You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kevik70

Should this be concerning? My Days Average Damage for T9 DD is almost Equal to my T4 DD (Also Now #1 Clemson Player again)

44 comments in this topic

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,254 posts
7,782 battles

So I am wondering if anyone else would find this as concerning as I do. I played  a few games in my  Tier 9 Pan-Asia DD the Chung Mu today and only barely squeaked out a slightly higher average damage then I did in my T4 American DD the Clemson. Now I don't think I am a bad player but I am pretty sure you're suppose to do more damage at Tier 9 than you are at Tier 4 right?

Spoiler

5a320ff7c6fae_ClemsonalmosthasasmuchdamageastheChung.thumb.jpg.b42711b9210024098829cec4f54f4585.jpg

On a completely unrelated note I may once again rule supreme of Warships.Today player rating for the Clubson. Take that Priso something or another.

Edit: I was totally going to make a separate thread for this but I decided that it'd be better to take on to the end of this one.

TOP Clemson STATS once again!!!!!!!!

Spoiler

5a32d2425e69c_TopClemsonStatsagain.thumb.png.30cf81f8b01ba7ea3ebdf8e1752775dd.png

Well after these few battles yesterday and some monster quality battles in my Clemson before I am now the best Clemson player on the sever once again. (Rated by WTR for players with over 100 battles in the Clemson)

These screenshots below show some of my most epic Clemson games or at least the ones I bothered to screenshot.

Spoiler

shot-17_12.09_15_26.01-0831.thumb.jpg.ff3888b19a874be368b85a50ce8ad625.jpgshot-17_12.13_12_31.23-0904.thumb.jpg.d11d6e18b6a1ca65e8ca198aec4d3c41.jpgshot-17_10.12_00_35.22-0863.thumb.jpg.0a029defcbf02a81c78f42828004ab79.jpgshot-17_09.11_12_34_34-0483.thumb.jpg.6e1a8ac29a99ca5f253399c15b4bbc90.jpg

• Boring 6

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts

The T4 Clemson is a monster of a DD at her tier and a fan favorite of seal clubbers. The type of boats she faces are fairly helpless against her, and CVs are not only rare, but also cannot manual drop.

T9 DDs, on the other hand, have to deal with triple torp cross drop CVs, Radar, Hydro, more experienced players, and German BBs with full secondary specs. It's an entirely different ballgame.

• Cool 2

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,031 posts

That's some serious clubbing in the Clemson. So much for protected MM keeping the baby seals safe. :cap_book:

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,254 posts
7,782 battles
1 minute ago, TornadoADV said:

That's some serious clubbing in the Clemson. So much for protected MM keeping the baby seals safe. :cap_book:

:Smile_child: whistles innocently.... 

[TF57]
Members
1,264 posts
3,939 battles

Damage for destroyers does not "scale" very well.

I recall average damage for T3 BB (~18k) and T3 DD (~18K) is about even....

...but by T10 it's something like BB 90k, DD 45k....

Perhaps DD have learnt their proper role - to be a "support class" for their BB overlords - by that stage....

[TF57]
Members
1,264 posts
3,939 battles

..By the way, another +1 for your brag thread. Not a subtle this time, though. I may have to give it a "bored" icon but any attention is good attention, amirite?

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,865 posts
7,177 battles

I do more damage in my t4 Pheonix than in my t10 Minotaur, which should be concerning, but won't surprise anyone who knows me :Smile_child:

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,254 posts
8,649 battles

Whaddaya know, I'm seeing the same problem.

vgMhYYL.jpg

plz fix it WG!

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts

Orion is grossly OP, lol. It's a pretty well known fact by now.

Honestly, I sometimes think Wargaming actually wants some T3 and T4 ships to be this gross. So many of the most OP premiums in the game are T3 and T4.

Members
33 posts
23 battles

Why do you only have 5 battles in the Chung Mu, 3 battles in the Clemson and 1 in the Montana? It this for the  test server?

[TF57]
Members
1,264 posts
3,939 battles

Oh, to improve the OP, you could have put some sort of comment such as "radar is the problem" or perhaps "BB AP needs nerf" - it would have made the thread more lively...

• Funny 1

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,254 posts
7,782 battles
7 hours ago, pikohan said:

Whaddaya know, I'm seeing the same problem.

vgMhYYL.jpg

plz fix it WG!

Nice, pretty good for  T4 BB.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,254 posts
7,782 battles
6 hours ago, Miproyq said:

Why do you only have 5 battles in the Chung Mu, 3 battles in the Clemson and 1 in the Montana? It this for the  test server?

