Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Psycodiver

Should BFT and AFT be reverted back to the old days

Should BFT and AFT effect guns up to 160mm  

33 members have voted

1. 1. BFT and AFT be used on guns up to 160mm?

• Yes
    • No
    • Bacon

13 comments in this topic

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,555 posts
3,539 battles

When I first started playing BFT and AFT used to effect guns up to 160mm, this was nerfed due to stealth firing. Now that stealth firing is a thing of the past should it be brought back to give cruisers a little boost?

Members
4,821 posts
5,596 battles

AFT and BFT weren't nerfed because of stealth firing, at least, that wasn't the main reason. The main reason(s) were Cleveland and 155 Mogami. Those two ships with AFT and BFT were able to out perform every other cruiser in their tier spread, and were clearly better than the heavy cruisers, which historically were built to outgun light cruisers while being able to withstand 6in gunfire.

I mean really, with BFT and AFT, Cleveland and 155 Mogami could out range and out DPM every CA in their tier spread. BFT also turned them into ships that could easily take on battleships 1 on 1 (with a competent captain, of course) simply due to the sheer DPM the 6in guns could put out.

The only thing that really needs to be 'reverted' are some of the nerfs with EM to the 6in guns on Cleveland and Mogami. WG went a little overboard by nerfing EM along with BFT and AFT. Mogami had received a small buff to turret traverse I believe, but it's not quite enough, and hopefully with the USN cruisers split Cleveland will be fixed as well.

• Cool 1

Members
1,834 posts
17,629 battles

Damn...that was before my time...I would have been happy w/up to 140 just for the Kuma...it was a fire breathing beast as it was when I ran it...faster ROF & range...yeah...that woulda been fun. I wasn't aware of that change & I now hate everybody that was able to run the Kuma w/BFT & AFT.

6 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

155 Mogami

Oh wow...it affected the Mogami...that's just cruel...I can see why BB players would cry nerf on that...I also hate everybody that was able to run the Mogami w/BFT & AFT...LOL

[NDA]
Supertester
4,840 posts
13,788 battles

I can still remember those few glorious days my Marblehead Captain had BFT and AFT. You could out range every other cruiser at your tier and even out range a Cleveland who didn't have AFT. I know this because I burnt a few down to the water line Muhahahaha. But than I would take my Cleveland captain out and just rain HEll fire on every thing that would hold course. Imagine A Cleveland that is already hard to citadel just laughing at your attempts to hit them while they burn you from one end to another. Its one of the reasons why people hated that ship so much. The other reason being that using AFT on a Cleveland meant you had to get NASA clearance before firing at long ranges. 

[LUCK]
Members
1,297 posts
19,543 battles
19 minutes ago, CarefreeTongue said:

23km Kutuzov range here we go

I don't see a problem. :cap_like:

Edited by hofmannsc

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,308 posts
6,587 battles

Right now Light Cruisers are already better damage dealers than Heavy Cruisers due to things like IFHE and the way some game mechanics work. Allowing them now to increase their advantage would ruin the balance even further.

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
25,770 posts
11,064 battles

Can you imagine what a Minotaur, Belfast and Kuma will be capable of in their tier matchmaking /;o_\\

maybe only change back the EM to what it was previously.

[SALVO]
Members
17,043 posts
17,674 battles
On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 12:59 AM, RedSeaBear said:

I can still remember those few glorious days my Marblehead Captain had BFT and AFT. You could out range every other cruiser at your tier and even out range a Cleveland who didn't have AFT. I know this because I burnt a few down to the water line Muhahahaha. But than I would take my Cleveland captain out and just rain HEll fire on every thing that would hold course. Imagine A Cleveland that is already hard to citadel just laughing at your attempts to hit them while they burn you from one end to another. Its one of the reasons why people hated that ship so much. The other reason being that using AFT on a Cleveland meant you had to get NASA clearance before firing at long ranges. 

It wasn't quite that good on the Marblehead.  For one thing, it couldn't outrange the Murmansk, which is another Omaha clone that had a good deal more  base range than the Marblehead at that time.  (The Mhead has since gotten a much needed range buff.)  That otherwise good AFT range nerf really hurt the Marblehead badly, because it went from a competitive tier 5 cruiser to being essentially uncompetitive, because its range was reduced to under 13km (it's now 13.9, IIRC).

I loved my Marblehead back then, even more than the supposedly better Murmansk.  I personally like the M-head more because of the extra gun on each broadside, though obviously the Murmansk has  better torps and AA.  Heck, I do pretty well in both of them, so what's not to like?  

Heck, I crushed a Pensacola in my Marblehead about a month ago on the Estuary map.  This Pcola was trying to come thru the middle from the north cap to the A cap in the west and was looking north at a team mate of mine.  I'd moved over to the south cap and saw him coming, so I slowed down and loaded up AP.  he comes thru the gap all fat and happy, and BOOM!!!  Citadel after citadel after citadel from a Marblehead at about 5 km, plus my torps.  he was dead in about 2-3 volleys.  Long before he could turn or get his guns around or anything.  I just plain massacred him!  It was so amusing for a tier 5 cruiser to blow away a tier 7 cruiser without taking any thing more than maybe an odd secondary gun hit.

And speaking of the Marblehead now, I was in a tier 7 random battle in her over the weekend, when I saw an enemy Nelson nearby.  I was scared to death of him ... until he turned away because he was grossly outnumbered on my side of the map (north side of the Neighbors map).  And then I was on his ... aft, and I hammered him mercilessly with HE and fires and did something like 50k damage to him and sunk him.  And he couldn't do a damned thing, because he couldn't or at least didn't try hard enough to turn as stern away from me and clear his main guns to shoot at me.  It was a thing of beauty!  :cap_rambo:

[SALVO]
Members
17,043 posts
17,674 battles
On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 4:48 AM, Rolkatsuki said:

Can you imagine what a Minotaur, Belfast and Kuma will be capable of in their tier matchmaking /;o_\\

maybe only change back the EM to what it was previously.

I wish that they'd change EM thusly.  Instead of having only 2 groups: 139mm and below, and 140mm and above, I'd like to see them group in more like 139mm and below, then a mid range group for almost all cruisers, maybe up to around 10" guns, and then a high caliber group for BBs and the odd cruiser mounting BB grade guns (like the Spee, etc.).  This would give regular CL's and CA's a bit of a turret rotation buff.

Sign in to follow this