You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Cursed Ship

38 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,032 posts
8,285 battles

Well, after Shokaku, I thought it'd be the only cursed ship.

Now, after 3 straight losses this morning in my George, I'm thinking I got another contender. Only 5 battles total in her so far, but maybe 45 more battles I'll have a better idea. How early does it take anyway to figure if a ship's definitely cursed?

Really funny, the idea that "watch for that tree!" turned into "watch out for taters!"

Oh well, fair seas fellow captains!

Members
1,459 posts
12,365 battles

Cursed judgements are reserved when you are done grinding a ship. My worst was the Cleveland, only 17 games, had good damage numbers and kills, but just about every match was bottom tier on some terrible teams, 32% win percentage.  Liked the ship, and wanted to keep, but after finishing the grind sold it ( had a 52% win rate in Pensi, which I liked much less).

[WOLF3]
Members
6,480 posts
2,422 battles

Well, ghostly apparitions on the bridge, in the engine room, and sitting on the head are good indications.  Seen anything weird yet?

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,426 battles
7 minutes ago, Panzer1113 said:

My worst was the Cleveland, only 17 games, had good damage numbers and kills, but just about every match was bottom tier on some terrible teams, 32% win percentage.

Clevelands are tasty. Who takes a tier 6 cruise without torps into battle?

th?id=OIP.8wg-jZ7S2deoiFsW-F3eJQEyDL&pidth?id=OIP.yDhwDFhTGBGzl6Rp68-vKAEsEd&pidth?id=OIP.8wg-jZ7S2deoiFsW-F3eJQEyDL&pid  This Guy.

Members
4,569 posts
6,516 battles
50 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

th?id=OIP.8wg-jZ7S2deoiFsW-F3eJQEyDL&pidth?id=OIP.yDhwDFhTGBGzl6Rp68-vKAEsEd&pidth?id=OIP.8wg-jZ7S2deoiFsW-F3eJQEyDL&pid  This Guy.

I am on the verge of selling my Cleveland. Big target and draws a lotta focus fire.  No torps. It can do great but it's tricky and I have not done so well in it at all. BUT in some games I have done great...but she's kinda weird. 

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
53 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Cleve used to rule the seas with absolute authority. Before every other ship that was introduced had torps and smoke.   They still have a place though.  They are beasts in the Scenario games if you AA spec them and held their own in the T6 ranked battles.  The regular game play may have passed her by a bit, but never underestimate a Cleve and if you are a CV driver you better take note of where she is....or you will be short more than a few planes. You can't get out and be seen like you used to, but she has a great fire chance and a fast fire rate to go along.  With the "Sea Gull" Captain you can switch from HE to AP almost instantly. 

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,193 posts
11,707 battles

Cursed ships is mental.  My Fletcher is probably my best example.  Once upon a time, I was cruising around with over a 60% win rate in it and felt very comfortable.  Then I lost a game.  No matter, I do well in this thing, I'll get the next one.  Loss.  man, I never lose that many in a row, I am bound to win the next one.  7 straight losses later, I finally won.  The next day I lost 8 straight in it.  Now, I am completely gunshy in it and have zero confidence.  Not having confidence in the ability to win with a ship will kill a player's ability to win with that ship.

• Cool 2

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

My cursed ship is Gearing.  I just can't do anything right in it.  I don't get it.  Plays similar to the 52, which I do pretty well in by my standards, and the Gearing looks like it should be better....but for the life of me I simply get "smoked" at the start of every game in her.  Bad luck maybe as I don't have a lot of games in it.  Too frustrated to even run it. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, crzyhawk said:

Cursed ships is mental.  My Fletcher is probably my best example.  Once upon a time, I was cruising around with over a 60% win rate in it and felt very comfortable.  Then I lost a game.  No matter, I do well in this thing, I'll get the next one.  Loss.  man, I never lose that many in a row, I am bound to win the next one.  7 straight losses later, I finally won.  The next day I lost 8 straight in it.  Now, I am completely gunshy in it and have zero confidence.  Not having confidence in the ability to win with a ship will kill a player's ability to win with that ship.

This is a good point...

Beta Testers
284 posts
4,395 battles
1 hour ago, Reymu said:

Well, after Shokaku, I thought it'd be the only cursed ship.

Now, after 3 straight losses this morning in my George, I'm thinking I got another contender. Only 5 battles total in her so far, but maybe 45 more battles I'll have a better idea. How early does it take anyway to figure if a ship's definitely cursed?

Really funny, the idea that "watch for that tree!" turned into "watch out for taters!"

Oh well, fair seas fellow captains!

I understand your frustration but keep in mind it is only 5 battles. Give it some time and remember sometime we can't control the team we are placed on or the players we are playing with. Matchmaker is your friend. Lol :cap_like: I don't think you're cursed. Good luck and tell me if you still think you're cursed after 50 battles in it.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
6 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

You can't get out and be seen like you used to, but she has a great fire chance and a fast fire rate to go along.  With the "Sea Gull" Captain you can switch from HE to AP almost instantly. 

