Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Miproyq

Post-buff Colorado

21 comments in this topic

Members
33 posts
23 battles

What do you guys think of the Colorado now that the HP of the B hull has been buffed by 9k HP?(although sigma has been nerfed to 1.9)

Is it still "meh" or is it more playable now?

Edited by Miproyq

[SYN]
Members
14,439 posts
10,418 battles

Being on the opposite end, it is no longer a pushover.

It is now a pushover that takes longer to sink.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Angry 1

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,124 posts
5,962 battles

Colorado is good, even way before the 9k buff and way before the other buffs. Actually it was already good in beta, slow but good. One of my favorite Battleships, bought her back not long ago.

Members
16,048 posts
14,436 battles
28 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

Pretty much. Takes 1-2 extra salvos now :Smile_glasses:

[-K-]
Members
5,235 posts
9,096 battles

Grinded Colorado pre-buff and never had an issue with her.  Her slow speed just means you have to plan your course of attack more thoroughly, so as to always be able to be part of the fight.

Haven't played her post buff, but I can't imagine she'll be changed all that much other than extra survivability.

Members
2,368 posts
7,654 battles

Colorado still have the same issues, super slow speed and floaty shells at range.

IMO its still the worse T7 BB.

Edited by Xlap

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,553 posts
3,539 battles

Allot harder to kill, I love mine and with the heal flag, High Alert, and superintendent along with her super heal means I can recover 1/4-1/3 of my HP every shot. A good captain that knows what their doing will be unsinkable brick wall .

Unfortunately I still see potatoes trying to sail from one side of the map to the other in a slow ship and running Survivability Expert and slinging HE at everything. God this game makes me lose faith in humanity some days....

[YORHA]
Members
3,319 posts

With the right skipper and set up she is now a beast. 

Of course you have to know how to play her and MM can still screw you, but she is now close to the ship she always should have been.  I was the only Tier VII in a Tier IX battle the other night and she held her own while my Tier IX BBs hid behind the islands.  It took 4 tier IX ships to take me down.

[TASH]
Members
5,013 posts
8,076 battles

Colorado has always been viable just because of her guns, not much of a tank.  Now she's has some extra HP to absorb more hits in addition to a better repair party (0.66% HP per second vs. 0.5% normally)

Members
1,296 posts
21,024 battles

Always kept the Colo.  I thought she was a very tanky ship.  7.6 km range 2ndaries with signals and skills, and often times shrugging off torpedo hits without flooding.  Now 9K more beastliness. 

I just couldn't make her work for me in ranked.  She was just too slow for a 7 ship fast paced game.  But in random she works just fine.  

[ECOM]
Members
955 posts
11,432 battles

This ship is no longer the bottom of the barrel. You get dreadnought awards when your full hp will a heal still unused. Pretend it has triple the hp pool that it has now. That's the new Colorado. 

[WNSTN]
Members
0 posts
4,594 battles

I played the Colorado after to buffs.

Once I got comfortable with it's play style, I found it to be a very capable ship.

Not exciting to play.

Able to tank as well as dish out damage in competitive quantities.

Doesn't up-tier to well. But that can be said for most ships.

Had some very good games in it. So much so that I found it hard to sell her. But I needed the credits for the NC.

Last game in her I topped our winning team. In a tier VIII match.

YMMV

Good luck and fair seas.

[90THC]
Members
444 posts
5,499 battles

The colorado is now a rock that the enemy will break upon, her speed is her only real weakness, super heal is amazing and she turns very well so dodging torps isnt to bad(ontop of good AA even if you dont spec it)

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,792 posts
10,567 battles

I loved Colorado when grinding through it. It is my favorite tech tree T7 BB. I actually kept it and bought the perma camo.  My only real gripes with the ship were the slow speed and ridiculously low HP. 9K+ HP solved one gripe. Never going to be faster but that 9k really helped. So far I haven't noticed a huge impact from the sigma nerf. 

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,831 posts
4,724 battles
9 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

I couldn't agree with you more. 

Either the Scharnie burns you down, or the Ginny over takes you and as he's driving by he torps you. 

[SYN]
Members
102 posts
8,387 battles

She's good for PvE, if that's your bag.

Took her out on the test server in the new operation and wrecked face. Her heal, armor, and good manuverability are great fun.

In PvP, she's a competent mid-range tank, but you can get overrun or outpaced easily. 9k/hp won't really change that.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,831 posts
4,724 battles
23 minutes ago, MrSharkswith said:

She's good for PvE, if that's your bag.

Took her out on the test server in the new operation and wrecked face. Her heal, armor, and good manuverability are great fun.

In PvP, she's a competent mid-range tank, but you can get overrun or outpaced easily. 9k/hp won't really change that.

This is why I advocated for a hull that had better secondaries so she could brawl given her slow speed and lack of carriers. 

[WOLF9]
Members
3,239 posts

I tried mine out several times since the buff.   Not impressed.   Imo, the accuracy nerf was so unneeded- RNG would screw with you bad enough before, with the dreaded 2 gun split.  (either they veer left and right, or hi/low)   A common thing with all 2 gun USN BB turrets.

Now it just screws with you harder.

So far,  I've been able to do jack squat with it for damage, since the nerf.  Either I'm getting effed with hard by RNGesus, or I've spent too much time playing destroyers and cruisers, and away from the (once) Mighty Colorado.   Or both.   To be fair, the insane number of ultra quick 4 minute matches lately hasn't helped one bit. 

However, when the stars do align, and I get something to shoot at more than once- the shots just spray everywhere, and I get bounces and near misses.  And the occasional overpen- just to rub it in.  I know I didn't suddenly forget how to aim... 

While the boost in hp was nice,  the times I got killed in it were almost always when the damage was coming in so fast it overwhelmed the repair party.  In those situations, you're going to die anyway, lol.

At least the secondaries still work.  Got another kill with them!

Members
1,683 posts
7,756 battles

CO has always been one of my favorites. She just takes a certain style. Her armor is great, but only if you know how to angle (and if you don’t think it’s great, you don’t know how to angle). Her speed is adequate if you know how to plan your moves (and if she’s too slow then you don’t know how to plan your moves). Her 16” guns can hurt anything you face if you know how to aim and select your ammo. She is agile enough to be a tough target for torpedoes. 

Shes not not an easy button. You don’t get to just show any angle and count on bounces, and you can’t go all the way out to a flank and then expect to find your way back to the fight. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,387 posts
3,875 battles
2 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

I couldn't agree with you more. 

Either the Scharnie burns you down, or the Ginny over takes you and as he's driving by he torps you. 

The onus in those situations is on the Colorado captain knowing where to shoot those two to cit them through their bows. Because it can be done. I do it all the time in Nagato and Colorado has near-identical penetration power last I checked.

I love an angled Scharnhorst. It's easy damage. Even if I don't hit that citadel sweet spot, a bunch of standard pens is enough to cause rage in chat. As I accomplished with a 20k hit on a Gneisnau with Hood's AP a while back.

But on topic, Colorado's HP has long been a sore point, so getting it normalized with the other tier 7 battleships has been a long time coming. Even if she "didn't need it to be good" as some internet toughguys are insisting.

Edited by AraAragami
  • Boring 1

Sign in to follow this