Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skavies

Very disappointed in the year's premium "sale"

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

11
[SYKO]
Members
42 posts
5,684 battles

(I mean the sale for 360 days of premium time, not the rest of what went on sale-edited this in to fix confusion that seems to be happening below).

 

I believe a year of premium when it's not on sale is about 100 dollars US currency.  There were a lot of complaints during the Thanks Giving sale about it needing to be 50% off, and players saying "wait for the Christmas sale".  It seems like you sorta paid attention because now we have a 51% off, but it's for premium and a pile of nice but overly expensive flags.  If this wasn't enough of an insult to my (or should I say our-meaning the player base) intelligence, you decide to stamp "Bonus" in front of the flags like you are giving them free instead of packaging them to grab more money.

If you had said something like 20% off and then left the "Bonus" flags there, it would end up being the same thing, and not make me feel like you are a lying bunch of money grubbing jerks.  I guess my issue is the 50% off and claiming the flags are a bonus when they are not a bonus, or the 50% off part is a flat out lie because a month of premium is 13 dollars which even if there's no discount for purchasing a year over 12 months would be cheaper than the claimed price before the 51% discount, so I know that's not right.

even with this tirade, I likely will buy it before the sale ends, but I'm hoping you add in a separate year of premium sale without the padding or at least change something in it so it's not lying to us.

Edited by Skavies
  • Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,991 battles

The last two weeks I anxiously awaited Friday to see what the "Deals" were going to be. I had the wallet open and ready to spend money.

Then I saw what they were offering, and the wallet closed again both times. Sigh... Maybe next week...

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
432
[WOLF9]
Members
3,256 posts
13 minutes ago, SergeantHop said:

There's a button for Santa crates in the PT. Give it time, boys, they year isn't over yet.

  That's what I'm waiting for.   Last year, I got silly amounts of premium time out of them, not to mention premium camos.   I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Special signals are included this year- I'm very, very low on some of them, and they're invaluable for grinding ships/captains.

 

  If I happen to get one of the premiums I passed on this year, I won't cry about it.

  I could be tempted to buy some of the camos they're also selling right now.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
133
[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
657 posts
8,003 battles

They'll be more stuff for the holidays.  That 12 month premium sale runs till after the 1st of the year.  We may be hosed for that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
381
[SALTY]
[SALTY]
Members
258 posts
4,623 battles

Hold your horses, this isn't ALL they are offering for the holidays right now. Wait for 0.6.15 next week and they will have the goodies you're looking for.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,991 battles
18 minutes ago, Viper069 said:

They'll be more stuff for the holidays.  That 12 month premium sale runs till after the 1st of the year.  We may be hosed for that one.

I got about 250 days of prem time in santa crates last year....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,991 battles
1 minute ago, SinisterSe7en said:

Its a bit quick to call time of death on this issue, fellas.

Not saying it's not going to happen, but most other games have already offered December deals. The more I spend on those games, the less money is left over for WG...

Simple math...

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
65
[WFR]
Members
433 posts
Just now, Thraxian said:

Not saying it's not going to happen, but most other games have already offered December deals. The more I spend on those games, the less money is left over for WG...

Simple math...

I'm sure WG is gravely concerned for your spending habits lol.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,991 battles
20 minutes ago, SinisterSe7en said:

I'm sure WG is gravely concerned for your spending habits lol.

Probably as concerned as I am about your opinions.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,827
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Well actually.. timing one's sales to be released with others or even slightly before is a smart thing, for the exact reason specified. Most money spent on games is discretionary money; what's leftover after paying the necessities. A whole lot of competition out there for gamer money, a lot. The reasoning, the logic is sound. 

Personally thought it would start on the 13th of December... and go for 12 days.. patch day and all... only they'll know how it goes when the year ends. But yea... "waiting" may not be the wisest thing when trying to get people to spend before the holiday(s). 

OTOH... they may be hoping to "cash in" on all the gift card money trading hands on and after Christmas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,796
Members
9,985 posts
1 hour ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

  That's what I'm waiting for.   Last year, I got silly amounts of premium time out of them, not to mention premium camos.   I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Special signals are included this year- I'm very, very low on some of them, and they're invaluable for grinding ships/captains.

 

  If I happen to get one of the premiums I passed on this year, I won't cry about it.

  I could be tempted to buy some of the camos they're also selling right now.

 

I find it amusing that so many people are waiting for Santa Crates. Do you really think they will drop stuff like last year?

Everything WG has done in the last year has all about more work, less rewards, expecting the Santa crates to be as good as last year seems premature....:cap_hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,991 battles
12 hours ago, awiggin said:

 

I find it amusing that so many people are waiting for Santa Crates. Do you really think they will drop stuff like last year?

Everything WG has done in the last year has all about more work, less rewards, expecting the Santa crates to be as good as last year seems premature....:cap_hmm:

I guess it depends somewhat on how much money they are making from the new Steam users....

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DEP]
Members
172 posts
13,575 battles

Pretty pissed off that they jacked up the 360 day premium to include the "premium" flags...at double the cost of what the 360 was last year. screw that. I was gonna throw at quick 50 to renew my 360 membership...not wasting another 50 of flags i dont need....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×