Agreed. Cleve was an early cursed boat for me.... sold it and left the line when I had about 2000 battles total. Went back at it a couple weeks ago now that I have more experience and I'm really enjoying it. Looking forward to it going back up to tier VIII. I'd like to get Seagal to 19 points before Cleve gets moved... and maybe just park him in the DM and get it over with. 

Edited by ENO75

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, ENO75 said:

Agreed. Cleve was an early cursed boat for me.... sold it and left the line when I had about 2000 battles total. Went back at a couple weeks ago now that I have more experience and I'm really enjoying it. Looking forward to it going back up to tier VIII. I'd like to get Seagal to 19 points before Cleve gets moved... and maybe just park him in the DM and get it over with. 

Cleve was one of my favorite ships when I first started playing.  I used to roll around in her a lot and did fairly well in her considering my relative inexperience in the game.  Loved watching those DD's and CA's just run for their lives when the Cleve popped up on  them.  But there weren't a whole lot of ship lines back then.

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,426 battles
2 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Cleve used to rule the seas with absolute authority. Before every other ship that was introduced had torps and smoke.   They still have a place though.  They are beasts in the Scenario games if you AA spec them and held their own in the T6 ranked battles.  The regular game play may have passed her by a bit, but never underestimate a Cleve and if you are a CV driver you better take note of where she is....or you will be short more than a few planes. You can't get out and be seen like you used to, but she has a great fire chance and a fast fire rate to go along.  With the "Sea Gull" Captain you can switch from HE to AP almost instantly. 

You are correct. A really good captain in her with the right specs is dangerous. Most aren't though. Point in case here. Everyone hates the Krasny Crap. I watched a video on how to use it and spec it out. I have a 19 point captain in her for some kind of event we had and you had to have a tier 5 ship from each nation. Practiced in coop for about 30 games. She turned into a fire breathing little bi$%H. Won the award on the last night with that ship.

Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles

These days I'd argue my cursed ship is the Belfast, but in reality I just suck. It doesn't click with me and may or may not be as aggressive as I should be.  

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, Ghostdog1355 said:

You are correct. A really good captain in her with the right specs is dangerous. Most aren't though. Point in case here. Everyone hates the Krasny Crap. I watched a video on how to use it and spec it out. I have a 19 point captain in her for some kind of event we had and you had to have a tier 5 ship from each nation. Practiced in coop for about 30 games. She turned into a fire breathing little bi$%H. Won the award on the last night with that ship.

I bought the Krispy Kreme as a gift for my kid on his account when it came out.  I played in a few times and never did much in it.  He plays it and does really well..even with a low point Capt.  

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,426 battles
Just now, CaptGodzillaPig said:

I bought the Krispy Kreme as a gift for my kid on his account when it came out.  I played in a few times and never did much in it.  He plays it and does really well..even with a low point Capt.  

It's probably the hardest ship I've played. I'm not good in dds honestly. You ever had that feeling going into the round you are at best mid tiered? Then you smoke butt in an underachieving ship? Not like taking a bb into battle. I fear no one there. Krasny though, like my granddad used to say "I feel like a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs and huntin' dogs".

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,426 battles
4 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

I thought this was going to be about the Black Pearl.

Just had to.

th?id=OIP.CgygmLjf6Mfk_pZrU9a3xgEsDQ&pid

[5IN]
Members
1,792 posts
8,144 battles
43 minutes ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Matchmaker is your friend. Lol :cap_like:

LOL... kool-aid much? :Smile_hiding: (no offense, just found this rather amusing)

46 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

This is 100% true.  It's all mental.  Though there are some ships that just dont "click", and therefore feel like a struggle to play.  Not "cursed" per-se, but just not fun.

b

[CVA16]
Members
2,303 posts
9,888 battles

My cursed ship is the Texas, which is SUPPOSED TO BE a pretty decent ship. Hell of a time winning a game in that thing when I got her, even when I had a good game personally. Down below a 25% win rate at one point in 20+ games. Think I've worked it up to 40% now.

Edited by Sabot_100

Members
322 posts
6,070 battles
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

lol, I have been having the same luck lately with my Fletcher. Seemed like as soon as I got close to unlocking the Gearing, it was like pulling teeth to get a win in it.  I will grant sometimes it was my fault, I'm by no means an expert. Other times, it was literally like RNG flipped a switch and nothing I did mattered.  Saturation damage, ships gaining magic armor when under 500 hp health,  shells flying dead on, then suddenly raining down all AROUND a target. Contest a cap, and have to dodge team mates torps. I spent one match, with a Shokaku sending all his planes after me, almost the entire match.  Really thought my A and D keys were going to break with that much dodging. Good for the team, but bad for me lol. Been having a ton of fun in the new Gadjah Mada, so we'll see if the "curse" is contagious.

[CVA16]
Members
2,303 posts
9,888 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

The ship I curse the most is Myogi.  (that P.o.S

The ship you curse is not the same as a cursed ship:cap_haloween: