Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shipping_Forecast

Frustrating loss...

32 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,552
[PSP]
Members
6,254 posts
8,892 battles

"Comanche, you fought hard, Comanche, you tried
You were a good soldier so hold your head up high
For even the bravest sometimes must fall
Comanche, the brave horse, you gave your all" -- Johnny Horton, Comanche

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19
[WOLF4]
Members
122 posts
5,847 battles
3 minutes ago, LastSamurai714 said:

I am 1 and 4 in the last hour.  No F'ing clue what has been going on the last 48 hours but I'm about to sell and delete lol

Those waves can be troubling to ride, no doubt about it.  But the good days always come again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
319 posts
4,388 battles
8 minutes ago, Shipping_Forecast said:

Those waves can be troubling to ride, no doubt about it.  But the good days always come again.

Last 58 games I am 40%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,827
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

I do two different things in such a scenario @LastSamurai714

I try a different type and nation. If that doesn't make a difference, I disconnect from the server without reloading the game. Sure, sure... wives' tales for sure... If it still keeps going bad, I exit the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,045
Members
3,780 posts
14,033 battles
23 minutes ago, LastSamurai714 said:

I am 1 and 4 in the last hour.  No F'ing clue what has been going on the last 48 hours but I'm about to sell and delete lol

Ever since Saturday I've had defeat after defeat with a occasional win. And most of the defeats have been steamrolls. :Smile_sad:

I don't have a clue as to why this has been happening but to say it's frustrating is a understatement. I generally don't mind losing as long as it's a good fight, but endless rolls?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,552
[PSP]
Members
6,254 posts
8,892 battles
2 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Ever since Saturday I've had defeat after defeat with a occasional win. And most of the defeats have been steamrolls. :Smile_sad:

I like to scatter my win and loss streaks all over the place, it makes my Warships Today sig much more colorful.

 

Untitled.jpg

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
319 posts
4,388 battles
15 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I do two different things in such a scenario @LastSamurai714

I try a different type and nation. If that doesn't make a difference, I disconnect from the server without reloading the game. Sure, sure... wives' tales for sure... If it still keeps going bad, I exit the game. 

Changing ships and tiers hasn't helped.

Its like I'm stuck with the same short bus timid players every game.  Hey guys we need to move up.  Hey guys we need caps.  Hey "team" I can't push alone in a Yorck move up.  

Chat ban levels of frustration.  This is after I took two days off completely.  

I just keep clicking "Battle on" thinking there is an end to these teams...there isn't.  Maybe I shouldn't wait until I'm 15k battles in to quit like I did with WOTB.  Just end it now lol.  All these F'ing teams we are losing to are getting coherent players so I know they are in the queue.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,045
Members
3,780 posts
14,033 battles
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I like to scatter my win and loss streaks all over the place, it makes my Warships Today sig much more colorful.

 

Untitled.jpg

Hell, at the rate my battles are going I'm going to have just one color... Red.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
555
[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,393 battles
48 minutes ago, Shipping_Forecast said:

The moral of the story being, enjoy the fight, give it your best, and take the bruises with a smile (through gritted, snarling, teeth, of course).

 

Snarg is hilarious. He has insight and he can actually play this game. So yea enjoy the fight, give it your best and take the bruises. I'll add never belittle teammates or blame the game for your diffencies.

 

th?id=OIP.LAbpZMV2okWs8SkzKPIgsAEFEs&pid

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
555
[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,393 battles
33 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Ever since Saturday I've had defeat after defeat with a occasional win. And most of the defeats have been steamrolls. :Smile_sad:

I don't have a clue as to why this has been happening but to say it's frustrating is a understatement. I generally don't mind losing as long as it's a good fight, but endless rolls?

ReddNeck, kinda like your Christmas Avatar, You bag that one from your back porch or buy it at the Pawn Shop!? Don't shoot me ok, still on your side. I'm from Texas ok!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,552
[PSP]
Members
6,254 posts
8,892 battles
6 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

You bag that one from your back porch or buy it at the Pawn Shop!

I never did put a deer up on the wall, but parts of a few probably still reside somewhere in my fat old belly.

Speaking of "back porch" though, here's a funny and true story. I once worked at a fish hatchery out in Oregon. The hatchery was only a mile and a half from a fairly good-sized town but as it was on the other side of a river it also was fairly isolated. There were deer and bears, cougar and coyotes, and we even had a herd of elk that would come through once or twice a week. The hatchery foreman was an avid hunter and was always going here and there in order to take advantage of the seasons. He had talked for weeks about the week-long elk hunting trip he was going to take up in the mountains. When he got back from his trip I asked him if he got his elk, to which he replied that they hadn't even seen one. The next Monday, he was in the hatchery cooler skinning an elk.  I asked him where he got it and he said that he'd just bought an archery permit and shot it from his back porch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
555
[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,393 battles
27 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I never did put a deer up on the wall, but parts of a few probably still reside somewhere in my fat old belly.