It is my stats just for yesterday, overall I have a few hundred battles in my Montana and Clemson.

Beta Testers
1,256 posts
8,148 battles

Was in a match with you, in your PADD, last night.  You topped the chart, although I really didn't get a chance to see what you and your division were actually doing.  You were basically camped in B, but that was the busiest cap in terms of hulls.

I was the Khab, took out a red DD early.

[CRMSN]
5,411 posts
3,583 battles
11 hours ago, Kevik70 said:

So I am wondering if anyone else would find this as concerning as I do. I played  a few games in my  Tier 9 Pan-Asia DD the Chung Mu today and only barely squeaked out a slightly higher average damage then I did in my T4 American DD the Clemson. Now I don't think I am a bad player but I am pretty sure you're suppose to do more damage at Tier 9 than you are at Tier 4 right?

Hide contents

5a320ff7c6fae_ClemsonalmosthasasmuchdamageastheChung.thumb.jpg.b42711b9210024098829cec4f54f4585.jpg

On a completely unrelated note I may once again rule supreme of Warships.Today player rating for the Clubson. Take that Priso something or another.

No its normal.

It highlights how ineffective higher tier DD's are at doing damage.

Marblehead and Texas do more average damage then Fletcher. 

Heck wyoming does 4k less avg damage then Fletcher says a lot about higher tier DD damage. 

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,254 posts
7,782 battles
3 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

No its normal.

Heck wyoming does 4k less avg damage then Fletcher says a lot about higher tier DD damage. 

Yeah some high tier DDs have really low average damage, like 30-40k averages. I mean for comparision my Clemson has a 54k average damage which is higher than the servers average for almost any tier DD.

Thats either A: I do really well in the Clemson or B: People just suck at playing DDs. Both are almost certainly true.

[CRMSN]
5,411 posts
3,583 battles
Just now, Kevik70 said:

Yeah some high tier DDs have really low average damage, like 30-40k averages. I mean for comparision my Clemson has a 54k average damage which is higher than the servers average for almost any tier DD.

If you account for the old minekaze / fujin / , they legit blow most higher tier DD's out of the water for AVG Dmg. 

34/35/35k damage for Kamikaze / R / Fujin with about 20k solo games played between the 3 over the last 2 weeks.

Basically puts it on par damage wise with most tier 9 DD's . I guess that's why they removed them lol. 

Members
396 posts
9,434 battles
42 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

No its normal.

Yup, between a little clubbing down low and the feast or famine and more well more famine (IJN) of high tier DD's its not too surprising.

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,753 posts
3,490 battles

I thought this wasn't going to be about the Clemson. Silly me. :p

On a side note I'm not particularly proud of my Benson damage numbers. They're bellow average. Not sure if I'm just not great at DDs, or what. My win rate is good though. 

[CAST]
Members
1,215 posts
7,407 battles

You can easily club newer players in a low tier ship to inflate the damage numbers.  Most higher tier players don't get clubbed quite so easily, so the numbers don't scale up with tier.  Plus, there are other members of your team beating up those same ships at the higher tiers, so your percentage of team damage won't be quite so big.

Members
18,363 posts
5,241 battles

You should be very concerned. First you start slipping a bit, then next, your waxing nostalgic for the "good old days", you'll notice your mouse hand getting shaky, and then it's only a matter of time before your younger clanmates have you carted off to a home....

Once there, you'll game out your days playing N64 Goldeneye split-screen multiplayer...

• Funny 1

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,254 posts
7,782 battles
7 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

You should be very concerned. First you start slipping a bit, then next, your waxing nostalgic for the "good old days", you'll notice your mouse hand getting shaky, and then it's only a matter of time before your younger clanmates have you carted off to a home....

Once there, you'll game out your days playing N64 Goldeneye split-screen multiplayer...

No, they would do that to me, I'm still young and hip. I can still roll with the youngsters and yolo dab with a fidget spinner or whatever the kids do these days.

[INTEL]
Members
8,599 posts
25,764 battles

I've noticed the damage issue as well in my own DD play. But it is pretty simple. A low tier DD has 5-6 tiny guns, just like a high tier, and probably get nearly the same amount of damage per game with torps, since you get fewer hits in the high tiers because ship drivers are smarter and much faster. In Clemmie you can yolo Wyomings all day long, but you're not yoloing a Missouri in a Fletcher. It's really not surprising that there isn't much growth in overall damage. The health of high tier DDs isn't all that much greater either, and it is more than compensated for by the much greater hitting power of the BBs and cruisers that shoot at them. 

The only exception to this are the Russky gunboats, which have high damage potential.