You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Silver_kun

Forum Design Overhaul?

9 comments in this topic

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles

Okay, sorry for a question like this(and not searching for a related thread for longer) but I was absent from the forums, I assume for the entirety of the last week or two.

I logged in to the forum today and noticed a change in the  colour scheme from opaque to translucent and then proceeded to discover that the upvote system has been changed. Now you 'react' to a comment according to how you feel about it. You also have the option of reacting as 'bad' which led me to the conclusion that it is similar to down voting.

Hence, I wanted to confirm this fact and that whether it affects reputation or not out of curiosity as I believe the down vote did exist earlier?

Any answers will be appreciated.

[H-W-C]
Members
1,262 posts
3,348 battles

The "bad" reactions do not affect your reputation.

The funny and cool reactions raise your reputation.

You can make the forum look somewhat like the old forum design at the bottom of the page .

12312.thumb.png.52239b614553c83c1f0970f892efd0bc.png

• Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

Yea I just noticed that yesterday they had Clan tags on the forums now there are no clan tags.  I didn't notice the reactions affecting rep points either.  But they need to do something about this dag gum white back ground. But OMG ITS BRIGHT.

Edited by 0crazy8s0

[PSP]
Members
6,226 posts
8,857 battles

"Bad," "Boring," and "Angry" don't affect your reputation but they are ways that you can asses how people tend to feel about your posts. I've already found out that I must have at least one enemy here because the first few things I post now almost always get a single "bad" vote.

See -- just got one "bad" vote. I think that if the "feels" were not anonymous then people would be less likely to abuse them. Myself, I usually post a response along with a "feel." However, I also only give "cools" or  "funnys" too. If I don't like a post I will quote it and tell the poster why. 

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles

@warpath_33

Thanks for the information and the method to change the design, that bit was especially useful, will keep that in mind.

Also, nice Santa hat.

@Snargfargle

I see, It is nice to know that 'bad' , 'boring' and 'angry' all don't affect an individuals reputation. I agree on the fact that it would be better if it wouldn't be anonymous.

I shall follow suit with your approach of telling a poster why your opinions differ.

I just had read your poems on my email weekly response and they were truly well crafted. Enjoyed reading them a lot.:Smile_honoring:

@abyssofthetriffid

That is opinion but I do partly agree, I find certain things 'different' in a good way rather than better but I suppose the old design might be better after all.

I suppose you could use warpath_33's suggestion if you haven't already.

Thank you all for clarifying my doubt.

Edited by Silver_kun

[WOLF3]
Members
6,392 posts
2,380 battles
2 hours ago, 0crazy8s0 said:

Yea I just noticed that yesterday they had Clan tags on the forums now there are no clan tags.  I didn't notice the reactions affecting rep points either.  But they need to do something about this dag gum white back ground. But OMG ITS BRIGHT.

I'm ambivalent on the tags.  I don't think they had enough chance to see how well they worked, though.

Try the WoWS - Dark.  I like it.

2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

"Bad," "Boring," and "Angry" don't affect your reputation but they are ways that you can asses how people tend to feel about your posts. I've already found out that I must have at least one enemy here because the first few things I post now almost always get a single "bad" vote.

I find myself giving Borings, usually to whingers.  You just got an Angry just because I wanted to see if it helped alleviate my intrinsic mood. 

Edited by iDuckman

[PSP]
Members
6,226 posts
8,857 battles
2 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

You just got an Angry just because I wanted to see if it helped alleviate my intrinsic mood. 

I was wondering about that; I hadn't actually seen one of those before.