You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Carl

Warning! Vent Thread: Is It Just Me Or Are Most People Clueless About Operation Raptor Rescue?

14 comments in this topic

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,960 posts
1,487 battles

Sorry everyone but i feel a dying need to vent my spleen.

Seriously you do not win Raptor rescue by staying with the raptor. It's fine to do so up until the engineer gets to her or if your badly damaged. Otherwise you need to get out to her sides and front and hunt down the incoming DD's and cruisers before they get into range to torp her. In particular i see a disturbing number of teams who let both DD's that turn up just after the engineer announces he can do repairs to get into rnage and launch their torps before anyone even clears the headland to see them. And teams hiding with the raptor after the last wave spawns while her engine is down are almost as common and far more annoying, (most of my deaths have involved trying to whittle this wave down while everyone else hides).

And typically it's my fellow BB players giving their class a bad name, the cruisers are pretty good at getting off their backside, but they tend to be bus with the first CV wave.

• Cool 1

[SF-A]
Members
2,891 posts
5,674 battles

I like the spleen piece.

It is true, that the vast majority of players in these operations are clueless. On the other hand, the group that plays them regularly is steadily improving. If you want to run it through some time, PM me. I typically take out my Ryujo to knock out CVs and BBs and spot.

Edited by pewpewpew42

[LOS]
Members
564 posts
7,836 battles

I've 5 starred this least favorite scenario several times.  Usually we have a killer CV player that is aggressive against the bot flights.  The Ca/CL's stay in close to the engineer and use rapid fire while maintaining optimal health.  The DD's rang laterally using cover to move and lay 'eggs' and the BB's can trail or lead with big guns always able to speed up or slow down for heals.  That's it!  As I enter I try to advise one class on what to do.

Like Pewpew said, I think scenarios get better as time moves along...alot of that could be to those of us who teach.

[FACT]
Members
401 posts
3,935 battles

Meh, it's one of the better Ops, as long as you focus ALL the DD's first. If there is a CV, he needs to forget about dropping on the Aoba and focus his drops on that first BB (cross drop does wonders on it). Leave the DD and Aoba to the rest of the fleet. Round 2 for the CV's planes should be to locate the 1st CV by the islands, make a drop run and keep it spotted for their team. After that CV is dealt with focus the other CV and fleet of BB's/CA's. I have a growing distain for CV players who refuse to keep ships spotted that are worth a Op Star.

WG likes to change it up and have the second wave of ships spawn behind everyone and not in front, so pay attention.

IMO, the DERP has been incredibly strong in Ops lately, plus I'm under the impression that WG changed the mechanics of the bots as well when the new T7 Op hit. Ships, aiming, angling, everything 'seems' off and seems to have transcended to the T6 Ops. When I usually rack up 150k damage and 4-6 kills, but now struggle to reach 100k and 2 kills, I didn't just start to suck.

What amazes me, is that with all these Ops (outside the new T7 Op) being out for 6 months now, are the sheer number of idiots I seem to get teamed with. The last Op I played (last weeks), I played my T6 Ryujo CV. I ended up the top player and carried that particular team to a 3 star win because people sail off to the Evac point at the top of the map and not when WG switches it to the left side of the map. Received negative karma though I said nothing in chat to warrant it. Oh well, it is what it is.

So I've taken a break from playing this weeks Op/ the game in general, though its one of the easier ones, and my Warspite loves this Op. Oh well.

Alpha Tester
1,959 posts

Definitely my most hated op so far. All it takes is for someone to ram Raptor from its original spot and it will become bugged. The engineer ship won't repair Raptor and the team will be unable to complete the primary task. I've ran into two jerks this week already, both clan members.

[HRMLS]
Members
10 posts

I can tell you the 1st couple of Operations that I did, I had NO clue. For me it was just "ok, how hard can it be?"

I thought i was doing well until we failed.

Then I discovered Youtube....:cap_look:

Now i look and listen ....

Shame others don't 

Gene_strikeout2.gif

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,567 posts
8,979 battles

It is probably the toughest operation and any small mistake can lose a star or even lead to complete failure. I suggest getting together with some friends on voice chat for your best shot at completing it.

[SF-3]
Members
1,502 posts
8,097 battles

These operations make me lose faith in humanity. I can't understand how you get this high up tier wise and don't understand the fundamentals to killing bots. I will agree the first 1-2 times of an operation you are learning what to do and where the bots come from, but that doesn't excuse horrific play.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
597 posts
9,371 battles

It says a LOT about your team when your CV (me) is locked in secondary battles with ANYTHING. :Smile_facepalm:

The biggest mistake I see CV's do is go for the Myogi.  Wrong.  You go for Myogi, you are just farming damage with no real attempt at 5 star.  You go for Taka first.  Taka will almost ALWAYS hit a convoy ship or two with torpedoes otherwise.  Most of the time it is the ammo ship I see get hit, leaving her with just 10hp.  Not a gamble I'm willing to make when there is no reason to.

This is how I CV RR:

1st Sortie:

Torpedo Taka, bomb Myogi, scout N with fighters.

2nd Sortie:

Attack 1st CV.

3rd Sortie:

Attack 2nd CV.

4th Sortie and on:

Attack various ships.

Obviously this is with things going well; team isn't chasing after 1st cv, I'm not botching my drops, they DO NOT IGNORE 3rd wave DD's when I spot them, etc.  Last night I had a team so bad, ALL of them went after the 1st cv and completely IGNORED the 2nd wave.  It also says a lot about your team when the CONVOY is what sinks the Kuma before anyone bothers to go after Aoba and Myoko.  The kicker, I had LONG since sank the CV, WELL before the 2nd wave got into secondary range of the convoy.  I just let it happen.  I could've sortied bombers against the Aoba and Myoko, but meh.  Somehow the convoy didn't get torpedoed and only suffered from secondary fire from the cruisers.  Wish WoWs had Replay that DID NOT require me to screw around with config files, because I want to watch it again.:Smile_Default:  I ended up ignoring the 2nd CV completely (with obvious exception of her bombers) and focused on just getting Raptor to finish.  It was a 2 star match.:Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,960 posts
1,487 battles

If you haven't played a game since then check your replay folder, there should still be a .temp of your last battle in there afaik.

1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

What's an operation?

Errr, assuming our not being sarcastic, (i'm really not sure sorry), click the thing that says "random battle" to the side of the battle button you can select the operation of the week from there.

Members
9,957 posts
14 minutes ago, Carl said:

If you haven't played a game since then check your replay folder, there should still be a .temp of your last battle in there afaik.

Errr, assuming our not being sarcastic, (i'm really not sure sorry), click the thing that says "random battle" to the side of the battle button you can select the operation of the week from there.

There was so much sarcasm in that line, it should be considered toxic....:Smile_teethhappy: