You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Thank you to Wargaming for my Vampire.

38 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
6,453 posts
4,302 battles

Yes, I know I had to play hard (for me) to win her, but it's still nice of them to offer up, in the fashion they did, something they hope to make money out of. 

She's my first premium ship and the first ship I ever won in any fashion, so yeah, I'm sort of very pleased with myself right now. But still grateful. Taste of Blood was a blast - thanks for the fun, WG. :D

• Cool 7

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,221 battles

I second this^^^

She’s not my first premium, unlike the OP, but TY to WG for the free stuff

Edited by FireAndHEspam

[FML]
Members
1,782 posts
10,159 battles

Agreed, its a fine little ship, good history, and the missions were achievable for a large minority of players who were more active than normal (but didnt have to get bizzare achievements) to get - the ideal combo.  

[O_O]
Members
4,432 posts
9,618 battles

I have 21 premium ships I have gotten free from WG, either as mission reward, contest, or just a gift.  List here:

Spoiler
  1. Tachibana
  2. Mikasa
  3. Katori
  4. Kamikaze R
  5. ARP Kongo
  6. ARP Hiei
  7. ARP Kirishima
  8. ARP Haruna
  9. ARP Ashigara
  10. ARP Nachi
  11. ARP Myoko
  12. ARP Haguro
  13. ARP Takao
  14. Southern Dragon
  15. Shinonome
  16. Albany
  17. Marblehead
  18. Missouri
  19. Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya (I paid for this ship to get the daily Crimson crates, but she was available for free)
  20. Emden
  21. Graf Spee

Vampire makes 22.  Very generous, WG, very generous, indeed.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,355 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

She's my first premium ship and the first ship I ever won in any fashion, so yeah, I'm sort of very pleased with myself right now. But still grateful.

She's NOT my first premium reward ship, but she IS my first reward ship with teeth; and for that, Wargaming, I am sincerely and truly grateful!

[PSP]
Members
6,348 posts
8,971 battles

Just played a game in my Vampire. Low-tier games are funny sometimes. My 102 mm shells didn't do much good as the only enemy ships I ever got close to were BBs and I never got close enough to them to torpedo them. One of these days I'll get IFHE and it will do better. Low tier games are strange indeed. I didn't do much more than 2000 damage, only capped one cap, and came in fourth on the winning team. Go figure. 

Edited by Snargfargle

[4HIM]
Members
1,818 posts
4,168 battles

A big +1 thanks to WG.  For making it a freebie, and for not making the conditions to get it only within the reach of unicum players.  If a potato like me can do it, anyone can.  Barely played it so far, but it seems a fun little bote.

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
170 posts
6,571 battles

Thanks for bringing out the HMAS Vampire, but the gun ballistic damage doesnt do as much as a tier 2 ship stats with HE and AP with constant fire and also has less HE and AP damage of other ships with same gun calibre.  (WHY ??)

It also needs to have another triple torpedo salvo, the real HMAS vampire had 2 x triple mounts, later changed to 2 x quad mounts. ( it has the least amount of torps of any tier 2 or tier 3 ship and its in tier 3.

Effectively its a tier 2 ship and its underpowered.  it needs a buff and for a premium ship you have to do that to justify paying real money for it if  your going to sell it.

Knowing the stats id never buy it but i was happy to win it in a few missions

Members
733 posts
12 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

Thanks for bringing out the HMAS Vampire, but the gun ballistic damage doesnt do as much as a tier 2 ship stats with HE and AP with constant fire and also has less HE and AP damage of other ships with same gun calibre.  (WHY ??)

It also needs to have another triple torpedo salvo, the real HMAS vampire had 2 x triple mounts, later changed to 2 x quad mounts. ( it has the least amount of torps of any tier 2 or tier 3 ship and its in tier 3.

Effectively its a tier 2 ship and its underpowered.  it needs a buff and for a premium ship you have to do that to justify paying real money for it if  your going to sell it.

Knowing the stats id never buy it but i was happy to win it in a few missions

in a image from March 1942 about 1 month before she was sank, she had one triple tube, the rear mount was replaced by second QF 2-pounder which was done in Jan 1942, she was sunk in April 1942 by bombs from Japanese aircraft.

HMAS_Vampire_1942.jpg

[WGA]
Administrator
700 posts
251 battles

We definitely appreciate the feedback and let us know how the missions worked for you.

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
170 posts
6,571 battles

but in the RN she did  have them from 1917 and passed to the RAN  in 1933 till i think 1940 in a refit, not sure, but she did have them

HMAS Vampire (1) RAN page

But i enjoyed the ship missions, i always enjoy those type of ship missions like the bismark ones.  I understand the next one will be the Tirpitz, I have that but it will be fun to do

Edited by DevilD0g

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,192 battles
10 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

but in the RN she did  have them from 1917 and passed to the RAN  in 1933 till i think 1940 in a refit, not sure, but she did have them

HMAS Vampire (1) RAN page

But i enjoyed the ship missions, i always enjoy those type of ship missions like the bismark ones.  I understand the next one will be the Tirpitz, I have that but it will be fun to do

1. No the next mission is for Duke of York, Tirpitz is just the placeholder.

2. HMAS Vampire in 1942 had 3 turrets and 1 triple launcher. The version in-game is like @Doomlock said, it is her as she sank in 1942. As can be seen here.

ForceZ.png

and here.

5519055341_7f06fa4f98_b.jpg

[ARGSY]
Members
6,453 posts
4,302 battles
4 hours ago, b101uk said:

in a image from March 1942 about 1 month before she was sank, she had one triple tube, the rear mount was replaced by second QF 2-pounder which was done in Jan 1942, she was sunk in April 1942 by bombs from Japanese aircraft.

HMAS_Vampire_1942.jpg

This clears things up. I was wondering about that triple vs. quad tube thing, but yeah, this shows her as she appears in game.

[SCRAP]
Beta Testers
1,448 posts
4,634 battles

Agree: A fine ship, aptly tiered - proving that when you put the ship in the tier it belongs, it doesn't need gimmicks.

Beta Testers
403 posts
9,366 battles

Agree, thanks WG, great little ship. Now...where's my Canberra or Australia? hint, hint..

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,193 posts
11,707 battles

Agree with the above.  I enjoyed both the ship and the missions to get her.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,044 posts

unfortunately don't have enough time to get her

also why most if not all of the mission free ships are dds? i'd love to earn cA/BB, since i don't play DDs

[PVE]
Members
234 posts
11,042 battles

Great job on the Vampire WOWS , It got me back into playing DDs again ..Can we have a Canadian ship soon?