You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
__crazy8s_

Does the team killer rules and guidelines need an overhaul?

Should players be turned pink if?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should a player immediately turn PINK if a friendly fires his guns or torps at a team mate in the first say 1 minute of the match?

• Yes
    • No
    • Definitely

26 comments in this topic

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

Frankly I believe that its time that Wargaming Developers Moderators and Staff need to do an overhaul on a team killers status.   Apparently pink is becoming the new green in the game now a days.  No one seems to care as much if they go pink anymore.  Yes it is annoying being pink I've been there before done that got the t-shirt.  I'm sure at some point many of us have.

Am I the best player in this game absolutely not.  But I will not go and shoot a team mate in the first minute of the match.  I have a pitch I don't know how this would work but if a player shoots a friendly ship with in say the first minute mark of the game.  They should immediately go pink.  Not due to damage but lets call it say STUPIDITY.  Yea there are bad players good players out there.  But people like that degrade the game.  

Depending on your ship you play it could from one friendly salvo take away more than half of your hit points instantly.  Depending on if the other player has High Explosive Ammunition or Armor Piercing Ammunition loaded into their deck guns.  Frankly if you get shot like I said with in the first minute or so that player who shot should instantly go pink.

I for one am sick and tired of players doing dumb crap like shooting friendly ships.  I can understand accidentals and accidental torpedo releases.  I can completely understand that.  But seriously firing at your team mate just because you can.  Wrong answer.  So I've also put a poll up on this as well.  But I do believe its time for a change.  Like I said I am not the greatest player in the game, but at least I wont go and friendly fire on you.

Edited by 0crazy8s0

[PSP]
Members
6,307 posts
8,927 battles

Somebody was shot a bit at me yesterday. I asked him if he was trying to kill me and he said that no, he was just bored. He then started shooting at a town. I told him to "think of the children." He said "It's OK, they have all been evacuated."  

• Funny 1

[SF-3]
Members
1,536 posts
8,138 battles

Does the system need an overhaul, yes, but not as you described. All FF damage should be reflected back to the attacker, end of story.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
5 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

Does the system need an overhaul, yes, but not as you described. All FF damage should be reflected back to the attacker, end of story.

Frankly no if a player does friendly fire on you they should instantly go pink no ifs ands or buts about it.  They are purposely shooting a friendly ship.  Punishment needs to change because players don't get how serious of a factor it is to that match.  If someone on your team does damage to a player it can cost that team the match in some cases depending on the player.

• Cool 1

[-KELP]
Members
42 posts
1,952 battles

I try to never hurt a team-mate. But sometimes they turn into your torpedo's, or in front of you (especially at start of battle.) The smaller ship guys don't seem to know a WWI battleship can't turn on a dime?

It's far too easy to get "pink'ed." I wish there was a way to determine if it's deliberate or accidental. That would solve the problem...

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

What I would like to see is people who are pink get 50% taken off their rewards for the duration of their pink-ness. 

And yes, I've been pink recently and as a result of a stupid mistake on my part. I'd have been fine with that penalty. Most just duck into coop to ride it out and they're already taking a bit of a hit in rewards by doing that so 50% isn't a big deal. 

Better yet- 1st pink you get 25% reward taken off. 2nd could be 50%. 3rd 75% and 4th would be a day ban. 5th could be a week ban- or whatever. 

But nobody even cares about being pink anymore. You put on your dunce cap for 5 games or so and then move on. There's no additional penalty. I had 4 pink guys on my team the other day- not to mention the fact that there were probably a couple on the other side. 

This proliferation of pink suggests that people aren't taking the friendly fire seriously and aren't taking the same precautions they would to avoid friendly fire if the punishments were more severe.

It reminds me of people not paying attention while they're driving... texting... watching videos... taking videos etc. I guaranty that if cars were designed to hurt people when they crashed that you wouldn't need ad campaigns begging people to drive diligently.  Driver's side spike belts, exploding seatbelt de-tensioners... static non-crumple zones... Yeah, people would pay attention alright. 

Reducing credit and XP rewards... actually applying 50% (or relative) penalties on captain skills?... Oh yeah, now we're talking. 

[MIA-A]
Members
2,124 posts
6,790 battles
1 minute ago, ENO75 said:

What I would like to see is people who are pink get 50% taken off their rewards for the duration of their pink-ness. 

That would encourage pink players starting games and then just going AFK even more than now..

• Bad 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

I can understand accidental mishaps they happen yes.  But being turned pink instantly at the start of the match if a friendly player was shot by a team mate, well that would just help to elevate that type of behavior from players.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
9 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

That would encourage pink players starting games and then just going AFK even more than now..

More people just need to get in the habit of bumping into them on the way by. 

• Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
1 minute ago, ENO75 said:

More people just need to get in the habit of bumping into them on the way by. 

That does not solve the problem what so ever.  Not only that it  provokes players and gets their blood boiling un necessary.

