Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

Missouri Advice

25 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

Missouri is one premium ship I do want to add to my collection.  I already have the Alabama so it would be another fun ship just to have in my port.  Currently I am working on my destroyers at the moment.  I mean yea they are fun just difficult to manage and stay alive some of the time.  I'm trying to decide whether or not I should just say the heck with the tech tree for now.

I am on a budgeted income so I can not afford to just simply pay out for the Missouri using doubloons.  That simply just can't happen.  I roughly earn anywhere from 1000 to in some cases 5000 ship xp per game.  I also get higher amounts of Free XP when I play my Alabama.  I'm not exactly what I should do on this or how long it could possibly take me to simply grind out to get my Missouri.   Do ya'll have any suggestions?  Please keep in mind I do not plan on paying for this ship out of my own pocket.

[HINON]
Members
9,059 posts

Use free xp boosting stuff during events with boosted xp. Since free xp gain is based off of total xp, those 3x days etc really add up fast. Papa papa flags etc. work really well. And just keep saving.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
4 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Use free xp boosting stuff during events with boosted xp. Since free xp gain is based off of total xp, those 3x days etc really add up fast. Papa papa flags etc. work really well. And just keep saving.

Key thing is when ever they have the Free XP boost weekends again right now it's only 50 percent.  But I will  use the papa papa flags if I have them.  

[HINON]
Members
9,059 posts
3 minutes ago, 0crazy8s0 said:

Key thing is when ever they have the Free XP boost weekends again right now it's only 50 percent.  But I will  use the papa papa flags if I have them.  

I'm not referring to the free xp boost weekends. I'm referring to the regular xp boost weekends when it's like 2 or 3 times the normal xp for first wins. You run higher tier ships for greater base XP and throw on all your modifiers and rake it in.

Edited by RipNuN2

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

I'm not referring to the free xp boost weekends. I'm referring to the regular xp boost weekends when it's like 2 or 3 times the normal xp for first wins. You run higher tier ships for greater base XP and throw on all your modifiers and rack it in.

Yea that I know but they are far and few between it seems lately.

[DUDE_]
Members
2,604 posts
12,503 battles

No real easy solution if you don't spend real money. to maximize free XP, You must not waste your papa papa's or any other free xp camo or flag you stumble across.

Free XP is earned as a flat 5% of total XP per game. So.....maximizing your ship xp is key to getting free xp. I won't bore you with math examples but don't waste papa papas on a ship or game where you aren't maximizing ship xp  Once your ship xp is high, then the FREE xp calculation is 5% of that figure, and then the papa papa is 300% of that increased free xp number....lols I sure someone can explain it better....But maximizing Ship XP is the key to maximizing free xp

[SALTY]
[SALTY]
Members
258 posts
4,623 battles

It's either you grind out the free xp using bonuses and signal flags or you buy doubloons to convert. 

• Cool 3

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,368 battles

The key point is that ship xp bonuses and free xp bonuses are multiplicative, so that you want to boost both as evenly as possible to maximize free xp gain.

Illustration: a) You complete a battle with +300% xp bonuses (flags, camo, first win, etc.) and +300% additional bonuses to free xp.  Your free xp yield will be 400%x400%=1600% of what it would be normally.

b) Contrast a situation in which you complete a battle with no ship xp bonus, but +600% to free xp.  It looks the same, but it's not.  You end up with "only" 100%x700%=700% of your normal free xp.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
14 minutes ago, ROY4LP4IN said:

It's either you grind out the free xp using bonuses and signal flags or you buy doubloons to convert. 

Well then its going to be a hard long grind for me because I am not paying out the doubloons I'm not putting any more money than I have to in for this game except for the on occasion needing of retraining a captain or for premium account time.  To me its just not worth spending that much money.  But in the end at least if I grind out using my Alabama I'll save up a crap load of in game credits.  I would rather spend 120 dollars on tools for my house than a game honestly.

Edited by 0crazy8s0

[TBOW]
Members
1,263 posts
10,726 battles
5 minutes ago, 0crazy8s0 said:

Well then its going to be a hard long grind for me because I am not paying out the doubloons I'm not putting any more money than I have to in for this game except for the on occasion needing of retraining a captain or for premium account time.  To me its just not worth spending that much money.  But in the end at least if I grind out using my Alabama I'll save up a crap load of in game credits.  I would rather spend 120 dollars on tools for my house than a game honestly.

