You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GrimmeReaper

The Great Paradox

18 comments in this topic

[TBOW]
Members
1,253 posts
10,726 battles

With the Pan Asian DD Line, RN BBs and the USN CV Rework WG has created a Paradox of sorts, do you spec for AA, Fire or Deep Water Torpedoes.  Especially at High Tiers what is now a good overall build to give you a chance to survive?  What are you looking at for a overall build to get enough of each to make things more durable?

Edited by gcangel82

[-BRS-]
Members
1,641 posts
13,656 battles

Well from what I've noticed there's not a lot of deep water torpedoes at high tier but midway's are devastating it seems to be a lot more CV lately

[HINON]
Supertester
19,247 posts
12,800 battles

Having to make a choice =/= paradox

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
19,247 posts
12,800 battles
4 minutes ago, nina_blain_73 said:

wait...wut....I thought time travel =/= paradox

There are theoretical paradoxes possible with theoretical time travel, but just having to make a choice when building a ship isn't a paradox.

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles
56 minutes ago, gcangel82 said:

With the Pan Asian DD Line, RN BBs and the USN CV Rework WG has created a Paradox of sorts, do you spec for AA, Fire or Deep Water Torpedoes.  Especially at High Tiers what is now a good overall build to give you a chance to survive?  What are you looking at for a overall build to get enough of each to make things more durable?

/sarcasm Player Decision? Why, that's a paradox that the result of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the spacetime continuum and destroy the entire universe! Granted, that's a worst-case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localised, limited to merely our own galaxy.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,426 battles
15 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Why, that's a paradox that the result of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the spacetime continuum and destroy the entire universe! Granted, that's a worst-case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localised, limited to merely our own galaxy.

Doc Emmitt Brown or Einstein?

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles
Just now, Ghostdog1355 said:

Doc Emmitt Brown or Einstein?

It's a Back to the Future II quote.

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,426 battles
33 minutes ago, Sventex said:

It's a Back to the Future II quote.

That would be Doc Emmitt Brown.

Beta Testers
1,488 posts
8,999 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Having to make a choice =/= paradox

Not really true.  When there is a Paradox, you have to decide which one to park your ship at. :Smile_hiding:

[HINON]
Supertester
19,247 posts
12,800 battles
1 minute ago, Sotaudi said:

Not really true.  When there is a Paradox, you have to decide which one to park your ship at. :Smile_hiding:

Usually the pilot or harbormaster decides that I think.

Beta Testers
1,488 posts
8,999 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

Usually the pilot or harbormaster decides that I think.

True, but, still, there is a choice that must be made. :Smile_teethhappy:

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,856 posts
4,224 battles
2 hours ago, gcangel82 said:

Especially at High Tiers what is now a good overall build to give you a chance to survive?

I call it the "Git Gud" build. It relies on the player learning situational awareness and WASD hacks and not to stray too far from cruisers to survive rather than giving them captain skills and modules that do everything for them.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Personally I'd spec for gunnery. You have stealthy torps with a decent reload at most tiers, and you have an excellent smokescreen for hiding from carriers. Your real threat comes from enemy destroyers, which have a significant tactical advantage over you by both their immunity to your torpedoes, and possessing torpedoes that can hit you as well. Your guns are what is going to save you against the real threats, spec accordingly IMO.

Fair winds and following seas captain! :Smile_honoring:

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles

Remember a time when LWM recommended a captain build that was good for all battleships?   That you'd be a fool to customize your ship in any other way?  Can anyone honestly say that was a better time?

[TDG]
Members
1,196 posts
6,055 battles
33 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Personally I'd spec for gunnery. You have stealthy torps with a decent reload at most tiers, and you have an excellent smokescreen for hiding from carriers. Your real threat comes from enemy destroyers, which have a significant tactical advantage over you by both their immunity to your torpedoes, and possessing torpedoes that can hit you as well. Your guns are what is going to save you against the real threats, spec accordingly IMO.

This is my thinking exactly.

Do you have suggestions on the specific skills that will help here?

I'm including BFT, DE, and EM in my PA builds so far.  I suppose AR and SSE are helpful.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
26 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

This is my thinking exactly.

Do you have suggestions on the specific skills that will help here?

I'm including BFT, DE, and EM in my PA builds so far.  I suppose AR and SSE are helpful.

By the later tiers, (8-10) EM is irrelevant. BFT and DE are good choices, as is AR. I'd recommend, PT, LS, DE (or BFT), and CE as the core of your captain. After that, BFT (or DE depending on which was taken first), AR, TAE, and PM would be a good well rounded captain IMO.

• Cool 1