You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Salt..on salt...on salt

10 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,851 posts
13,070 battles

I"m sorry if I actually enjoy getting called names because things didn't go the other's way:

1. Driving a cap (we're already winning) in my Scharn.
  2. Focused on a BB with my HE, but know there is a DD hiding on the opposite side of my focus...waiting for me to clear the land mass.
  3. Turn into the waiting DD, and comb his torps (an otherwise perfect torp shot on my previous course).
  4. Unload nine HE shells into him, along with secondaries, taking out his torps.
  5. He backs into some protection so I can't shoot him, but I'll soon have a shot.
  6. He decides to go all out on a ram vector, as I shoot torps.
  7. Torps mess up his ram vector forcing him to turn in, crossing my stern.
  8. And goes nose first into a land mass.
  9. My secondaries chipping away as a friendly knocks out his last HP for the kill.

In summary:  He's already on the losing side.  Foiled a "perfect" torp shot.  Incapacitated the torp tubes.  Foiled the ram.  Caused him to beach.  Ultimately obliterated.
Man...did I get an ear full.  Probably lost some karma too.

Sorry, but that was fun.

[TBOW]
Members
1,253 posts
10,709 battles
2 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I"m sorry if I actually enjoy getting called names because things didn't go the other's way:

In summary:  He's already on the losing side.  Foiled a "perfect" torp shot.  Incapacitated the torp tubes.  Foiled the ram.  Caused him to beach.  Ultimately obliterated.

Sorry, but that was fun.

That is really Salt, on Salt, on Salt, on Salt, on top of Salt.  That must have been epic.

Beta Testers
47 posts
2,279 battles

You aren't the only one. I love harvesting salt too. I once obliterated a Montana with not one, but two volleys of torpedoes. He screamed at me for the rest of the match because I must have been hacking. I mean, he was only travelling at 1/4 speed.... in a straight line...

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I collect the salt for my French Fries and Fried Chicken, mmmmmmmmmmm. Really though I never notice any Salt in game { Because I don't read chat } I am Missing an important meta of the game?

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Sorry, but that was fun.

Sounds like the perfect BB push on a DD.  I can toss a similar scenario.

DD in open water pops smoke around 10-12K from my GK.  I turn into the smoke.  He sits and spam HE's me..  sends torps.. I keep moving in.  I get to the outside of smoke and pop Hydro.  Bye DD. 

Members
652 posts
7,494 battles

Devastated a DD (Benson) while he is inside smoke (and yet doesn't move since most people will know that smoke baits torpedoes) in my Mogami...
Gets reported just by doing that... 

This is fine...

Members
1,847 posts
17,666 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Driving a cap (we're already winning) in my Scharn.

Don't have the Scharn but my whole Gnies run was spent chasing down DDs...I have the philosophy that taking a torp in a BB is worth eliminating a DD & Gnies w/20% rudder shift is ideal for that. Crème de la Salty Crème...torping out said DD. Nothing enrages a DD more than being torped out by a BB...& most of the time all torps were dodged...that really gets the whole "cheater" rant going.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

Individual A Fires his torpedoes in behind Individual B Individual A gives NO warning.  Individual B turns suddenly realizes ahhh SSSSS-------- friendly torpedoes.  Individual A blames Individual B for not paying attention to his torpedoes.  Individual A Blankey Blankey Blankey Blankedy Blank to Individual A.  Instant salt lol.