You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GrandAdmiral_2016

Things I do when I don't play WoWs

25 comments in this topic

[HELLS]
Members
1,704 posts
15,623 battles

Every once in a while I go back and build 3D items for my own fun, and train stuff for Open Rails. I stumbled onto this relic from 5 years ago. Crude, but you will recognize her for what she is. The aircraft I had already done for a flight simulator, so I just dumped a few on her deck. Should have done up a Firefly as well. Have a Seafire done up, but this air group is post-Seafire!

Warrior.jpg

• Cool 8

Members
1,641 posts
7,482 battles

British aircraft carrier, maybe Illustrious?

I really don't know my countries CVs, maybe ill go fix that soon..

Looks pretty good though, I certainly couldn't do anything like that.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,696 posts
9,112 battles

I envy you folks with graphic/artistic skill.

[HELLS]
Members
1,704 posts
15,623 battles
41 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

Open Rails?

Yep! I am a railroader by profession, 47 years experience,  still active teaching the younger generation how to do it with modern technologies. Plus I do some real locomotive simulator training and computer game stuff as well. I don't go looking for work, work comes looking for me, which allows me to pick and choose my jobs now that I am ''Retired''!!  It is a lot more fun when you don't have to wait to get paid because your pension still comes in at the end of the month, work or no work! Thanks for the compliments, folks.

Edit: Plus I was trained by a generation of men (no women on trains back in the day) who fought in the war, came home, had learned how to do it the hard way, and realized that they had to pay it forward for their own safety and welfare. Now I can do it in a sane, structured, rail and government approved manner and get excellent results

Edited by GrandAdmiral_2016

[HELLS]
Members
1,704 posts
15,623 battles
2 hours ago, Akeno017 said:

British aircraft carrier, maybe Illustrious?

I really don't know my countries CVs, maybe ill go fix that soon..

Looks pretty good though, I certainly couldn't do anything like that.

Nope. Colossus CVL. Got the builder's plans of Arromanches (HMS Colossus) from the Marine Nationale historical web site. The Majestic class has the same external arrangement and dimensions, with different radar and mast layouts, and I was looking to build a model of HMCS Magnificent, as I had the general arrangment drawings for her in David Hobb's fantastic book. Still a WIP.

[HELLS]
Members
1,704 posts
15,623 battles
22 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

Sounds like you're a cool guy Grand Admiral_ 2016

+1

Thanks. Just another old fart who likes to have fun. We all get one kick at the can, might as well make it enjoyable.

• Cool 1

[HAG]
Beta Testers
318 posts
4,079 battles
8 hours ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Thanks. Just another old fart who likes to have fun. We all get one kick at the can, might as well make it enjoyable.

Well I for one am glad you are doing that and that is one beautiful looking ship. I had always wanted to be a railroad man as a kid, my Grandpa has an amazing train set in his basement so I have always had a soft spot for it.

[HELLS]
Members
1,704 posts
15,623 battles
5 hours ago, justdags said:

Well I for one am glad you are doing that and that is one beautiful looking ship. I had always wanted to be a railroad man as a kid, my Grandpa has an amazing train set in his basement so I have always had a soft spot for it.

Here's a train for you. One of my own builds.

Steamer.jpg

• Cool 4

[HELLS]
Members
1,704 posts
15,623 battles
5 hours ago, justdags said:

And two more modern ones. The second one is where I worked for 28 years!

Diesels.jpg

• Cool 3

[5IN]
Members
1,793 posts
8,156 battles

Nice pic sir!  I love trains myself.  If you are interested in Museums, and you ever get down to the US (I see you are a neighbor to the north), check out the Illinois Railway Museum (http://www.irm.org)... they have a ton of equipment and it is a very nice visit.

Lastly, I love the old Conrail paint scheme... and the old Chessie System locomotives.  much better looking than CSX, imho....

b

[HELLS]
Members
1,704 posts
15,623 battles
7 hours ago, bassmasta76 said:

Lastly, I love the old Conrail paint scheme... and the old Chessie System locomotives.  much better looking than CSX, imho....

Here is a pair of my reskins of a commercial model-two Chessie System SD50s

Chessie Diesels.jpg

• Cool 3

[WOLF6]
Members
678 posts
3,853 battles

nice.

I had a chance to visit a locomotive during the Texas State Fair.  The engineer had it fired up and running when I stepped into the "cab?"  I don't know what you call it.  The smell reminded me of being aboard "ship" and the vibration/hum of the engines reminded me of the turbine engines of the ship as well.

[5IN]
Members
1,793 posts
8,156 battles
3 hours ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Chessie Diesels.jpg

Very nice sir, Very nice!  I love that old Chessie System paint scheme.  so classic, imho.

b

[HELLS]
Members
1,704 posts
15,623 battles

I got started on a Commencement Bay class CVE, but let it sit after finding someone else had built a better one. I only had the BUSHIPS  general arrangement drawings to go on and no decent hull lines. The hull number on the flight deck is the giveaway, along with the TBM on the port catapult.

Gambier Bay.jpg

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,260 posts
9,987 battles
19 hours ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Chessie Diesels.jpg

Very nice!

Got any MO-PAC things by chance?:fish_aqua:

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,040 posts
11,246 battles

Nice work man, i start try make a 3d model of graf zeppelin some time ago (before they announce she) and its really satisfyte do that.

Beta Testers
674 posts
6,109 battles

We all have some thing to do when we aren't playing the game. 

Me: I'm playing Magic the gathering card game, Vanguard card game, or DBZ card game start next year every Tue. & Thur.  or I'm building models looking to buy 1/700 HMS ARK Royal. If not doing either I'm doing research on my own time.