Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
12th_thirstytom

your ruining the game

19 comments in this topic

[EFEWE]
Members
26 posts
8,058 battles

I'm not the best player out there but you guys are ruining the game for dd's. I'm constantly getting one shotted in dd's. you have to turn back the nerf on them. either that or you'll lose a lot of players. nuf said

• Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[O_O]
Members
4,400 posts
9,524 battles

I came here to vote in a survey.  No survey.  Much disappoint. 

giphy.gif

Edited by desmo_2
  • Funny 1

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Members
121 posts
5,096 battles

you get used to 3 minutes of glory... or hang back and dont cap right way... spot and spot and run run spot run

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
32 minutes ago, 12th_thirstytom said:

I'm not the best player out there

It is good to start off with easily provable facts.

33 minutes ago, 12th_thirstytom said:

you guys are ruining the game for dd's

Which guys?

33 minutes ago, 12th_thirstytom said:

I'm constantly getting one shotted in dd's

What are YOU doing wrong?

34 minutes ago, 12th_thirstytom said:

you have to turn back the nerf on them

BACK!! Wretched Nerf!!

34 minutes ago, 12th_thirstytom said:

or you'll lose a lot of players

I'm betting this is NOT true.

35 minutes ago, 12th_thirstytom said:

nuf said

I KNOW this is NOT true.

• Cool 3

[POP]
Members
1,162 posts
15,028 battles
7 minutes ago, Umikami said:

It is good to start off with easily provable facts.

Which guys?

What are YOU doing wrong?

BACK!! Wretched Nerf!!

I'm betting this is NOT true.

I KNOW this is NOT true.

+1 great reply's made me laugh.....all quite true as well..... evil nerfing of poor DDs so sad.      

Edited by tm63au

[CUTER]
Members
698 posts
18,985 battles
1 hour ago, 12th_thirstytom said:

I'm not the best player out there

Everything that follows that statement is a cover for your individual play.  Can you get one shotted by a BB at close range in a DD?  Absolutely.  However, it is very rare.  I am guessing based on your performance there are some fundamental playing errors on your end that are getting you blapped.  Especially at the higher tier play.  Radar, Hydro, etc.  You have to be smart with a destroyer...your health pool is very limited and the enemy will focus you first.  I am like you, not the most skilled DD driver, but I have watched enough videos to see myself purple in the line of ships.  Watch some YouTube videos covering US destroyers, might be a ticket to individual improvement. :fish_viking:

Edited by KongoPride

Members
2,494 posts
5,479 battles

You ought to upload some REPLAYS so that players can critique your gameplay and give a thoughtful analysis  while having some popcorn eh? 

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

DDs are in a good spot I feel right now. They have their strengths, and their weaknesses, and they can heavily influence a match one way or another.

It all comes down to how well you can play, and utilize the tools at your disposal. 

[B-K-N]
Members
30 posts
8,126 battles

You should know by now that any comments critical of this game will get you flamed by the fanboys.  They never have the issue you comment on so therefor its not an issue with the game, you are the problem.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 6:09 AM, Lionel92 said:

Then you are doing it wrong!

Don’t blame the game; blame yourself :)

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 7:58 AM, dionkraft said:

You ought to upload some REPLAYS so that players can critique your gameplay and give a thoughtful analysis  while having some popcorn eh? 

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:00 AM, The_Dastardly_Canuck_rob said:

Stop sailing broadside in a straight line then. 

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 12:15 PM, Doomlock said:

DDs are in a good spot I feel right now. They have their strengths, and their weaknesses, and they can heavily influence a match one way or another.

It all comes down to how well you can play, and utilize the tools at your disposal. 

OP, you may not like these answers BUT any ship is only as good as its Captain. So post replay and ask for advice (and be willing to listen) and you may learn something. 

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,600 posts
4,013 battles
On 12/15/2017 at 4:24 AM, KongoPride said:

but I have watched enough videos to see myself purple in the line of ships.  Watch some YouTube videos covering US destroyers, might be a ticket to individual improvement. :fish_viking:

If watching videos was all it took to be good at the game, I'd be at least as purple as you.  There's a lot of different stuff you have to do all at the same time in game.  It doesn't come as easily to everyone else as it appears to come to you.

You're supposed to constantly watch the mini-map to see how the game is developing and make sure you position your boat well.  That's great.  I keep that up for sometimes as much as half a match.  Then somewhere along the line, I get into the furball, and between trying to make sure my shells are falling on target, and mitigating all the local threats to my ship, I lose it.  Next thing I know, five ships have me under their guns because the four ships I was sailing with are all three to five km away showing stern profiles.

I'm not putting you down for being better than me at a video game.  That would be silly - and congratulations, by the way, those are excellent stats.  I'm just asking you to keep in mind that (if the stats are truly representative) you are one of the top players in the game.  It is not as easy for everyone as it is for you, and no, not everyone *can* get that good for a number of valid reasons.

• Cool 1

[CUTER]
Members
698 posts
18,985 battles
14 minutes ago, Fishrokk said:

If watching videos was all it took to be good at the game, I'd be at least as purple as you.  There's a lot of different stuff you have to do all at the same time in game.  It doesn't come as easily to everyone else as it appears to come to you.

You're supposed to constantly watch the mini-map to see how the game is developing and make sure you position your boat well.  That's great.  I keep that up for sometimes as much as half a match.  Then somewhere along the line, I get into the furball, and between trying to make sure my shells are falling on target, and mitigating all the local threats to my ship, I lose it.  Next thing I know, five ships have me under their guns because the four ships I was sailing with are all three to five km away showing stern profiles.

I'm not putting you down for being better than me at a video game.  That would be silly - and congratulations, by the way, those are excellent stats.  I'm just asking you to keep in mind that (if the stats are truly representative) you are one of the top players in the game.  It is not as easy for everyone as it is for you, and no, not everyone *can* get that good for a number of valid reasons.

Fair points.  I was not saying a few videos would make him/her unicum, but was offering that by watching other elite players, he might be able to identify some of his own mistakes and improve on that.  The difference between 800 wtr and 1150 wtr is significant...and if you can reach that goal, you are no longer average, but an upper shelf level player.  One of my favorite movies is Contact (about the book by Carl Sagan).  Greatest quote to me from it...."small steps."  Took me 12k games to get to my level...

+1 :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,600 posts
4,013 battles
2 minutes ago, KongoPride said:

Fair points.  I was not saying a few videos would make him/her unicum, but was offering that by watching other elite players, he might be able to identify some of his own mistakes and improve on that.  The difference between 800 wtr and 1150 wtr is significant...and if you can reach that goal, you are no longer average, but an upper shelf level player.  One of my favorite movies is Contact (about the book by Carl Sagan).  Greatest quote to me from it...."small steps."  Took me 12k games to get to my level...

+1 :Smile_Default:

I didn't mean to undermine your advice - if OP hasn't watched any of the numerous game play and instructional videos, yes, they will be of great help.  I mean, heck, they did get me up to mostly green!  And, of course, practice. 

Hopefully when I get to that many games, I *will* be as purple as you!

[O7]
[O7]
Members
289 posts
12,291 battles
10 hours ago, CheapWine said:

You should know by now that any comments critical of this game will get you flamed by the fanboys.  They never have the issue you comment on so therefor its not an issue with the game, you are the problem.

I think the issue is he didn't really say anything about what is wrong exactly. It honestly just sounds like he is playing his DDs poorly. This is also the survey section so complaining about getting blapped in dds, a very powerful class when played well, does not fit here.

Sign in to follow this