Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Fletcher7_1944

It's official: Yubari is now my go to fun ship.

7 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
3,247 posts

I swear, no matter how foul of a mood I'm in, or how frustrated- this thing never fails to put a smile on my face!

DD hunter?  Check.

Firestarter?  Check.

CV snipe breaker-upper?  Check.

Hillarious  annoying pest making-of-itself ship?  Check.

Giving this lil ship Defensive Fire was a stroke of genius.  Nobody expects a silly little overgrown DD to blow scads of their planes out of the sky.   With Superintendant and premium DF, it's even better, lol.   Just last game, the red Hosho tried for a CV snipe vs ours right out of the gate.   It just so happened that I was also spawned in that corner, and saw it coming immediately.    So, I just loitered a few km ahead of our Hosho, waited for the strike to arrive, and hit T when they were right on top of me.    Powpowpowpow  BOOM!   burning planes start falling out of the sky, the TB's panic, and nobody gets hit.

Nope.

Not today.

Shortly thereafter, both red DD's show up.   Yubari eats them with her main gun batteries.  <burp!>

After that, Wickes and I head north to give our regards to that red Hosho.     He sends more planes.    I hit DF again.   He loses more planes, and misses his strikes.

I set Hosho on fire, and wickes force feeds him a nice salvo of torps.     WE win.

Ahhh- just the remedy I needed after a few frustrating games!

It's not necessarily a monster or a carry bote, but it IS really fun to play.    Just make as big a pest as possible out of yourself.   Smiles will follow!

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
6,662 posts
25,738 battles

I do like mine. It is a fun ship and so-accurate!

AA is the best at the tier too.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,359 posts
12,147 battles

Yub-yub is a real hoot. Always brings a smile. I've added a bit of zest to mine by putting Yamamato on her. Tracers arcing thru the air and a couple battles where fireworks lit the sky. Refreshing!

Members
3,787 posts
14,062 battles

Thank you for the reminder. I aint played Yubari in a while so I dusted her off and am driving her. I'd forgotten how much fun she is to drive!  :cap_like:

Does anyone use IFHE on Yubari?

Edited by ReddNekk

[BB22]
Members
142 posts
22,449 battles
29 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Thank you for the reminder. I aint played Yubari in a while so I dusted her off and am driving her. I'd forgotten how much fun she is to drive!  :cap_like:

Does anyone use IFHE on Yubari?

Yes I use ifhe in it. It only helps a little, more damage to center section deck armor of ijn bbs tier 3&4. 

Sign in to follow this