You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NobleKnight91

Calling IJN BB Captains

14 comments in this topic

[SF-B]
Beta Testers
74 posts
1,643 battles

How in the world do I play the Nagato? No matter what I do I can't seem to make her perform and it's agitating me. Help would be amazing.

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,128 posts
5,976 battles

Did you watch any YouTube video’s ? Search on the forum; look which modification you need to put on the Nagato; usefull captain skills

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,745 posts
3,490 battles
10 minutes ago, NobleKnight91 said:

How in the world do I play the Nagato? No matter what I do I can't seem to make her perform and it's agitating me. Help would be amazing.

You seem to be doing pretty good outside of surviving. What issues are you having specifically with her?

[MIA-A]
Members
2,125 posts
6,810 battles

Take good shots, only.

Firing 1/2 as often and getting 10x as many good shots is a lot more damage than spamming constantly.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,447 posts
3,875 battles

Optimal range is 12-15km, Nagato's not as heavily armored as other tier 7s and has some of the most accurate, longest ranged, hardest-hitting guns in tier 7 to compensate.

She was the queen of tier 7 for a long time. And arguably still is, just with competition from Scharnhorst and Gneisnau.

If you're doing good damage but having trouble surviving, than keep your distance and maintain angles-- but not bow-in, as her bow is insufficient for this.

Edited by AraAragami

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,364 battles
34 minutes ago, NobleKnight91 said:

Brawl, use your crazy secondaries and 410 guns to destroy the enemy, never loosen your angles and destroy all those who doubt the efficiency of ijn BBs who brawl.

My favorite targets are gneisanau and scharnhorst, the always present a broadside to launch torps, when they do punish and turn hard.

Members
548 posts
2,973 battles
5 minutes ago, megadeux said:

Brawl, use your crazy secondaries and 410 guns to destroy the enemy, never loosen your angles and destroy all those who doubt the efficiency of ijn BBs who brawl.

My favorite targets are gneisanau and scharnhorst, the always present a broadside to launch torps, when they do punish and turn hard.

Nagato does not have good secondaries, it has firework makers. Only 4 guns per side shoot HE the rest shoot useless AP.

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,364 battles
Just now, ksix said:

Nagato does not have good secondaries, it has firework makers. Only 4 guns per side shoot HE the rest shoot useless AP.

Works great on CAs I know they aren't useless because I've seen there usefulness. They are very powerful in the right scenarios, so I don't think that's quite right. 

Members
13 posts
4,756 battles
24 minutes ago, ksix said:

I will completely disagree.  While not as good as Gneisnau's maybe, they are quite effective on the right targets.  I found her quite good in brawls against DD's and cruisers where those secondaries rip them up in close range; as long as you are good at torp beats.  I also suggest not getting manual secondaries with her, as while increased accuracy sounds good, your secondaries aim for the belt, and those AP shots will be wasted if conditions are not right: i.e. broadside cruiser.

She is no Fuso, she is definitely a ship where you chose your battles and make sure to punish the right ships as she just can't spam the shots or flex around the map as you may have gotten used to with previous IJN ships. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,447 posts
3,875 battles
1 hour ago, ksix said:

AP that shreds destroyers. Yamato's 15.5cm secondaries are even better at it.

Pretty decent on cruisers, too.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,874 posts
5,259 battles

AP secondaries are far from useless.  They're not great against other BBs, sure.  But against the majority of cruisers and destroyers they are highly effective.

It's like the people who think the only armor/penetration values that matter are the overmatch values.

[SF-B]
Beta Testers
74 posts
1,643 battles
1 hour ago, Madwolf05 said:

You seem to be doing pretty good outside of surviving. What issues are you having specifically with her?

My issues are her accuracy. No matter how I aim her guns her dispersion leaves me saltier than the dead sea. Like I feel the Colorado is more accurate and I can't seem to find her sweet spot ranges. IJN style BB gunnery is awkward to me considering I've played German and US Navy lines. I know the Nagato is a good ship so the problem must be me and I aim to fix that problem.

[90THC]
Members
444 posts
5,543 battles

Nagato is oddly more accurate(better sigma and i think dispersion) just play her more and get used to her, initially i had troubles getting used to her as well.

Always ALWAYS stay angled, you have trouble armor if you do but show broadside and you're [edited]. Play like more of a sniper then once the game goes to mid and final phase you can push up more

Members
2,409 posts
7,727 battles

Play from mid to long ranges, Nagato is a sniper. Best guns of tier 7, and some of the best guns of the game. The armor is decent, if you use range and angle, plus the large HP pool Nagato can be a decent tank. Try to spec CE skill, it helps a lot. 

IMO Nagato is still the best T7 BB.