Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PepperMill

4 versus 4 battle, fun!

4 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
296 posts

Playing on the 0.6.15 PTS I got in a match with 4 on each side.    It was really fun!   A quick and intense battle where every action counted.   Any mistake became a probable loss.

Match was Domination on Haven.   It was 4 Fijis versus 3 Fijis and a Pensacola.  Battle lasted just over 10 minutes but was very dynamic.   Strategies and counter-strategies developed very quickly.   Team work was important and worked out with quick commands because of language barriers.  The similarity between the ships made the game more strategic.  With so many of the ships only having AP getting flank shots was critical.   Their team had the one HE capable ship and it could have been a critical factor but he misplayed and got spotted.

I don't know how this would fit into the game but it was enjoyable.   Might be a good training tool, 10 minute domination battle, 4 versus 4.   The intensity forces you to learn faster.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
18 minutes ago, PepperMill said:

match with 4 on each side. 

I do not play a lot of Random, but when I do and I get one of these small battles they are my favorite.

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,137 battles

I had one yesterday on the live server. High tier CVs pulled us really quick, I think we had 7v7. But yeah, the small teams are interesting. My Balty covered the Montana and Yamato, the Hindenburg covered the Tirpitz. Our Fletcher was the cap ninja. My group got between two caps, and my radar and DF kept the BBs safe while they murdered the reds. It was pretty one-sided, because everyone on our team knew how to work together and had good communication.

I will say that high tier CVs really seem to scare people into working with the team. As soon as the BBs see that Midway, they want to come push with the cruisers:Smile_teethhappy:

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,400 battles

About a year ago I was trying to get my youngest brother introduced to the game and was showing him the website and all. He wanted to see what a tier 1 battle looked like so I took the Erie out. Game loaded up and took forever to Que. When it finally did there was only myself and one red IJN cruiser. It was actually fun with just him and I.

Sign in to follow this