Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ObiphanKenobi

New Orleans

25 comments in this topic

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,843 posts
7,129 battles

I am still working my way through the Pensacola, so i'll take this result as encouragement. Can't wait to get her!

[POP]
Members
1,168 posts
15,119 battles

taught

44 minutes ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

First game, stock, capt re train from the Pepsi

PiwDt4l.jpg

Taught him everything he Knows :Smile_teethhappy: about CA's and look still caused 173 worth of damage to friendlies:Smile_facepalm:, back to Coop obiwan

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,817 posts
9,912 battles
1 hour ago, tm63au said:

damage to friendlies

very hard to explain to a driver who cares more about his/her paint job and cant multi-task :cap_haloween:

1 hour ago, nuttybiscuit said:

so i'll take this result as encouragement

hehehe Pepsi is very enjoyable (very different from other nation and very nerve racking as i am always "angling angling", as soon as i see shells in the air, i am like "TURN TURN TURN TURN TURN", screech like a girl's high tone) ... i stole AdmiralThunder's post to post my result over there. Also i am preparing for the up coming USN cruiser split if not willing to grind to get the DesMoine. 1 mistake and Pepsi go POP!

Edited by ObiwankzKenobi

[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,131 battles

I liked New Orleans, but overall she isn't very popular amongst the forum-set.  T8 is also a tough tier since it faces T10's more often than not.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,817 posts
9,912 battles

4th game in the NO .... end result is satisfied

kCd2Hlj.jpg

This game, instead of cruiser hunt, i switch to dd hunt, 1st kill the Fletcher then RAM and kill a khabarob.  I am happy, 

33 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

T8 is also a tough tier since it faces T10's more often than not

I actually do not mind in such game, but on the opposite as it generated more credit if you played the NO; RIGHT.

a yell out to somebody, look at the DIE HARD award

@tm63au

Members
56 posts
6,996 battles

I decided to repurchase New Orleans because she's just a graceful ship to look at. That being said, I do like the in-game ship as it stands now. 

Good guns, great concealment, and good maneuverability make her a very dangerous cruiser if she survives long enough. I like to use the maneuverability and concealment to  get into position to deliver citadel shots to cruisers or farm damage from battleship superstructures. Here's the best round I've ever had: 

86c9QRA.pngl

zmcJSGi.pngl

I used island cover, the weather (with radar), and evasive ship driving to pester the Yamato the whole match while shooting at cruisers once in a while. New Orleans is not as durable or flexible as Hipper, but she can be very punishing to the enemy if you stick to the right tactics. 

Edited by mkcp40

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,817 posts
9,912 battles

Weekend play is nerve racking

and heartache, but managed to get a win

mmUWWHI.jpg

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,894 posts
10,708 battles

I need about 20K XP be it on New Orleans or Free and I am at Baltimore. New Orleans is a good ship. Not great, not bad, but good. However, it isn't a lot different from Pensacola. Sort of like a Pensacola that got a D Hull with more armor requiring a different turret layout and loss of a gun.  The addition of Radar doesn't really make it different.

The ships are so darn similar it feels like I am playing the same ship still. In other lines there seems to be a real noticeable change in something even if a ship is similar so it feels different. NO feels like a Pepsi on roids to me. 

This "sameness" between Pepsi and NO is making the grind to Baltimore very tedious. There is nothing new to learn, no playstyle change, etc... Just the same old stuff you did in Pepsi. If Baltimore is the same as Pensacola and New Orleans then getting to Des Moines will require regular visits with a therapist to work through my feelings. :Smile_amazed: LOL 

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,817 posts
9,912 battles
6 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

20K XP be it on New Orleans or Free and I am at Baltimore

after that, all the way to DesMoine?

6 hours ago, nuttybiscuit said:

So finished Pensacola grind, bought NO, having fun. (but playing cautiously)

yup, so cautious that total ignore my div invitation = total ignore ..... reported to ignore list!! nutty very bad ......... LOL

NO sometime you get good game, sometime bad game.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,843 posts
7,129 battles
1 hour ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

yup, so cautious that total ignore my div invitation = total ignore ..... reported to ignore list!! nutty very bad ......... LOL

NO sometime you get good game, sometime bad game.

I only spotted your div invite after it was expiring when returned to port, and when I tagged (begged, supplicated, offered bribes in fact) you in Discord, it was too late, already on ignore list :(

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,817 posts
9,912 battles
Just now, nuttybiscuit said:

begged, supplicated, offered bribes in fact

Discord only for emergency situation eg clan battle calls or div mate calling me in (you know who?), I don't turn discord on ...... while gaming, it a total radio silence. But it get excited if I see other forumers .......

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,894 posts
10,708 battles
2 hours ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

I plan to eventually. Mainly I wanted to get to Baltimore before the line split.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,817 posts
9,912 battles
44 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Mainly I wanted to get to Baltimore before the line split

20k more to the Baltimore is a super duper fast grind, I just started her B hull, I need the turret/range upgrade then another +over 100 k of XP to the Baltimore

sigh

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,894 posts
10,708 battles
13 hours ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

20k more to the Baltimore is a super duper fast grind, I just started her B hull, I need the turret/range upgrade then another +over 100 k of XP to the Baltimore

sigh

Well, I finished up the additional 20K XP on the ship I needed so I am now at Baltimore. I did use some Free XP to finish it quickly. Just didn't see the need to grind any longer before moving on. I learned what there is to learn as Pensacola and New Orleans play exactly the same. Ready for the next one and hoping it is a little different.

