Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chobittsu

Space Battleship Yamato 2202 - Part 4

19 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Sees this as reminder to begin watching 2202. :Smile_hiding:

[FOXEH]
Members
3,364 posts
12,198 battles

I remember going late to class to watch the original Star Blazers. Then I just skipped class...

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
34 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Dammit Desler!!!! Why won't you DIE!!!

SPOILERS! :Smile_sceptic:

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,583 posts
12 hours ago, WolfofWarship said:

That's quite the explosive trailer! Love the main guys hair! What's the show about? It looks epic!

Surprised you never heard of Space Battleship Yamato, it's pretty much Japan's Star Trek, here's all 7 trailers for the reboot series

Basic overview of the series:
Earth is ****ed. Aliens have been bombing it to the point that the oceans are gone, the vegetation is dust, cities are vapour, everyone left lives underground. The fleet is shattered and humanity will be extinct in about a year.
But some space pretty is all like "Hey I hear you're having a bad day, come on over to Starsha's Planet-Saving Device Emporium and we can cut you a deal! Here's the plans for an engine that will get one of your derpy lil ships all the way out to my galaxy~" but the UNCF is all like "But we don't have any ships left...". But then, some guy in the back of the room is like "Hey... I have an idea... just might work...."
And so they take the rusted-out hulk of the Japanese Battleship Yamato, stick a new engine in it, give her a new paint-job, some sick new rims and BAM! Space Battleship Yamato!

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,182 battles
16 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

And so they take the rusted-out hulk of the Japanese Battleship Yamato, stick a new engine in it, give her a new paint-job, some sick new rims and BAM! Space Battleship Yamato!

Actually @Chobittsu in the reboot they didn't build her in Yamato, it was just camouflage. The reboot Yamato is about 100 m longer then the real Yamato (this can been seen most clearly with the bow shape it's much sharper) and Yamato is in two pieces. In the original it was built in the Yamato because it was assumed at the time that she sank in one piece (like the Titanic) after the show was made it was found in two pieces due to a magazine detonation that occurred as she sank. This was actually used to great effect as the ship was made less cramped and the engineering spaces made more logical and visual sense (several people had noted that the original Space Battleship Yamato's bridge was too big to look correct on the ship). Surprisingly it is not the only refrence to the original series, there are in fact several call-backs to it (mostly on the Gamillas side of the story) as well as expansion on ideas that were never explored in the original which is why myself and many others love it. Oh @Chobittsu and @WolfofWarship if you want to see her in-game check out Aslains modpack, there is a Space Battleship Yamato skin. It's a bit blocky but all the details are there including the Wave Motion Gun (dosn't fire though sadly :Smile_sad:).

Edited by Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi
Mobile phone. Editing was required.
  • Cool 1

[SOUP]
7,583 posts
1 minute ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

I'm well aware, I'm just condensing it to its simplest abridged form   xD

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,182 battles
Just now, Chobittsu said:

I'm well aware, I'm just condensing it to its simplest abridged form   xD

Fair enough, still suggest looking at the Space Battleship Yamato skin in Aslains modpack. It is really quite good. Again a bit blocky but the details are there.

1,542 posts
26 battles
16 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

Surprised you never heard of Space Battleship Yamato, it's pretty much Japan's Star Trek, here's all 7 trailers for the reboot series

Basic overview of the series:
Earth is ****ed. Aliens have been bombing it to the point that the oceans are gone, the vegetation is dust, cities are vapour, everyone left lives underground. The fleet is shattered and humanity will be extinct in about a year.
But some space pretty is all like "Hey I hear you're having a bad day, come on over to Starsha's Planet-Saving Device Emporium and we can cut you a deal! Here's the plans for an engine that will get one of your derpy lil ships all the way out to my galaxy~" but the UNCF is all like "But we don't have any ships left...". But then, some guy in the back of the room is like "Hey... I have an idea... just might work...."

That sounds like an interesting story, must give it a go. Is it dubbed/subbed? Any recommendations of streaming sites?

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,182 battles
1 minute ago, WolfofWarship said:

That sounds like an interesting story, must give it a go. Is it dubbed/subbed? Any recommendations of streaming sites?

There are subbed versions and Funimation is doing a Dub, however;

1.it isn't done yet.

2. It's Funimation you need to pay at my last check only the first two episodes are free right now.

3. I don't think they have the rights for the in-canon movie Odyssey of the Celestial Ark. and

4. I'm certain they don't have the rights to the sequel series 2202.

As for streaming sites? My streaming app Anime Tube Universal has it with the 9Anime source (both series and the in-canon movie).

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,182 battles

Not sure if it falls under 'off-topic' but I thought I post them anyway; some Space Battleship Yamato gifs from the reaction gif thread (it is how the show looks so I guess it is still technically on-topic).

iVHA9mm.gif

H5yJU1k.gif

txXjcLZ.gif

066rhNg.gif

ThHwJlH.gif

sgKfeh5.gif

and some normal ones from online;

K50eoGn.gif

6d859073ace83fd6974dbe2d12a3c92f.gif

Do+a+barrel+roll+yamato_84ba82_4648157.g

Think the reference here is obvious.

tumblr_n4k3k8ba5j1rwv2mgo1_400.gif

There are several others but they are either A) inappropriate or B) they spoil the most awesome weapon on BBY-01.

[SOUP]
7,583 posts
Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,182 battles
[SOUP]
7,583 posts
2 hours ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Don't have 2202 though......

*points at last two links...*

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,238 posts
4,807 battles

Well alrighty then! Off we go to Iskandar! Looks like another must watch..

Sign in to follow this