed to!"  

Why is that, why? Ask that question.

CVs are broken. Good and bad WG wants to add new lines and add new crapbut they won't address the major issues in this game.

That's the issue.

People team up and exploit the game. Constantly. The game suffers. Team play becomes a cheat, an exploit, a way to take advantage of  lplayers that grind lines. 

It's [edited].

You find a CV player that's good, you all sit around eating Doritos and sucking down Mountain Dew, waiting for them to let you in their div.

[edited].

Broken

Edited by stickemwiththepointyend
  • Funny 1

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,503 battles
1 minute ago, stickemwiththepointyend said:

Not sure you know what you're talking about. Look up.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,247 posts
3,106 battles
18 minutes ago, stickemwiththepointyend said:

Why is that, why? Ask that question.

CVs are broken. Good and bad WG wants to add new lines and add new crapbut they won't address the major issues in this game.

That's the issue.

People team up and exploit the game. Constantly. The game suffers. Team play becomes a cheat, an exploit, a way to take advantage of  lplayers that grind lines. 

It's [edited].

You find a CV player that's good, you all sit around eating Doritos and sucking down Mountain Dew, waiting for them to let you in their div.

[edited].

Broken

They're called "Random Battles" for a reason. And besides, for every try hard division of a CV and two supports, you get ≥4 incompetent CV players. Take what you can get, don't be upset because something's threatening your glorious win rate. It's a game.  

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,604 posts
25,782 battles
17 hours ago, HyperFish said:

And so cute.

I feel bad when I sink them too. 

Members
35 posts
90 battles
21 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

And so cute.

I feel bad when I sink them too. 

Funny I'm sure I've sunk you a couple times...

34 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

They're called "Random Battles" for a reason. And besides, for every try hard division of a CV and two supports, you get ≥4 incompetent CV players. Take what you can get, don't be upset because something's threatening your glorious win rate. It's a game.  

It's not random, it's not random at all if you decreas the odds.

You decrease them by adding a CV, if he is "good" you do it further. You open up tons of options, mainly AA Cruisers, AA BBs and now.... Somehow AA DDs. It [edited]. And it's an exploit.

I'm not worried about my winrate. I'm worried about the balance of the [edited]game.

It's an exploit, it has been for a while. Just like smoke Divs.

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles
16 minutes ago, ACEpickles said:

Just stay in your safe space...

the safe space being players on a VOIP communicating and working in unison, among many things. Toss in a CV player that can put left over right and its ridiculous, what are high level CV players running at winrate wise there ACE? they play dudes [edited]around and grinding.

Ace...

[edited] off, you and your inflated as [edited] winrate. 

KTYHk4.gif

Edited by atPrick__

[TBOW]
Members
1,264 posts
10,726 battles
3 hours ago, stickemwiththepointyend said:

Stop it in Randoms...

It is unfair to any solo player if the division is remotely "good".

You know you could find your self a good CV player to work with or if playing CV look for people to division with.  It is how I am helping a buddy who is working the IJN CV Line.

Edited by gcangel82

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,247 posts
3,106 battles
32 minutes ago, atPrick__ said:

the safe space being players on a VOIP communicating and working in unison, among many things. Toss in a CV player that can put left over right and its ridiculous, what are high level CV players running at winrate wise there ACE? they play dudes [edited]around and grinding.

Ace...

[edited] off, you and your inflated as [edited] winrate. 

KTYHk4.gif

Disregarding the fact that OP's account has a higher win rate than Ace's, I feel like your complaint (Along with Stick's), is legitimate. However, this is simply the way things are done around here. WoWs, WoT, and WoWp all have division capabilities, and it's a draw for people who want to play with friends but don't want to dip into the competitive scene. It is what it is, and there's no use complaining about it. 

If it's any consolation, however, the majority of divisions are just of average players, and don't really affect the game that much. Even then, divisions face a mirrored matchmaking, meaning that a team with a division on it will normally face another team with a division. So, things tend to balance out. 

With CVs, the only thing I can say is that I hope they get better. Right now though, we are all so used to the complaints that it's gotten a fair bit annoying. 

Edited by RivertheRoyal

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Divisions have always been a thing in this game, it's part of teamwork and good gameplay.

If you want to tell people that they can't play with their friends...by all means. Just don't expect them to listen.

• Cool 1

[CUTER]
Members
704 posts
19,100 battles
4 hours ago, stickemwiththepointyend said:

Stop it in Randoms...

I am sorry my fun isn't your fun.  Get over it.

Beta Testers
1,866 posts
19,098 battles
4 hours ago, stickemwiththepointyend said:

Stop it in Randoms...

Wow already talking smack and with only 90 battles under his belt ?

Members
35 posts
90 battles

Well I'm glad I re-rolled the page cause you changed your original statement. Doesn't matter, why should a solo player have to lose constantly so that triple div get their rocks off by winning?

You wanna play with your clan in trip Divs, don't do it at the expense of my game. Otherwise play on a level field, "[edited] my game" Naa bro. [edited] yours and play me level.... 

The entire point of PvP is a player, singular, playing another player.

• Bad 2

Members
35 posts
90 battles
10 minutes ago, KongoPride said:

I am sorry my fun isn't your fun.  Get over it.

Yeah... 

So you get to have "fun", win and have a good old time by exploiting the MM.  If you aren't having "fun" and winning a lot...Well I would guess it's you, that's why you love Divs so much, and not the people around you(the ones you wait around to div with)...

Edited by stickemwiththepointyend
  • Boring 1