[PSP]
Members
6,307 posts
8,927 battles
4 minutes ago, centarina said:

funny one is where team mate shoots at another for fun and cause  a Detonation:cap_haloween:  karma baby

I once saw a division that were all in the same clan goofing around a game start. One of them fired a single shell at another one in jest and detonated him on the spot. I should have saved the recording as it was one of the more hilarious things I've seen in the game. 

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I once saw a division that were all in the same clan goofing around a game start. One of them fired a single shell at another one in jest and detonated him on the spot. I should have saved the recording as it was one of the more hilarious things I've seen in the game. 

I've seen CV players commit suicide at the start of the match but that derives from the original point to the topic.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
8 minutes ago, 0crazy8s0 said:

That does not solve the problem what so ever.  Not only that it  provokes players and gets their blood boiling un necessary.

So now you give a crap about what pink AFK players think? 

Edited by ENO75

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
Just now, ENO75 said:

So now you give a crap about what pink AFK players think? 

AFK players again that derives from the original point of the topic.  I am not discussing people who decide to go AFK here.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
Just now, ENO75 said:

Okay... 

You talk about people going pink immediately and changing the TK penalty system. I said add penalties to being pink. A guy said that would increase pink AFKs. I said hit them going by to extend them getting pink. You said that doesn't solve anything like your suggestion to make them turn pink right away does. 

I think I'm just going to avoid your topics from now on. You're a [edited]brain surgeon and WAY too deep for me. 

I am reporting this post stop trying to derail my thread and take it off topic please.

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,897 posts
10,471 battles

Frankly as long as you pay attention you'll never go pink. If someone decides be a special snowflake and start purposely damaging you don't retaliate as it will give them satisfaction. 

[OPG]
2,897 posts
10,471 battles
34 minutes ago, 0crazy8s0 said:

Frankly no if a player does friendly fire on you they should instantly go pink no ifs ands or buts about it.  They are purposely shooting a friendly ship.  Punishment needs to change because players don't get how serious of a factor it is to that match.  If someone on your team does damage to a player it can cost that team the match in some cases depending on the player.

Here's a thought, something that would be far easier. You ready for this? 

Remove Friendly Fire 

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,413 posts
9,589 battles

The original question about firing guns in the first minute....

Never happened to me but..  How often am I looking at my team-mates through the scope view to see if they are flying flags or such.

Either that or...  'Holy Cow!  It's the Roma !!!'..    

Fortunately, my cat never jumped up on the desk at that moment and sent a pixelated shell off towards what I'm looking at.

If that DID happen..  No pinkness for something this harmless please.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
7 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

The original question about firing guns in the first minute....

Never happened to me but..  How often am I looking at my team-mates through the scope view to see if they are flying flags or such.

Either that or...  'Holy Cow!  It's the Roma !!!'..    

Fortunately, my cat never jumped up on the desk at that moment and sent a pixelated shell off towards what I'm looking at.

If that DID happen..  No pinkness for something this harmless please.

A cat jumping on a keyboard or mouse yea sometimes that's just an act you sometimes can't prevent, but I am talking about the player who does this purposely and knowingly.  Especially if they purposely aim at you and push the button.

[ARGSY]
5,178 posts
18,924 battles

For those who do this at the start of the match: give them a few days time to think about it outside of the game. Fortunately this is rare, seen it only 2 or 3 times. One was a pink player in a Nürnberg that launched his torps the moment they were loaded into a BB at the left and right. I have also seen a few cases were pink player want to get rid of their status by yolo into the enemy to prevent that they may scratch a ship of the own team.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
22 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Remove Friendly Fire 

That would bring a problem with people just wanting to troll and shoot players knowingly because they can with out any punishment from it.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,413 posts
9,589 battles
7 minutes ago, 0crazy8s0 said:

That would bring a problem with people just wanting to troll and shoot players knowingly because they can with out any punishment from it.

You mean....   like what happens in SCENARIOS ???  

I'm pretty sure they did that to make Operations more fun, and take the pain out of it.

Couple times, after we've achieved all 5 objectives, folks would start shooting and torpedoing each other -- I'm cool with that.

----

As for Random and Co-Op mechanisms for detecting friendly-fire..  There is no 'The cat jumped my mouse; or 'I really mean it' fire buttons.  Friendly Fire is just that..  accident or not.

Want to play in a world without Friendly Fire or Detonations?  Scenarios are there for you.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,447 posts
3,875 battles

A change in team damage rules is needed, but not this change.

48 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Remove Friendly Fire 

Something more like this change is necessary.

24 minutes ago, 0crazy8s0 said:

And considering it causes absolutely no damage to the ally, why is this a problem? It's easily ignored, has no negative effect on the target, and doesn't reward the troll with any of the rage that is the incentive of trolling in the first place.

If this happens at all, it's a practice that would die out within days of the change. A week at most.

Not that friendly fire damage stops people from shooting each other now.

Edited by AraAragami

[SALVO]
Members
17,089 posts
17,754 battles
1 hour ago, 0crazy8s0 said:

AFK players again that derives from the original point of the topic.  I am not discussing people who decide to go AFK here.

Methinks you don't understand the meaning of the word "derives".  I think that you mean to say "deviates".