You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ihsasum

The current 10x10 grid system isn't enough anymore. make it 20x20 plz

8 comments in this topic

[ZAOAI]
Members
37 posts
31,132 battles

When CW, a highly organised competitive game mode is on live server now. We need a more precise map grid system for callers and for planning. i think 20x20, 25x25 will do the job.

[CYKA]
Modder
847 posts
4,826 battles

I think they should just make the minimap bigger first, then point and click on anywhere of the map, and the wave effect on that point of the map, is more suffice and left the grid for distance calculation.

Members
1,788 posts
5,663 battles

My opinion the mini map should be a radar scope with a sweep line to highlight your team and when your in range the enemy team. and if a ship has radar and it is turned on the ships it detects should highlight on the screen. This would be a step in the immersion effect for us historian types.:cap_look:

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,236 battles
1 hour ago, ihsasum said:

When CW, a highly organised competitive game mode is on live server now. We need a more precise map grid system for callers and for planning. i think 20x20, 25x25 will do the job.

WoW wants matches short (and, apparently, violent), so enlarging the battle map doesn't seem to fit their mental meta. And as for finding ships within a square ... skills are required.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
793 posts
2,819 battles

Its fine, a good enough caller and team will know what the caller means when they want to go to a specific square if not people will ask or the caller will tell them. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,236 battles
57 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

My opinion the mini map should be a radar scope with a sweep line to highlight your team and when your in range the enemy team. and if a ship has radar and it is turned on the ships it detects should highlight on the screen. This would be a step in the immersion effect for us historian types.:cap_look:

I don't know about you historian types (all you brainy folks who insist on reading and writing and such), but from a confirmed and proud graduate of  the Jethro D. Bodine Junior-High Preparatory Academy (though I did fail to take advantage of a scholarship offered by the state for both 7th and 8th grades, not wanting to seem uppity), this would seem to be much more in line with the real performance of radar as opposed to some "magic wand" which allows everything to be visable in real-time, even through islands. Hydro should work in the same way, and with the same icons you see in a match; ships displayed with their symbols and torps with little triangles. This would make the game both more realistic and more challenging.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
59 minutes ago, Umikami said:

WoW wants matches short (and, apparently, violent), so enlarging the battle map doesn't seem to fit their mental meta. And as for finding ships within a square ... skills are required.

I don't think the OP means making the map bigger.  He just wants more grid squares on the mini map for more precise calling.

• Cool 1

[KENT]
Members
481 posts
3,178 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

I don't know about you historian types (all you brainy folks who insist on reading and writing and such), but from a confirmed and proud graduate of  the Jethro D. Bodine Junior-High Preparatory Academy (though I did fail to take advantage of a scholarship offered by the state for both 7th and 8th grades, not wanting to seem uppity), this would seem to be much more in line with the real performance of radar as opposed to some "magic wand" which allows everything to be visable in real-time, even through islands. Hydro should work in the same way, and with the same icons you see in a match; ships displayed with their symbols and torps with little triangles. This would make the game both more realistic and more challenging.

>dont want to seem uppity

>talks about how smart he is for getting a scholarship

Nice job doxxing yourself anon.