You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bigman123_2017

False teamkill in Coop

17 comments in this topic

Members
25 posts
2,646 battles

Hello, 

Got a weird stuff this morning. I was playing Coop on CV. Close to the end of battle I started to get team kill warning and CV started to receive damage and was destroyed at the end. It was NO ships near CV at all and all planes were landed. No torpedoes was fired at least 3 minutes before it. In the after battle report it was shown team damage to one of the friendly BB, but it never happened. 
I was given Teamkill penalty for 97 battles. It's crazy. Please remove it.

It happened in the battle Two Brothers Dec 15 10:49 PST.

Here is a few screenshots. Please note that on detailed damage screen, total damage is 33K,  but teamkill damage is shown at 53K, which is crazy.

Please remove TK status from my account and prevent similar incidents in the future.

Thank you5a3422de484a8_Image4.thumb.jpg.d9b3da3dfcafc5aa9f6ba2ba9624787c.jpg5a342303882f0_Image7.thumb.jpg.45aaa99bd5e6bb821c714b4c45154129.jpg

Edited by Bigman123_2017
  • Boring 1

Members
9,958 posts

No replay.....No proof.

And hovering over the pink ship would have told you exactly how you killed it.:Smile_teethhappy:

Team damage does not get added to your damage total....you don't get rewarded for it....:Smile_teethhappy:

And how many times have you been pink...does that really say you need 97 games to work it off? :Smile_amazed:

Edited by awiggin

[POP]
Members
1,234 posts
8,228 battles

Send in a support ticket, not here. 

That screenshot shows some weirdness. 

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,981 posts
9,916 battles

If you still have the ability ; a screenshot of you hovering over the team killed BB which will show detailed damage done to that BB . It would be helpful . in determining what happened . A replay would be even better .

Also I believe that 97 K total team damage is the adding of your CV's Hit Points as the reflected damage .

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
420 posts
12,951 battles

You TK damage is for the damage to the friendly MO (53.3K) plus the TK penalty damage (43.7K).  So your TK damage is correct (97K.)  The 33K damage is the damage you did to enemy ships.  The penalty damage is reflected damage after you received TK status. Reflected damage is probably what sank you. 

NOTE:  You do not need to sink a friendly ship to get TK status.  You can get TK status for accumulated damage to friendly ships.

Edited by HamptonRoads

[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts

You probably started a fire or flood on the ally with an errant drop. Without a replay its impossible to prove. The total TK damage includes the reflected damage you did to yourself. You'll notice that the screen shows you killed yourself due to the reflected damage.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,401 posts
9,561 battles

1st page battle report shows name in pink. 

I believe that only happens if player was already pink when this incident happened.

Entire damage amount to the Ranger was reflected till sunk.  That points even more toward existing pink-ness.

That's a big hole to climb out of.  Good luck.

[SALVO]
Members
17,034 posts
17,659 battles
50 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

You probably started a fire or flood on the ally with an errant drop. Without a replay its impossible to prove. The total TK damage includes the reflected damage you did to yourself. You'll notice that the screen shows you killed yourself due to the reflected damage.

Probably true.  And while I get a sense that this person probably deserves a TK penalty, I really don't like the idea of team damage due to DoT's (i.e. fire or flood), because friendlies with a mean streak will often just let the DoT run its course, just because they know they'll take none of the damage (if the person is already pink) or it'll cause the friendly to turn pink.  I also don't like reflected damage due to ramming  because IMO it (A) encourages friendlies to intentionally ram pink players or (B) it causes pink players to play a lot less aggressively if they're having to stay away from any team mates.

I personally would like to see friendly damage due to fire, flooding, or ramming removed.

• Cool 2

Members
9,958 posts
46 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

97 games to work off team killer status? You are a serial killer if that isn't a glitch. :Smile_teethhappy:

Based on what I'm seeing here, there seems to be an issue. Nearly all the stats are headed south, so that 97 games may be reality.....:Smile_amazed:

ebCP4jj.png

• Funny 1

Members
25 posts
2,646 battles

Thank you for replies guys, 

Yep, I've been pink 2 days ago. Unwittingly sunk my teammate by torps, got about 25 pinks.

Don't have detailed stats anymore and had no idea that hoovering can give more details. Anyway, opened a ticket, will see...

97 pinks indeed is a big hole :-). Even if I did real damage to TM,  punishment is too much in my books.

I need to find out how to record a replay, could be useful next time,

PS. I switched from CV to DD a few days ago, that's why statistic went south. I'll improve sooner or later :-). This is my 3rd week in WoW.

Edited by Bigman123_2017

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

Just admit it OP you team killed a friendly ship.  Not only that ON CO OP of all places.  Not cool.  As said no replay no proof equals you team killed.

• Bad 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,018 posts
8,124 battles

There is a basic point the TK system is trying to make that hasn't been mentioned in this thread: don't fire torps (or any ordinance) in a direction if there is any possibility a friendly ship could get hit.  I have died more than once due to holding fire. And been pink more than once from not holding fire or not paying attention.

Situational awareness is a very important skill in WOWS.

Members
25 posts
2,646 battles
1 hour ago, 0crazy8s0 said:

Just admit it OP you team killed a friendly ship.  Not only that ON CO OP of all places.  Not cool.  As said no replay no proof equals you team killed.

Could be, I am not saying "no". I died from the friendly torps a few times too. Just wondering, how I managed to do 53K TM damage without even noticing it, while all my planes managed to do only 35K for the full battle.  It should have been nuke torp or bomb :-).

[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,850 battles
On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 2:02 AM, ExploratorOne said:

There is a basic point the TK system is trying to make that hasn't been mentioned in this thread: don't fire torps (or any ordinance) in a direction if there is any possibility a friendly ship could get hit.  I have died more than once due to holding fire. And been pink more than once from not holding fire or not paying attention.

Situational awareness is a very important skill in WOWS.

Agreed. I use binoc vision only to aim and fire. Rest of time I play above my vehicle. I get hit from time to time by TM torps, usually towards the end of their run. My fault. TM's who run into 'friendly' torps five seconds or more after they have been fired should not generate TK status for 'offending' ship.

[LOU1]
Members
3,018 posts
8,124 battles

Hmmm, ,my last pink was from forgetting Benson torps take a loooong time to get to 9.2km at their sea mine speed.  Had been playing a lot of German BBs with fast 6km torps.