Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dareios

baguette confusion

9 comments in this topic

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
559 posts

died in the strangest way last match... what seemed to happen doesnt seem possible...

contesting a cap vs a martel, and due to hp, points and positioning I decided a ram was the best option. Nose to nose with the martel, not the slightest angle at all, and at a range of less that 0.5km torps came directly out of its nose, armed in 100m and nuked me. Are not its torps at the rear and it would have needed to show at least some side at some stage of the approach to launch them? and they werent pre-launched as I had hydro up at the time?

weird.

[INTEL]
Members
8,568 posts
25,660 battles

He launched then turned... and they might not have been his. Was DD around?

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
559 posts
5 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

He launched then turned... and they might not have been his. Was DD around?

no dd. could he stealth launch at 8km and be fast enough to chase them in and only be a few hundred metres behind them (i dont know speed of french torps)?

[TF16]
Members
825 posts
5,015 battles
47 minutes ago, Dareios said:

no dd. could he stealth launch at 8km and be fast enough to chase them in and only be a few hundred metres behind them (i dont know speed of french torps)?

60 kts.

OP, the French cruisers have amazing torpedo arcs and their torpedoes are near the center of the ship.

But alas, it's a neat story and any replay or screen shot could really help with the confusion.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
47 minutes ago, Dareios said:

She might. A Martel has launchers near the middle of her hull, and I'm not sure how steep her firing angles are. I know for a fact that she shouldn't be able to turn fast enough for them to seem like they're coming out of the cruisers nose, but following them in for 8K seems perfectly do-able.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,534 posts
2,123 battles

The French Cruisers have great arcs. I learned the this hard way in the NO, saw the broadside launch, dodged, didn't think he had turned enough to get the other side off, nuked him with AP, and then got nuked by the torps. I thought he had two sets, but he explained what he had done.

My guess is that he was able to angle enough to get them off, then if he had speed boost going, they wouldn't have time to get that far ahead of him. Thus the surprise bow launch.

I think many people under-estimate the French torps, they have great angles, good range, and decent speed. I've learned the hard way to respect the Baguette.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

If you could provide a replay, it would allow us to better assist you in understanding the mystery. :fish_aqua:

Sign in to follow this