Going to be a LONNNNG time before Des Moines for me though. Good lord is it XP expensive to get there once you reach Baltimore. It is almost as bad going from the T9 USN CA to the T10 as it was going from the USN T9 BB to the T10. And I play Co-op so it will take even longer LOL.  Dang...:Smile_amazed:

Baltimore > Des Moines:                                                             Iowa > Montana:

• Hull B = 40,500                                                                  Hull B & C = 105,000
  • Gun Fire Control = 24,000                                               Gun Fire Control = 24,000
  • Main Battery = 27,500                                                     Propulsion = 19,000
  • Des Moines = 237,500                                                     Montana = 247,000
  • Total = 329,500 XP :Smile_facepalm:                                                 Total = 395,000 XP :Smile_facepalm:

I now have Baltimore and I have the perma camo for it so I am now ready for the US Cruiser split whenever it happens. :Smile_great:

4bsl6PL.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,817 posts
9,912 battles
6 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I have the perma camo for it

5000 doubloon perma camo for t9 ship?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,894 posts
10,708 battles
4 minutes ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

5000 doubloon perma camo for t9 ship?

4000. 5000 is for T10.

I have the perma camo for T6 Cleveland, T7 Pensacola, T8 New Orleans, and of course T9 Baltimore now. I only play Co-op and I need that perma camo for Baltimore (-20% service fee) + flags + premium time to not lose credits due to the crazy service fees. It also gives a 100% XP boost so will cut reaching Des Moines in half.

Also, I should end up getting credit for duplicate camo's at the split and I now have them all. Should actually make out pretty good.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,817 posts
9,912 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I only play Co-op and I need that camo

WHAT ??? co op game .. damn it, you are an insane player. I grind in random games and already taken times, co op give less experiences. I had perm camo for the NO, don't have the -10% service fee, I found the camo work ok for me.

1 random game generally give me 3k to 7k, lucky to get 10k xp with (signals), 1 co op give me max at 1500xp .........

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,894 posts
10,708 battles
12 minutes ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

WHAT ??? co op game .. damn it, you are an insane player. I grind in random games and already taken times, co op give less experiences. I had perm camo for the NO, don't have the -10% service fee, I found the camo work ok for me.

1 random game generally give me 3k to 7k, lucky to get 10k xp with (signals), 1 co op give me max at 1500xp .........

I do not like how people act in Random. It just is not a pleasant place to be IMO. I play WOWS to have fun. Random for me is not fun. Plus it is usually one side steam rolling the other which sucks. Played 170 games in Random and just had enough of it. 

I prefer the more relaxed and friendly environment of Co-op. Plus the bots don't camp, snipe, and hide; they just charge and attack. I just prefer Co-op to Random is all. It is why I have 4700+ games there. LOL

I know it pays less BELIEVE me I know. Even in a loss (and I lost a LOT in Random back when I 1st staretd WOWS and played that mode - haven't in a LONG time) it pays more. I ground to the Montana and Yamato in Co-op and that took forever to get that XP. I am up to either T7 or T8 in the other Nation's lines for BB and Cruisers (except Russian Cruisers where I am only to T6).

I got 2K+ a lot of games in NO in Co-op but again you need the camo, flags, and premium account.

Good luck with your grind. Hope you are able to get to Baltimore quickly. Only 165K XP once you get NO upgraded. LOL.

:Smile_honoring:

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,817 posts
9,912 battles

Weekend warrior, i cant carry the team like this

VCBJOge.jpg

Try again and again

3In2hFX.jpg

Edited by ObiwankzKenobi

[WOLF9]
Members
3,256 posts
On 12/15/2017 at 5:24 PM, mkcp40 said:

I decided to repurchase New Orleans because she's just a graceful ship to look at. That being said, I do like the in-game ship as it stands now. 

Good guns, great concealment, and good maneuverability make her a very dangerous cruiser if she survives long enough. I like to use the maneuverability and concealment to  get into position to deliver citadel shots to cruisers or farm damage from battleship superstructures. Here's the best round I've ever had: 

86c9QRA.pngl

zmcJSGi.pngl

I used island cover, the weather (with radar), and evasive ship driving to pester the Yamato the whole match while shooting at cruisers once in a while. New Orleans is not as durable or flexible as Hipper, but she can be very punishing to the enemy if you stick to the right tactics. 

And every now and then, you get to use the radar to completely ruin some DD's ambush or expose some citadel farms(aka those obnoxious RN cruisers) sitting in smoke.

edit:  And just wait until you get the Baltimore!  If you despise annoying CV squadrons- this ship is for you!   Just got mine yesterday, and got the AA up to 98- and it's still only the A hull, lol.   You also only lose a little bit of concealment in exchange for the bigger, tougher hull.  Mine is at 10 km  with the concealment mod, and concealment expert skill.  And you still have those glorious USN 8" guns.

Edited by Fletcher7_1944

Sign in to follow this