You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
orangebowl1

Epicenter on Tears of the Desert

15 comments in this topic

[1SSF]
Members
47 posts
6,284 battles

I think it's fair to say that literally nobody enjoys the map combined with this game mode. (Probably also fair to say that people don't really like each on separately either) I think the only viable game mode for Tears of the Desert is the three cap domination game mode because it doesn't encourage the lame island hiding around the edge and not actually doing anything.

[CK5]
Members
806 posts
6,578 battles

Whenever I start in that map and mode, chat is filled with comments about how players hate the map.  Granted, that is all anecdotal evidence, but I have not seen much support for the map here on the forums either.  Since WG has a good reputation of actually listening to its player base (look what happened to the Ocean map), I wonder what motivates WG to keep the map? 

[SPTR]
Members
3,479 posts
5,741 battles

Whereas it is a very ergonomically unfriendly map, it is a very good map for players to practice and adapt to the cautious and deliberate playstyle of tier IX and X ships. It has many problems and should be revised, namely that destroyers were too cut off from the rest of the team and the outcome of the game depends too much on them, pivoting the shortcomings of some destroyers  (IJN poor guns) and effectively eliminate the shortcomings of some others. (Russian poor detection). Currently, it is quite an interesting map for clan strategy practices and planning in training rooms, and it is certainly an exciting map for destroyer duels between clan mates, but as a random battle map...err...

[1SSF]
Members
47 posts
6,284 battles
3 minutes ago, The_first_harbinger said:

Whereas it is a very ergonomically unfriendly map, it is a very good map for players to practice and adapt to the cautious and deliberate playstyle of tier IX and X ships. It has many problems and should be revised, namely that destroyers were too cut off from the rest of the team and the outcome of the game depends too much on them, pivoting the shortcomings of some destroyers  (IJN poor guns) and effectively eliminate the shortcomings of some others. (Russian poor detection). Currently, it is quite an interesting map for clan strategy practices and planning in training rooms, and it is certainly an exciting map for destroyer duels between clan mates, but as a random battle map...err...

As a map in comms with deliberate planning I can totally agree with you. In randoms with epicenter as to mode it's utter rubish.

[TBW]
Members
6,406 posts
12,057 battles
46 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

look what happened to the Ocean map

I like Ocean map, it's perhaps the best one and epicenter on Ocean would be great fun. It's really kind of dumb for people to say how much they hate Epicenter on Tears every time the map starts. Try something original from time to time eh? As this topic has been beaten to death here too, it has the making of an unintelligent post right from the start.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Boring 1

[1SSF]
Members
47 posts
6,284 battles
11 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I like Ocean map, it's perhaps the best ones and epicenter on Ocean would be great fun. It's really kind of dumb for people to say how much they hate Epicenter on Tears every time the map starts. Try something original from time to time eh? As this topic has been beaten to death here too, it has the making of an unintelligent post right from the start.

Oh you're totally right, how could I possibly have thought what I thought. You're comment has completely changed my mind on how the quality of the map and game mode relate to each other. 

Do you feel all high and mighty when you say stuff like this? I bet you feel really smart when you call a post unintelligent just because it's been said before. So you can kindly go [edited] yourself.

[TBW]
Members
6,406 posts
12,057 battles
1 minute ago, orangebowl1 said:

So you can kindly go [edited] yourself.

-That's highly intelligent too.

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
18 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It's really kind of dumb for people to say how much they hate Epicenter on Tears every time the map starts. Try something original from time to time eh?

As this topic has been beaten to death here too, it has the making of an unintelligent post right from the start.

Something original?  It's not like people are telling jokes, they're saying they don't like something.  There's no need to try to be original.

The fact that it is often brought up clearly means people don't like it.  What's unintelligent about continuing to make it known to a company that tends to listen to its customers?  The squeaky wheel tends to gets the grease, after all.

Edited by AspiringCodger

[1SSF]
Members
47 posts
6,284 battles
2 minutes ago, AspiringCodger said:

Something original?  It's not like people are telling jokes, they're saying they don't like something.  There's no need to try to be original.

The fact that it is often brought up clearly means people don't like it.  What's unintelligent about continuing to make it known to a company that tends to listen to its customers?  The squeaky wheel tends to gets the grease, after all.

Doesn't matter, he feels smarter than me now and that's all that really matters.

[TBW]
Members
6,406 posts
12,057 battles
2 minutes ago, orangebowl1 said:

Doesn't matter, he feels smarter than me now and that's all that really matters.

I am sorry if I offended you.  That was not my intent, Flogging the dead horse, isn't going to make it move, however.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,665 posts
9,071 battles

Tears of the Desert is all right in any mode but epicenter.

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,411 battles

I really don't have a problem with Tears of the Desert map. A lot of guys don't get the strategy of Epicenter and that can be a bit frustrating when they are outside the rings chasing reds down. I would like to see more maps though.

[SALVO]
Members
17,080 posts
17,754 battles
2 hours ago, orangebowl1 said:

I think it's fair to say that literally nobody enjoys the map combined with this game mode. (Probably also fair to say that people don't really like each on separately either) I think the only viable game mode for Tears of the Desert is the three cap domination game mode because it doesn't encourage the lame island hiding around the edge and not actually doing anything.

Who are these "people"? (In case you can't figure it out, it's a rhetorical question.)  How many are there?

Tears is hardly the best map, but it's not completely horrible either.  

As for Epicenter mode in general, I see comments on it as sort of an intelligence test.  There's not one bloody thing wrong with Epicenter mode ... in general.  Thus, when someone claims to hate the mode, my opinion of them sinks rather dramatically.

As for Tears-Epi, yes, it is a terrible map/mode combo because of the combination of the inner cap circle being surrounded by the wall of islands, as well as the spawns being in the NW and SE.  As I've said repeatedly, if the devs moved the spawns to the NE and SW, it could change the dynamic of Tears-Epi considerably.

As for this entire thread.... Really?  We need to talk about this topic AGAIN? :Smile_facepalm:

[SALVO]
Members
17,080 posts
17,754 battles
1 hour ago, AspiringCodger said:

Sometimes the squeaky wheel is wrong, dead wrong.  Case in point:  Ocean.  Ocean is the best, most realistic map in the game, bar none.  

In the case of Epicenter, they're just as wrong.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1