Speaking of "back porch" though, here's a funny and true story. I once worked at a fish hatchery out in Oregon. The hatchery was only a mile and a half from a fairly good-sized town but as it was on the other side of a river it also was fairly isolated. There were deer and bears, cougar and coyotes, and we even had a herd of elk that would come through once or twice a week. The hatchery foreman was an avid hunter and was always going here and there in order to take advantage of the seasons. He had talked for weeks about the week-long elk hunting trip he was going to take up in the mountains. When he got back from his trip I asked him if he got his elk, to which he replied that they hadn't even seen one. The next Monday, he was in the hatchery cooler skinning an elk.  I asked him where he got it and he said that he'd just bought an archery permit and shot it from his back porch.

Snarg that is a great story. I like talking to ReddNeck well because he's a redneck and I'm from south Texas. I was laughing when I sent him the message about shooting the deer and changing his Avatar. I shot at my first deer and missed when I was 12 from our back porch at our house. We lived on about 10 acres on the backside of the woods. Funny how we relate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,552
[PSP]
Members
6,254 posts
8,892 battles
30 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

I'm from south Texas. 

Been down in Texas a bit myself. I went to college for a while in Plainview,  joined the Army in Lubbock, was stationed at Ft. Sam in San Antonio and in east Texas on a civilian liaison TDY. I've trapped along the Canadian, Red, Brazos, Colorado, Pecos, and Rio Grande doing biological research. I've canoed the Sabine from the lake to the Gulf. I spent most of my spring breaks in college at my grandma's place in Port Aransas and I've probably camped for three months total at Big Bend because I've gone there more times than I can remember. Oh, and I spent several months doing research in a genetics lab at Texas A&M too. Add all that to the fact that I now reside in an area that once was part of the Republic of Texas, I guess that I can claim to be at least part Texan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,045
Members
3,780 posts
14,033 battles
1 hour ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

ReddNeck, kinda like your Christmas Avatar, You bag that one from your back porch or buy it at the Pawn Shop!? Don't shoot me ok, still on your side. I'm from Texas ok!

I found that pic on the web. I nice Red Neck Christmas décor. :Smile_great:

I'm live in Wyoming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
555
[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,393 battles
1 minute ago, ReddNekk said:

I found that pic on the web. I nice Red Neck Christmas décor. :Smile_great:

I'm live in Wyoming.

Well I worked in Wyoming  and I Loved being there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,552
[PSP]
Members
6,254 posts
8,892 battles
2 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

I found that pic on the web. I nice Red Neck Christmas décor. :Smile_great:

I'm live in Wyoming.

Passing through Wyoming every summer on my way to Oregon, I used to wonder why more people didn't live there. That is, until I got stuck living in the back of my truck for a week during a winter storm when I-80 was snowed closed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
555
[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,393 battles
27 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Been down in Texas a bit myself. I went to college for a while in Plainview,  joined the Army in Lubbock, was stationed at Ft. Sam in San Antonio and in east Texas on a civilian liaison TDY. I've trapped along the Canadian, Red, Brazos, Colorado, Pecos, and Rio Grande doing biological research. I've canoed the Sabine from the lake to the Gulf. I spent most of my spring breaks in college at my grandma's place in Port Aransas and I've probably camped for three months total at Big Bend because I've gone there more times than I can remember. Oh, and I spent several months doing research in a genetics lab at Texas A&M too. Add all that to the fact that I now reside in an area that once was part of the Republic of Texas, I guess that I can claim to be at least part Texan.

Snarg, dude I live by the Brazos River in Lake Jackson. My family are Aggies. Port Aransas is one of the best places to go fishing in Texas. My wife Sue and our kids have hiked, camped all over Big Bend. I also have canoed and camped the Sabine. Didn't go all the way to the Gulf of Mexico though. We will talk more ok.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,045
Members
3,780 posts
14,033 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Passing through Wyoming every summer on my way to Oregon, I used to wonder why more people didn't live there. That is, until I got stuck living in the back of my truck for a week during a winter storm when I-80 was snowed closed.

Yeah, we do get some pretty severe winters but the mild summers here in SW Wyoming at 6700 feet above sea level, (mid to high 80s, rarely 90+) make up for it. It does get windy a lot too.

wyoming-wind-sock.jpg.6a75a457f130536c12dd8b4d0ea6920b.jpg

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
555
[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,393 battles
1 hour ago, ReddNekk said:

Yeah, we do get some pretty severe winters but the mild summers here in SW Wyoming at 6700 feet above sea level, (mid to high 80s, rarely 90+) make up for it. It does get windy a lot too.

wyoming-wind-sock.jpg.6a75a457f130536c12dd8b4d0ea6920b.jpg

I was an Instrument Tech on a startup in Evanston years ago from October until Feb. The wind was what I remember the most. Cold and hard constantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×