You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BlazerSparta

Whoever does promotional content at WG is really bad at their job.

8 comments in this topic

[NOVA]
Members
11,026 posts

Yet another featured video:

Key points:

- "Historical game". Really? The last thing we need is more history nerds demanding the game's balance be screwed to satisfy their history fetishes.

- "Strategy game". Ok?

- Specifically promoting carriers. Maybe you want to fix the damn things before you start shilling them out?

- "The historical ship Monarch is in the game". This is the second youtuber in a row I've seen use that line to promote WoWS. This is clearly a WG mistake, and not the youtubers' fault.

WG, get your crap together.

Edited by issm
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,798 posts
10,299 battles

30 'knotts' eh, that's a strange unit.

'The HMS' - WHY!

50 cals for dealing with landing boats attacking the ship? Are carriers likely to be subjected to amphibious assault?

US Helicopters still use depth charges in lieu of torpedoes? Strange.

Use a Nuclear Weapon? But not if you're China or Russia - I'm sure the UK, France, India, Pakistan and Israel will keep that in mind...

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,734 posts
3,490 battles
12 minutes ago, issm said:

Yet another featured video:

Key points:

- "Historical game". Really? The last thing we need is more history nerds demanding the game's balance be screwed to satisfy their history fetishes.

- "Strategy game". Ok?

- Specifically promoting carriers. Maybe you want to fix the damn things before you start shilling them out?

- "The historical ship Monarch is in the game". This is the second youtuber in a row I've seen use that line to promote WoWS. This is clearly a WG mistake, and not the youtubers' fault.

WG, get your crap together.

tenor.gif

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,401 posts
9,561 battles

China would never attack the US..   Wal-Mart won't let them.  I mean seriously !!  Who is going to buy all their 'stuff'??

And WG won't let Russia attack the US either.  At least not until they finish the Russian CV line.

I'm pretty sure major conflict, like the ships we enjoy on WOWS, is obsolete.

In the real world, there is no game balance.  Firepower must be overwhelming before battle is even considered.

Members
1,866 posts

I liked the video. In the Falklands War, ship defenses were only just-ok in stopping attacks. Surface combat seems unlikely between countries, but Houthi rebels got ahold of a missile at shot it at Saudi Arabia.

[TBOW]
Beta Testers
3,261 posts
649 battles

Thanks for the post. While appreciated, calling out players or WG staff isn't permitted within the forums. 

• Cool 1