Real life is more important than a game.  If you get a couple bucks here couple bucks there you can put into it, great.  But sounds like you have higher priority items first.  You earn her the hard way it is a lot more satisfying anyway.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
2 minutes ago, gcangel82 said:

Real life is more important than a game.  If you get a couple bucks here couple bucks there you can put into it, great.  But sounds like you have higher priority items first.  You earn her the hard way it is a lot more satisfying anyway.

I'm not a person who wants to spend money in a game and instantly have everything.  Even on my other games which I own servers for I don't use my admin rights just to say oh yea I have everything.  So I take it as something I have to work for to earn in the game.  It just hasn't been a really big priority.  I am medically retired so I have more than ample time to accomplish this challenging task.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

Not to mention at least doing it this way and using the Alabama I have an Elite captain on this ship.  So in the end grinding out the XP will benefit me in the long run.

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
657 posts
8,020 battles
1 hour ago, 0crazy8s0 said:

Missouri is one premium ship I do want to add to my collection.  I already have the Alabama so it would be another fun ship just to have in my port.  Currently I am working on my destroyers at the moment.  I mean yea they are fun just difficult to manage and stay alive some of the time.  I'm trying to decide whether or not I should just say the heck with the tech tree for now.

I am on a budgeted income so I can not afford to just simply pay out for the Missouri using doubloons.  That simply just can't happen.  I roughly earn anywhere from 1000 to in some cases 5000 ship xp per game.  I also get higher amounts of Free XP when I play my Alabama.  I'm not exactly what I should do on this or how long it could possibly take me to simply grind out to get my Missouri.   Do ya'll have any suggestions?  Please keep in mind I do not plan on paying for this ship out of my own pocket.

Only have a few games in my Miss.  Didn't do any XP conversion.  Only money I spent was for Papa Papa flags.  Ran them on all my T5's and above.  I'm guessing it took me like 6 months.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
1 minute ago, Viper069 said:

Only have a few games in my Miss.  Didn't do any XP conversion.  Only money I spent was for Papa Papa flags.  Ran them on all my T5's and above.  I'm guessing it took me like 6 months.

Yea but where you playing the game every single day all day for those 6 months?  I can play almost all day every day.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

If I really wanted to just pay the money I have more than enough ship xp built up on my premium ships to convert it all but I think I will have more fun doing the grind as I think I will wind up as said getting more gratification of doing it that way.  Hopefully it doesnt take for ever lolz.  10 Months or 6 months.  Maybe even less if I play every day of the week.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

fxp is 5%  of xp.    so   figure 15million xp earned if there  was no other bonus.    at 2000xp per match,  thtat is about 7500 matches.     with modifiers,  it is less number of matches. (I believe it took me about 4000 matches)     

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

Guess its grinding time 4K in battles that's at least manageable. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,877 posts
5,259 battles
3 hours ago, 0crazy8s0 said:

For like $2.99 you can get 100 +300% free xp flags.   It's cheap and will make a big difference for you.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

Yea I just wound up getting myself some papa papa flags only 3 or 4 bucks so that I can do lol.

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
657 posts
8,020 battles
4 hours ago, 0crazy8s0 said:

Yea but where you playing the game every single day all day for those 6 months?  I can play almost all day every day.

I play pretty much every day, but certainly not all day.  Maybe half a dozen games or so.  So, it shouldn't take you quite as long.

[OPEC]
Members
947 posts
5,108 battles

Took me close to a year to do it, with a lot of games in my Tirpitz with the extra free XP camo that was given away in last year's Xmas convoy missions.  I didn't spend any $$ on converting XP, though.

[WOLF2]
Members
898 posts
7,321 battles

Sitting at 570k.   Getting closer.   Grinding every day.   Saving the cash for the Santa crates.   Not sure if those will throw Free XP.    

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,233 posts
14,657 battles

Unless you simply have that itch to play Missouri, "RIGHT NAU" then I suggest to simply grind the rest out and then claim her.  She isn't going anywhere and there is no sign at all WG is going to yank her.

Sign in to follow this