You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
karmajay

Reason for division only for normal operations

11 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
299 posts
4,921 battles

I tried a search and could not find an answer for this.

For weekly operations, why is there a requirement to division up for this in normal mode? Maybe not all require this but I've tried to start some and it says division required. It seems to take this content out of the realm for non clan people. Thanks!

EDIT: Changed missions to operations, sorry!

Edited by karmajay

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,984 posts
9,947 battles

Sorry but not sure what you mean by weekly missions . Are you talking about Operations ? If so the Operation of the week does not require being in a division to play . But the other Operations ; which are mot that particular weeks Operation (they change every Wednesday , usually in rotation until a new one is added) do require a you being in a division to play them . Not sure why WoWs decided to do it that way but I suspect it is to make it more likely that people will play that Operation that is currently the weekly one .

:Smile_honoring:

Members
1,862 posts
17,687 battles
1 hour ago, karmajay said:

why is there a requirement to division up for this

There's the "Clan Battle" only challenge & mission on that requires you to be in a clan...other than that the Operations(as mentioned above but w/out quoting you to bring it to your attention via notifications)only have 1 available at a time & in order to do any of the others you have to div up for them although you do not have to be a clan member to do scenarios...any players can div up together to do Operations(even opposing clan members)...you just send an invite to someone to div up or accept one sent from another player.

Not sure which you are referring to or some other thing...if this doesn't clear up your confusion please clarify more.

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,753 posts
3,490 battles

It's to promote learning and teamwork through doing instead of just assuming everyone else are evil cyborg humans that wish you ill-will and plot Earth's distruction in their "clans."

[POP]
Members
299 posts
4,921 battles

Yes, sorry I meant the Operations. Ex. The Ultimate Frontier

Edited by karmajay

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,254 posts
7,805 battles
1 hour ago, karmajay said:

Yes, sorry I meant the Operations. Ex. The Ultimate Frontier

There is only 1 operation of the week which will allow people to random que in, all other operations that are not the Operation of the Week require a div to play. 

[WOLF3]
Members
6,498 posts
2,448 battles

You don't need to division only with your clan members.  Flag yourself as "looking for a division", or start one and pick up a couple players who are.

[POP]
Members
299 posts
4,921 battles
22 hours ago, iDuckman said:

You don't need to division only with your clan members.  Flag yourself as "looking for a division", or start one and pick up a couple players who are.

This is a good point but what is the difference between this and just dropping into it solo?

There is only 1 operation of the week which will allow people to random que in, all other operations that are not the Operation of the Week require a div to play. 

Ok, thanks for the info. Is there a reason for this? Something weird happening in the past, etc? Just seems against the fact that these originated as solo content. Thanks!

[WOLF3]
Members
6,498 posts
2,448 battles
2 minutes ago, karmajay said:

This is a good point but what is the difference between this and just dropping into it solo?

Ah, grasshopper.  You ask what is the benefit of divisioning.  This is a question I cannot help you with. 

[PSP]
Members
6,362 posts
8,983 battles

I think that the reasoning behind requiring a division for an operation that is not the currently running one is to prevent players from having to wait a long time in an empty queue. Recall that there is no queue time limit for operations.

• Cool 1