Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DOCTOR_RIGGLET

I hereby declare the Shenyang as acceptable.

15 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
4,674 battles

Great stats, but WG pampers you by keeping a balance of those useless never ending smoke machines  vs  all other DD's.....

Beta Testers
3,585 posts
4,261 battles
17 minutes ago, __Bonkers__ said:

Great stats, but WG pampers you by keeping a balance of those useless never ending smoke machines vs all other DD's.....

Huh? What is smoke? 

l.jpg

[CK5]
Members
802 posts
6,530 battles

Yep, the Shenyang is very good.  I am trying all the DD lines for the first time and the Shenyang really impresses at Tier 4.  

[NDA]
Supertester
4,838 posts
13,778 battles

Wait till you get the Gadjah Mada, a little monster that is worth the grind. I will pick fights with T8 destroyers for the challenge. 

I'm at the ChungMu right now and once you get the Torps the ships starts preforming. Than get the B Hull for a great time. 

[-GPS-]
Members
2,536 posts
24,992 battles

I love just saying the name GADJAH MADA!!!

Shenyang is a lot of fun, but it lacks the ability to stealth torp which would make it the Tier 4 equivalent of the pre-nerf Gremyaschy. Now it’s “just”a strong contender against Isyaslav and Clemson.  Even Isokaze is one heck of a good ship in the right hands, but now it has 3 predators. 

Beta Testers
3,585 posts
4,261 battles
1 hour ago, Landing_Skipper said:

I love just saying the name GADJAH MADA!!!

Shenyang is a lot of fun, but it lacks the ability to stealth torp which would make it the Tier 4 equivalent of the pre-nerf Gremyaschy. Now it’s “just”a strong contender against Isyaslav and Clemson. Even Isokaze is one heck of a good ship in the right hands, but now it has 3 predators.

Well, it CAN stealth torp - not sure were your information comes from.

Torpedo range (lowest /w upgraded torps) is 6.4km, concealment with CE is 5.7km

That's enough to stealth torp in my book.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,536 posts
24,992 battles
7 hours ago, aether_tech said:

My apologies - it can barely stealth torp with Concealment Expert.

Isokaze has a 1.7 km stealth torp buffer (7 km torps and 5.3 km detection).  The Gremy almost has a 3 km stealth topping window. 

Besides, my point is that Shenyang is a strong Tier 4 DD. A big stealth topping window would make her stupidly OP.  

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,078 battles

Before I used Shenyang I watched a Flamu vid where he said bye bye Clemson, or whatever to that effect.  I must concur.  Yet another rare US ship at the top of something has been usurped.  Minekaze with US guns and fast flood causing torps, lol.  The guns alone are enough.

Beta Testers
3,585 posts
4,261 battles

In terms of sheer gunboat potential, and rushing BB's with torps, the Clemson still wins, in fact, the izy is still better than the Shen. But the Shen is the only one of the three that has good guns, and torps that exceed it's detection range. Which makes it the better boat on average as it can more easily influence the game from concealment with it's torps in ways the gunboats can't without islands and dumb enemies.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
992 posts
8,993 battles
On 12/17/2017 at 6:52 PM, BullHalsey said:

Before I used Shenyang I watched a Flamu vid where he said bye bye Clemson, or whatever to that effect.  I must concur.  Yet another rare US ship at the top of something has been usurped.  Minekaze with US guns and fast flood causing torps, lol.  The guns alone are enough.

I wouldn’t say it’s overall better, just better at torping. The Clemson still beats it when contesting caps and pure gun power. 

Members
821 posts
3,891 battles

H

On 12/17/2017 at 11:36 AM, aether_tech said:

With CE the Sheng Yang ought to be a little Kracken Maker. Once that ship clicks for you turns she into a monster boat even w/o a 10 point cpt.

Just sold mine , got the XP for the next one, considered keeping her, but  after the last 2-3 games the challenge was gone. The last 2 games made me feel like I was cheating, felt so dirty.  :fish_viking:Have not even pointed out my 6 point capt yet, kinda waiting on 10 point somewhere in the Pan line. prolly at that Gagjah boat

Sign in to follow this