You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Semmes63

So I've uninstalled & reinstalled....

8 comments in this topic

Members
7 posts
1,517 battles

...and now it won't launch.  I uninstalled because the client was crashing nearly every battle and wouldn't update.  Now it won't launch because it can't find updates.  I can't submit a ticket because WGCheck can't find the bloody game and I can't select it manually.  I'm having no problems whatsoever with WOT.  What the heck's going on?

[HINON]
Members
9,031 posts

Sounds like you should open a support ticket. Go to upper left corner of the page and click support. Click my tickets and then submit ticket.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,359 posts
12,148 battles

The support ticket would be best but you could look somewhere like this - D:\Wargaming.net\World of Warships\World_of_Warships_NA - or just search for wargamming.

I've also found the most common cause of WoWs crashing for me is outdated video drivers. Regardless of what else you do install the latest of those.

Good luck!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,650 posts
9,052 battles
2 minutes ago, Khafni said:

The support ticket would be best but you could look somewhere like this - D:\Wargaming.net\World of Warships\World_of_Warships_NA - or just search for wargamming.

I've also found the most common cause of WoWs crashing for me is outdated video drivers. Regardless of what else you do install the latest of those.

Good luck!

Not necessarily outdated drivers, sometimes you need to go back to an older driver.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

When you get it running again, turn off the new wows installer, and run the game via wows.exe.

Only run the installer in the background when you know there's an update.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
530 posts
8,558 battles

Best bet would be to uninstall including the WGC and use the old installer,

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AimRMJwTXinVkv4tvXHL-xgejLQCmg

WGC is and has been nothing but a buggy mess since they released it.

• Cool 1

[-GPS-]
Members
106 posts
7,301 battles

I am trying a clean install also. I have been having random critical error crashes mostly when the game goes to connect to a battle(although it has happened once while I was just looking at captains in port). The worst part is that you cant just alt tab and restart the game, even if you get task manager open it wont let you tab to it to kill WOWS, so it is a nasty hard reboot situation.  Last time this got me was the first clan battle of the night, ended up in a loss for my time as I got in 4 minutes late by the time I rebooted and reloaded.  I will post here if it seems to have done any good, just odd this seems to have come out of nowhere. One of the last few big patches seems to have caused some type of error in the code, no idea where it is though. I have never had this much trouble with WOWS until the last couple of months.